“REVIEW”: Skilhunt M150 – 1 x 14500 / AA – 750 Lumens – Double UI – Magnetic Charging [PIC HEAVY] (Beamshots added = Post#21)

So, today I am adding some (delayed) beamshots, showing how the Skilhunt M150 behaves outdoor and indoor too!

I opted to show mostly the different levels (from the lowest level to the highest) instead of showing the 5 preset levels on the group mode 2.

I also compared it with some of my other AA/14500 flashlights.
I only used 14500 cells in these beamshots. With AA alkalines or Ni-MH rechargeable cells, the outputs will be different, namely giving lower distance range on the higher output levels.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

First the evolution through the 8 levels: indoor vs outdoor!!

Tint Comparison:
Left to Right
Wuben E05 (Luxeon V) > Sofirn SP10A (XP-G2) > Skilhunt M150 (XP-L) > Manker E11 (XP-L) > Lumintop Tool AA V2.0 (XP-L)

Wuben E05 > Skilhunt M150 > Lumintop Tool AA V2.0 /////// Sofirn SP10A > Skilhunt M150 > Manker E11

Skilhunt M150 vs Wuben E05 > Manker E11 > Lumintop Tool AA V2.0 > Sofirn SP10A

And some beauty photos! And others :smiley:

Thanx for lot of pics!

The light itself is great, the UI is acceptable, but the tint….is uglyyyy.

Yup, specially if you compare it to this one :wink:

Thats nice!

I bought few XPLs and XML2s in 3000K and itstalled them in some of my lights. And immediately became the big fan of the warm tint. So the cold white tint of the M150 is like nightmare to me… :person_facepalming: :smiley:

So, after some delay, I finally got to mod the Skilhunt M150.
I took out the Cool White XP-L HD emitter and put a Luxeon V2 5000K bought a while ago from Led4Power.

You’ll see the difference below :open_mouth: :heart_eyes:

BTW, I also measured the PCB. I was a bit disappointed, as I thought it was thicker. NO! Also, it didn’t have any kind of thermal paste below! Ok that this is not a hot rod, but still, it should have some. So, so besides replacing the LED, I also put some thermal paste!

BEFORE [XP-L HD Cool White] >>>> AFTER Luxeon V2 5000K

Comparisons with Luxeon V 4000K (under a TIR, on the right)

Luxeon V2 5000K vs Luxeon V 4000K (with SMO reflector)

CONCLUSIONs:

This is my first light with a Luxeon V2 5000K!
And I love it! :heart_eyes:
And it is so much better than a CW LED in this flashlight!
And if it is not completely perfect, it is much more pleasant than a XP-L HD CW emitter!

Skilhunt, if you are reading this, please consider offering this light with Neutral White emitter!!!
The lumens may be lower, but it will be much better and more pleasant!!!
Also, altough I am getting used to this UI, consider the suggestions given in the Poll you organized! :wink:

BTW, the mod is not difficult! You just need to reflow an LED on the PCB so that it works well and solder it again! :+1:

Thank you for a very elaborate review.
There is one remaining question. IMHO bezels are made to protect and serve.
That nice blue bezel, is it made of (stainless?) steel, or just colored aluminum.

Thank you Henk4U2 !!
Well, I cannot answer that clearly due to my lack of knowledge , but I will try give the tips to ascertain that:

- it is lightweight (well, it is thin, and has a hole, so… :stuck_out_tongue: )

- it is not magnetic

- if it is “painted” it doesn’t scratch easily (meaning, it is not easy to make it look “bare metal”)

• in the interior part of the bezel, where it sits on the head, it also has a purplish look, like if it was heat treated

From these specificities, can we draw a conclusion?
I really don’t know if it is SS or ALU; but if SS is not magnetic, I would say this is SS bezel, maybe…

According Skilhunt its a PVD coated SS bezel ( Physical Vapour Deposition )

Thank you guys!! While my wallet softly weeps.

I asked because unlike a lot of people people believe:

- SS is not always magnetic

• SS does not always have to be “shiny”.

Well, I’m not lying if I say that I don’t know what’s that, but it surely looks a fancy thing to be done! :smiley:

And it actually looks great on the bezel :wink: It’s a classy touch !!!

Thanks for the clarification Henk4U2!
That was what I thought but couldn’t be 100% sure, so thanks!!

As I mentioned in the “What did you mod today thread” I started using this light yesterday after the led replacement!
After having it on the “coin pocket” in my shorts for almost 6hours, it suddenly turned ON in the pocket!
I didn’t lock the light as I wanted to perceive in what conditions I should carry it to prevent the activation! Despite my efforts it turned ON.

But, it took 6 hours and it had a Vicks inhaler and a knife at its side that may have done some pressure in some position I made sitting or standing.

The awkward thing was…I was in a meeting with my boss when I felt it warm in my pocket :smiley:

Embarrasing :stuck_out_tongue: Well now I will carry it locked or with the tailcap slightly twisted !!