[review] Sofirn D25L high-CRI headlamp, nice revision!

Once it reaches highest level release button. Quickly press again and it reverses. Just confirmed this with my D25S.

Not mine .
Edit: I got it to do it. I was pushing it to fast.

[quote=Sofirn]
We’ll have the headlamp with white and red leds in the future.

Nice!
Good to know you are reading and participating in this thread
Thanks for hearing the BLF
Wouldn’t want to bother but since you are already here how about a coupon code for this light ?

if you own a 3d printer you can print your own holder for 2 straps, there are stl files available, made by gchart, [Review] 77 Outdoors D25 Headlamp (18650) i designed some holders too, but for 1 strap, but a wider one, 35-40mm, i actually printed my own holders for all my headlamps to be used with wider straps, they hold better, never felt the need for a second strap with wide straps

I still much much prefer the kind like is on my Boruit RJ02, ie, the one with the 2 rubber loops. No chance they’ll break off, easy to adjust up/down, self-adjusting as far as how much “grab” they have, etc.

The ones with the prongs, if they “stretch” out of place, they stop grabbing, and you’ll end up with puddle-illuminators instead. Worse, if even 1 prong breaks off, that’s pretty much it for the holder.

And one wrong bump, and the light can go flying off the holder. (Ask me how I know.)

The rubber ones pretty much last forever no matter how much abuse they take.

Thank you for the review, after doing some research, I am going to pick up one of these for my girlfriend for our next camping trip. I plan on ordering a Sofirn BLF LT1 as well for the campsite, so I’ll throw this in the cart too while I’m at it. Are there any coupon codes for the forum members?

Please make this headlamp w/ 3 reflectors, instead of 2 - 1 white high CRI, 1 red 660, 1 UV 365.

Great write up Lightbringer. I love these Sofirn headlights. You can toss them in a backpack and not worry that the USB port fills up with floatsum from your pack. They’re too heavy for a runner, but for normal people out for a walkabout, the single strap/heavy light works fine. The origonal D25 might be the best price to quality ration stuff out there for any headlamps. Sofirn makes good stuff.

Sofirn has the D25S on sale with battery for an insane $13.99/ea right now. Looks like it’s 1 per customer and $3,99 shipping. Still a fantastic deal. https://www.sofirnlight.com/products/ship-from-usa-d25s-powerful-1200-lumens-rechargeable-headlamp-dual-sst40-led-with-18650-battery”:https://www.sofirnlight.com/products/ship-from-usa-d25s-powerful-1200-lumens-rechargeable-headlamp-dual-sst40-led-with-18650-battery

Good choice, as I really like the beam from the ’351s.

Dunno about any codes on Amazon, though, unless you ask Sofirn. There are a few deal threads here…

So… basically stick a WK30 on a headband? :laughing:

EXACTLY! wk30 is in the mail lol. maybe i’ll duct tape it to my hat.

that is all true, i design my holders with plenty of strength reserve, i even test them by braking them and stepping on them, after that thread i went thru prbly dosens of modifications, so no prongs brake off easy, still possible to brake them just a lot harder, almost no chance for it to fail during regular use, i did rip 2 ZL silicone holders thou, while putting lights in them, the gitd ones, they seem to be less stretchy and rip easy compared to black ones.
the advantage of having light firmly on my head without it wobbling while walking, running…… and ability to remove the light from the holder in 1 second, worth the risk, imo, i always have spare holders, just in case. i also use abs only for printing them, temp resistant unlike pla, and more durable than pla.

as far as flying off, some oem holders for d10-25 do that, old type was much better, new ones do not hold as firm, i did mod them at first, heat up the “claws” and bent them in a bit, solves the lose grab problem,

Sounds good, I’ll check out the deal threads here, else, it seems my best bet is Sofirn’s eBay store for the LT1 and Amazon for the D25L at the moment

I just bought 4 D25S lamps for $55.96. No shipping cost. This is on new sofirn site. Yesterday it would not let me buy more than 2 with $3.99 shipping. Christmas shopping early.

Thanks for the tip decreasing the brightness. Couldn’t figure it out on my own since I was too used to Anduril and was also clicking too fast.

Thoughts between the 4000K and 5000K versions?

This is sooo tempting. Headlamps are the lights I use most often and high CRI would be nice, and perhaps 4000K might be easier on the eyes when working on something for a long time. Or the 5000K might offer extra “brightness”. hmm…

Unfortunately, the D25L is not available on AliExpress, nor on Amazon.ca, and on Amazon.com lucky Canadians get to pay an extra $8.88 USD fee. Seems the $18 USD + unknown shipping on sofirn’s store is the only sensible choice right now.

Yep, I need that light in the AliExpress-Store as well, ~10$ Shipping to germany breaks the deal.

I already have this style of light but with two XM-L2 in it - they produce a slight donut, is that the case here, as well?

Edit: Nevermind, just bought it on Sofirns own website for 20$ including battery and shipping.

Don’t forget that AE include in the final price VAT as additional taxes from the beginning of July. There are new regulations. So if you order from Sofirnlight website when your package is received in Germany you will need to pay VAT+taxes for custom clearance to Deutsche post.

Different strokes for different folks, as we used to say back in the ’60s…… NOT having an over-the-head band is what I very much like about these lights. I have a couple of D10’s with LH351D’s @ 4000 K as well as a D25L as reviewed.

You really gotta try ’em for yourself, but for me, 4500K to 4000K is so nice. It’s warm without being overly yellow, things still look pretty normal without being explicitly yellow-tinged, etc.

I got quite a few lights in that range, and they’re soooooooo nice.