Review SolarStorm SP03 3x XM-L2 U2 from SoonDeals beamshots on page 85 and 86

Kind’a pricey to me. Thanks for the review anyway.

1. Review SolarStorm SP03 3x XM-L2 U2 from SoonDeals beamshots on page 85 and 86

2) The UI is a simple cyclical UI. Low/Med/High/Off/Repeat... Long press for strobe then click for off.

Switch has fantastic feel!

3) No mode memory. Always starts in low.

Hi Johnny, so how is the PWM in med and low mode or are they current regulated just like BTU driver?

Isn’t this the same body dimensions as the new 7xLED monster light?

Received yesterday and I love it!
Isn’t annoying for you the illuminated button switch? I mean, this green light is like a second flashlight:-)

Moster light

DEPTH 90 mm
HEIGHT 195 mm
WIDTH 108 mm
PRODUCT WEIGHT 1266 g

This one.

Dimensions: 85mm (HD) × 155mm (L) × 114mm (TD)

So the head is close to the same but it’s shorter.

Yeah I’m still not used to it yet.

+1

Button feels GOOD!

I had DUST under glass and fingerprint on it. After unscrewing top “silver” (easy, just find wooden board, like thin enough side of table) nut i’ve found front glass is a bit cracked on side and able to clean lenses with paper. But reflector is really scratchy even for soft toilet paper. So i have now with no dust, but scratched reflector now (. Reflector seems like glued to flashlight, was not able to take it out.
On lumens I can tell that it’s ballanced OK in terms of lumens vs heat. If it comes any brighter it will become really hot i guess and it still throws! - so lower lumens = lower ampers = longer battery life. It still gives brighter hotspot than hotspot of terminator 4xU3.

So still, main and only problem to resolve in near future is thin and weak positive driver’s terminal.

I’m thinking about welding spacer from building store to driver’s positive terminal. Not copper, but something at least.

For future reference, never try to wipe the reflector with a tissue or cloth. Almost all of them will get scratched. Instead use warm soapy water and gently try to clean it off with the water. Then rinse and dry well. If you can’t get the reflector out then just don’t clean it, unless you can live with a scratched up reflector that is.

Yup, general rule for cleaning a reflector. Avoid toughing the reflector surface with anything but soap and water. The coating is so delicate almost anything will leave scratches. Rinse thoroughly. Use compressed air to get water drops off the surface before they dry and leave spots.

Does it require a special tool to take off the handle?

it depends how special for you 3mm hex bit tool or t15 “torx”.

Btw, I like handle. If it’s length bothers You, You can always cut it a bit, not a problem.

I took my handle off. I like it better that way.

Still no beamshots? What gives??

Somebody besides me has GOTTA have the urge to see those shots!

I have zero luck doing outside beamshots.

something is better than nothing 18sixfifty!

You haven’t seen my attempts. :~ In them you can’t tell the difference between a C8 and a BTU shocker. Seriously I simply don’t know how to do it with the camera I have. It’s a canon eos rebel xt. If you have tips on how to get beamshots with it I’ll give it a try.