[Review] Skilhunt H150 519A – Dual-Fuel Excellence

Skilhunt H150 519A Review – Dual-Fuel Excellence

3 Thanks

Wow, that was quick! Great review, thank you very much!

Mine should arrive tomorrow, I hope that I can sleep tonight. :rofl:

Nice review, thanks!

Glad the regulation looks good, as it should do at this price level.

Yes it’s more expensive than other 14500 sized lights… but perhaps we should all be focusing on quality rather than quantity of lights…?

1 Thank

The package reads “ESKT3”. I guess that’s part of Skilhunts confusion strategy.

Nice review, thank you!

1 Thank

Can you take a resistance measurement between the reverse-polarity-protection nub on the driver and ground? You may need to attach a wire to the end of a multimeter probe to reach it.

If it was connected to GND it would defeat its purpose, we can see a good clearance between the GND pour and RPP button on the picture down the tube.

I have a good reason for asking. Until I get a couple people to test it, I don’t want to elaborate.

Just measured it, it’s a short to GND.

2 Thanks

:man_facepalming:

Edit : now waiting for a discounted price for this noRPP batch :grinning:

It’s not just no RPP. A flat-top can make contact with the nub.

Spicy :boom:

thanks for sharing that discovery… too bad… the design will SHORT CIRCUIT with Flat Top Batteries

I expect we will be hearing more about that from people that install flat tops instead of following the instructions to use Button Tops:

" H150 supports every chemistry of AA-size battery I can think of; Alkaline, NiMH, Li-ion, Lithium primary, etc. As long as they are a button top. There’s physical reverse polarity protection so no flat tops here."

thanks for sharing that discovery… too bad… the design will SHORT CIRCUIT with Flat Top Batteries

I expect we will be hearing more about that from people that install flat tops instead of following the instructions to use Button Tops.

Apparently zak already tried an H10 Flat Top… :boom:
thanks for the warning!

There are instructions?

I just read the manual and I don’t see anything about flat or button tops, though it does recommend “excellent discharge performance”, something the melted spring in my tailcap can attest that the H10 has.

jon_sliider is quoting tactical_grizzly’s review, not the manual, but it doesn’t matter. The potential for a short circuit here is a severe safety hazard, and it means the RPP doesn’t work (a cell inserted backwards is a guaranteed short).

1 Thank

and a short with very low resistance path, at least when there is no RPP there is a chance that the driver’s components burn and act as a fuse, preventing the cell from a thermal runaway.

I emailed Skilhunt about the safety issue and they are going to recall H150. They’re going to replace mine, and presumably anyone else who got a faulty one. I’m satisfied with this outcome.

3 Thanks

Good decision! But only two weeks? That sounds like they already knew and have started the production of a fixed batch. Otherwise that would be a pretty awesome production speed.

For anyone who has an H150 and hasn’t received a recall notice, email service@skilhunt.com for return instructions.

I’m interested to see what the fix looks like. An insulation disc on the bottom of the driver wouldn’t take very long to produce, for example.

1 Thank