Review: SK73 clone from Dealmetic: "Zeusray" Beamshots added, whitewall shots still to come

yeah, lots of those from that ‘superpapa’ source on Ebay, huge variation in prices.

In addition to what Tom said, many SK-73 clones have different size floods. My SK-73 has a MUCH smaller flood than than they Zeusray version. The Zeusray is easily twice as big.

Yep. It’s an xre.

Good Day,

Could someone Please tell me what is the inner diameter of the "battery tube" for the Dealmetic Zeusray flashlight?

I am wondering if a 3xAAA Battery holder will fit (I doubt it).

Thank You Very Much,

George

A 3AAA carrier won't fit - fits 18650's fine without a spacer, so no way can the carrier fit. The SupFire F3-L2 is a great alternative with 3AAA capability and an XM-L2. The flood area on the F3 is about the same as the ZeusRay - I got both.

Available here at a good price of $12 now: http://www.dhgate.com/product/mini-zoomable-led-cree-xm-l2-flashlight-supfire/194194442.html#gw-2-3|ff80808146370570014670315d884208

Good Day Tom E,

That flashlight looks like it is just what I am after (to replace my failed zoomie).

But unfortunately DHgate doesn't take PayPal...

Thank You Very Much,

Best Regards,

George

Light Junkie has created a “Master” discussion thread about the Zeusray:

Please everybody post there instead of here (and four other places) for the sake of simplicity!

I know this thread was directed elsewhere. But does anyone know what this means?

“Dear friend, Thank you for your message, Sorry to tell you that we don’t get any picture from that and if the flashlight can still work you can keep on using,but if you insist on it,we will find the other solution to solve this issue, Have a nice day!”

My message to the seller was “I want the flashlight I paid for. The one that was described.”

You are asking about email from a different seller, about a different light.
Please, please —- start a new thread for that.

Be explicit, include the email header/source/seller/link. Identify who you’re talking about.

But not here.

And, also not here:

If you’re posting about the ZeusRay:

Ok. No problem. I probably won’t create a new thread because I don’t consider my post sufficient enough for a new thread.

Uh, I forgot to say ‘Please’

So: Please, start a new thread — any budget light (or cheap light that might be good and so qualify as ‘budget’) is interesting.
You got one, or thought you had one, or got fooled about one, or — something. We wanta know. I’m sure I speak for myself at least.

Still a fantastic review. And now I am ordering a few of these. Too good to pass up I'd say. TY for the review.

Thank you for the encouragement!

Legolas: How did you read the amps?

I can only get 1.7 amps MAX at the tail cap on any battery I try.

And yes, I'm using 12 gauge wires to read with.

I use a cheapo Innova meter I got on Amazon, with leads made using speaker wire, I believe they are 14 gauge. I used an Efest 35A IMR18650 to measure the current, which is (in my understanding) the best high drain 18650 readily available. (I hear the Sony VT18650C5 is marginally better, but with all the fakes floating around, RMM has stopped selling them for the moment, and I don’t have any)
I suppose you could have gotten a lemon, what batteries did you use? The Zeusray I got is direct drive on high, so that could make a difference…

Did you read across the tailcap or at the emitter?

I read across the tailcap. Used a new Panny NCR18650BD. Can only do 1.7 amps on high.

I measured at the tail cap as well, I was feeling too lazy to bust out the soldering iron to de solder a lead

Are all of the now shipping XML-2's Direct Drive? Or was it just the earlier version that was direct drive?

Guess I'll tear it down and see what's up when I have time.

ETA: Well now, something is up with the driver in this sample. Flickers dimly then goes out. I did a bypass with the switch and switch is good.

Driver gone south. I was to review this one also. Guess I'll let them know its a DOA.

Beamshot in zoom mode seems so faint compared to C8.

Yeah, it is, but XM-L(2) zoomies are like that unless they have a massive lens. Both shots were taken in manual mode with exactly the same settings. There is just a lot of lumens loss when you pull the lens that far away from the emitter. Also, the C8 is one of the throwier XM-L(2) ones out there, clocking in at 33-36 kcd for most people.