Review SolarStorm SP03 3x XM-L2 U2 from SoonDeals beamshots on page 85 and 86

They are the OEM behind all of these: http://www.solarstorm.hk/

Most lights out of HK worth cloning were started by them.

manxbuggy1: In comparsion with tk75, how can you describe throw on sp03 in ‘%’?
May be you can upload comparsion video?

manxbuggy1: In comparsion with tk75, how can you describe throw on sp03 in ‘%’?
May be you can upload comparsion video?

Have not had a chance to do any beam shots yet but it will fall a little short of the TK75. We took our big triples and one quad out Friday night for a bit to play. WE took the Tk75, SP03, Terminator and modded Shocker out. The TK75 had the widest spill followed by the SP03 , Terminator and Shocker in that order. In throw the Shocker killed them all followed by the TK75, SP03 and Terminator in that order. I am pretty impressed with the SP03. It falls just behind the TK75 in both catagories. It is smaller also. It is right in between the SRK and TK75 in size. I think is is well worth the money.

Ordered the Fandyfire version from DX, looks to have the same specs as the blackshadow/ solarstorm.
Will report back on what i find, i have a DRY to compare it with.

Verrry Intersting

I have the fandyfire versions of three of them UV-S5 (SRK), SP02 and an L1 with an L2 head. The body is the same as the L1 and the head is the same as the L2 (5 emitter) I just got the “Fandyfire L1” (which is what is says on the head) to review for lightcastles. Spoiler alert. It’s not driven any harder than the UV-S5 but the beam is nicer. The SP02 stock outthrows the Smallsun ZY-T13 or ZY-T08.

I’m waiting to put a few more hours on the Fandyfire L1 before I review it because of the “Fry ray” debacle. I don’t see any reason why the driver should have a problem though. It’s not overdriven and the heatsinking is excellent. Really nice light especially in shorty mode.

What I’m waiting for now is a mod for the SP03 has anyone taken the driver out yet?

double post

Hi manxbuggy1 thanks for the information, I am highly interested in this SP03 probably I will buy it from my next month salary. Can you post a photo of SP03 side by side with a SRK for size comparison?

bibihang, post #9 && #10, man).

link to the KD driver please?

Yes, any info for driver mod?

As lefedor said 18sixfifty did this in posts 9&10 but I will throw a couple of more multi emitter lights in the mix. Here is a pic of all of mine and my brothers multi emitter lights for further size comparison. L to R is SRK, Terminator, SP03, TK75 & BTU. We didn’t have the Kung with us but it looks pretty much like the King from the side.

As you can see I also took that silly handle off of mine. It looks much better IMO. A word of caution though, if you do take the handle off keep a firm grip on it. This is one head heavy little sucker! I have gotten used to it though and much prefer it this way.

Ahh, that it is. Sorry didn’t notice that one.

http://www.kaidomain.com/product/Details.S020167#

Not sure if can be used in 3 led scenarios.

You would have to mod the battery carrier and it wouldn’t work with the side switch. I have that driver and I’m not using it right now.

JohnnyMac, estimations on review?
My light will arrive in 3-4 days, it would be great to read review before).

Unfortunately it wont be for another week at least. I have a stack of lights to review and this one is still around 4th in line at the moment.

How is PWM on the lower modes? Or is it current controlled?

Arrived. Isn’t positive battery driver’s plate a joke? Unpolished notebook’s baterry cells can kill it in few times.
Have 1h:30m on average sanyo 2600 in high mode until red blinks.
Will go test this guy…

Some questions…

1) What are the final lux numbers on this light?

2) How is the UI? How does the button feel?

3) Does it have mode memory?