Review: Sipik SK68 AKA Cree Q5 Adjustable Torch

What size are those GITD rings (for the outside, that is)?? And where's the best place to get them from, DX?

About 20mm

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/glow-in-the-dark-water-tight-silicone-o-ring-seal-20mm-20-pack-3449

Thank you! I figured they were about that but I wanted to be sure.

the original Sipik SK68 seems to have 3 modes (in the latest hardware revision), please check yourself so no more need to buy any modded clones:

anyone knows chin*se?

so what does it say?? ;)

Honestly I don't even know whats the real thing and whats a clone anymore. I have one that says Sipik SK-68 and I don't know if its a clone. Where can someone buy a CONFIRMED real SK-68? I have this one in hand. Its nice, nicer than the pictures show it to be.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/280724553968?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_4029wt_1139

but is it real? If it is, my TomTop SK-68 is almost identical in terms of fit, form, and function. If this is a clone, I guess I don't really have a need to buy the real thing because these two are so good. I do have another sk-68 clone from a us seller CampingSurvivals that is obviously different and of slightly lower quality.

Is this one the real deal?

http://www.focalprice.com/LF571B/Sipik_SK68_Mini_Adjustable_Zooming_LED_Flashlight_Black.html#Description

I already ordered this one but the description doesn't say anything about being to run on 14500.

Did the one you get have modes? The eBay listing doesn't say it does so I'm guessing it doesn't but you never know with these eBay sellers.

from a quick look it says 3 modes, high quality PMMA lens for ipx-6 water resistance, High mode 120 lumens for up to 2 hours, medium mode 60 lumens for up to 3.5 hours, burst flash 120 LM up to 4 hours. max rang 200 meters. I guess that's all the easy stuff you could probably already guess. Bottom lines say wide voltage design, soft press to switch through modes, and comes with a pocket clip.

No modes. I have 4 SK-68s. Out of those 4, I have 2 that I really like. Out of those 2, this is my favorite.

Just got this light yesterday from Focalprice. Single mode. Even though that sipik site shows it as a 3 mode, I have yet to see anyone who actually has one with 3 modes. Any of you guys actually get one with 3 modes? If so where did you get it? Their website makes no mention of authorized dealers who sell their lights.

Anyway back to the light. What a good deal of a light for about $8. This thing looks and feels really good in the hand. The zoom function is super cool. All flood to all throw. Nice color beam. Light is pretty bright with AA and after I put in a 14500, damn Holy Brightness Batman! The square LED spot takes a minute to get used to but it's quite cool. I'm actually pretty stoked with this light and still can't believe it sells for $8. What a friggin deal.

Agreed. My one mode UltraFire clone is really nice for $6.99. Love this light!

Not affiliated, just got an alert through Fatwallet.

First post for me as well...

http://www.tomtop.com/7w-300lm-mini-cree-led-flashlight-torch-adjustable-focus-zoom-light-lamp.html

Single mode.

I have too many already, otherwise I'd buy another one.

-S

And for completeness, Fatwallet link

and 10% off coupon for TomTop TT10MAR31

Looks and feels great (It is the most important thing, isn't it? A few people will get into technical details). The LED is not the best (I have another XR-E, brighter and warmer). Good spot (but with a ring around it). Single mode. Draws quite constant 1.67A from NiMH. Lithium is another story (direct drive at higher voltages): 0.4-0.5A at 2.7-3.2V, 1A at 3.6V, 2A at 4V. No thermal paste under the star. If you think about replacing the LED with a XM-L, think again; it will take all the current the battery is capable of, the driver probably will not survive. The driver board is pressed into aluminum pill; I did not take the driver out yet, because the contact may be worse after reseating. The driver is rather inefficient because of little size; a 3 mode driver perhaps even worse??

Vieplis, neesi no LV gadījumā?

Isnt 8$ bit pricey for this thing?

Esmu.

8 was the cheapest I knew 2 months ago.

> another XR-E, brighter and warmer

Pointers to where to get LEDs suitable to swap into the Sipiks, leaving the driver as is? (because the size seems hard to find drivers for)

I'd like to make one a true neutral.

There's no XR-E in amber -- what else might work? I'd like to try an amber/yellow LED in another one. With thermal paste.

You need a LED on a 16mm board. DX has a warm white XR-E P4 (I have not tried it).

Do not even think of a yellow LED (nor red), they have lower voltage.

Nu jā, niks nodeva !

Ir te vēl daži LV pārstāvji.

Yeah, it might be that 8$ couple of months ago was good price before whole this craze started and people started to look for best bargains, you could probably get one between 6 and 7$, 3 mode version is supposedly available from amazplus.com for 7$, havent tried that one out yet, dont want to order one and then receive single mode one, will wait for other members to report getting 3 mode version and only then buy one.

So, are you going to attempt to actually remove the driver pill? If so, post pictures after youre done, Id like to see how to do it without ruining the light itself, havent tried to dismantle it myself yet and dont feel like doing so before someone else has done it.

Which Sipik clone has the strobe? or half strobe?

Btw.. I seen tomtop one on ebay for 2.99 is that the same as the $7 one? thx

Thanks

Links?