Review SolarStorm SP03 3x XM-L2 U2 from SoonDeals beamshots on page 85 and 86

There is a FandyFire and a Solarstorm version on FT. Slightly different in specs, I’ve never fully trusted in Chinese specs, though. Any confirmed difference between these two?

I asked BIGWOOD to give us the down-low when he gets his Fandyfire version from DX. Says he hasn’t gotten it yet (and with DX, that is no surprise!) They should perform about the same, I’m guessing.

I think its merely a re-brand and everything is basically the same. Many of these Chinese branded flashlights come from the same OEM factory.

It is not as bright as the TK75 nor does it throw quite as well but it costs $78 shipped as opposed to over double that for the TK75. In my opinion for someone who wants a TK75 but can’t justify the price a SP03 will make you very happy. I like mine a lot. It has great throw as well as a very wide spill. It has a wider spill and better throw than my brothers U3 terminator and that is no slouch.

dude, I was wondering the same thing. A person can potentially buy TWO SRK or Warriors for the price of the beautiful and throwy SP03… I have a warrior in my cart now :confused: and still can’t figure out where to throw the money.

Got the fandyfire sp03 from DX. Arrived in well protected cardboard box. Quality is good, square threads, well lubricated, lanyard and spare O ring, all good so far.
I like the handle, the side button is easy to operate with my thumb, feels solid, no rattling batterys.
I like the throw of this, i had a XTAR S1 but sold it, and i can definatly say the SP03 throws further than the S1, not as much spill as the S1 but a better thrower.
Really like the size and shape of this light, good run time and does not get hot at all, so will be keeping this for a while, and possibly a driver mod later on if any one comes up with one.

Heh, funny you said that just like that :slight_smile:

I just bought a SRKung XML2 ver plus a Warrior while I were thinking of gettin a SP03. And if more friends praise SP03, maybe I can also get one of those too next month. Maybe they’ll come up with a newer version anyway then.

You made my night! But the wait will not be harder! :~

Haha, yeh the waiting will be worth it

I’ll still stand by that statement my friend. For under $90, this light is a lot better value than a TK75. It’s just a little weaker for intensity than the TK75 but not by much. The SP03 only has 3 modes. But on high it’s still alll the light a person would ever need.

I took my handle off. That’s the first thing I would do.

Yes! He’s still out there! :slight_smile:

I have four 3400 Panasonic Unprotected cells set aside for this light. I also have other Tenergys and Sanyos. Any particular recommendations on batteries? Is it picky on cells?

Done some beamshots of my THRUNITE TN31 versus the FANDYFIRE SP03, not the best as i used my samsung galaxy s4. The SP03 obviously has more spill.

Nice.

Nice shots. How do you interpret the difference between the lights apart from the spill? Cheers.

Well the SP03 has a much more floody beam than the TN31 which is a pure thrower, first time i have put any beam shots up on BLF and will edit pictures with there own title. Cheers.

My SolarStorm SP03 arrived today from Fasttech. Did a quick ceiling bounce comparison with my 2900 lumens TK75 and the beam shapes are very similar with almost identical size hot spots. The TK75 beam is a bit brighter but not by much. Impressive considering the difference in prices. I wish that Black Shadow would do a version of this with the heavy and thick metal battery plate in the head for added potential durability like they have in the Terminator and the Darth.