Review: Small Sun ZY-T08 from DX

I checked on my Equus 3320 and I don't have that ability. Looked through the manual and zip. "Most" DMMs have the ability or some have the ability? Any inexpensive DMMs that have it?

Most of scaru's probably. Most of mine, in fact all of my MM/DMM dont have frequency function. Am I too cheap?

I think reality is that most inexpensive DMM do NOT have Hz ability in them. I’m sure Flukes do as well as many others that are considered high-end DMMs. If anyone knows a budget model that does I’d love to know so I can get one.

I bought my Equus thinking I was getting a great deal on a good DMM. I decided to check HF and found that the normal 7 function DMMs I'm used to see and have owned don't have it but 11+ function DMMs do. Looks like I have to get the one they have for $20 so I can measure Hz. Sure would be sweet to have.

Mine was a fairly cheap Ideal brand one and it can measure both hz and duty cycle. It's nice because I can tell both the PWM and what percentage of full it is running at. :D

That’d be nice to have. You have a link to it? Not looking forward to getting one form HF but I would just for measuring Hz as long as it works. :bigsmile:

I think of my craftsman meters does. I have two, paid $12 and$25 (normally $30 and $50). The cheaper one does not.
Unfortunately I can’t be more specific because they’re still out in the barn in a bin (moving sucks).
Very similar to this (which does say it has frequency)
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-digital-multimeter-with-auto-ranging-11-function/p-03482334000P?prdNo=3&blockNo=3&blockType=G3

Many UNI-T DMMs have Hz / duty% measuring, like this http://dx.com/p/ut136a-1-9-lcd-digital-multimeter-red-iron-gray-1-x-9v-6e22-battery-113304

As you all may know, I like this light so much that I bought 2. For the money, it’s the best kept secret in XM-L throwers.

Here’s a few shots.

445yds manual exposure 1.4 sec shutter

Same shot but more zoomed in.

120yds manual exposure 1.4 sec

100yds manual exposure 1.4 sec shutter

60yds manual exposure 1.4 sec

Mine is the Ideal 61-340. I paid something like 30 dollars for it at Lowes.

Love the throw+lumens/price ratio! Thanks for the review.

And nice review Johnny.

I hope you don’t mind me posting the pictures. I figured some may like to see them, and I aready had them from awhile back. This is the best $26 light I have for the money. That’s why I had to have 2.

I see it for $60! You get it on a Black Friday sale or what!

-Garry

No problem at all. Glad to have them since I don’t have an easy place to take outdoor shots here. :slight_smile:

Not at any sale afaik. It was on the shelf, I picked it up and then checked out. I guess I got a really good deal. :D

I may take some more tonite on 1.2 sec shutter. But those are pretty dang close to what you see in person.

Great review, thanks Johnny! I agree with our assessment to the T. Plastic reflector be damned, this puppy can throw. I think the HD2010 just barely edges it out, but for all practical purposes they are both great budget lights. Looking forward to your comparison shots.

Another great review Johnny!!!

Not really relevant, but is the Equus you have accurate? I’m looking to have accurate multimeter for measuring amps.

It’s very accurate and a good quality DMM. It just doesn’t have the ability to measure Hz. Up till today I thought it was great.

These are all manual exposure 1.2 sec shutter f/4 ISO 400.

100yds

110yds

445yds