Review: SysMax/NiteCore Intellicharger i4 V2 Charger

Is this charger any good for IMR batteries?

Yes.

I spray into the WD40 plastic lid then dip the Q-tip in … Much easier … If you have a small screw-top glass container , you can keep some of the WD40 for future use … Remember to wipe the inside of the WD40 lid with toilet paper (or a tissue) afterwards , ’cos it will dribble down the can if you don’t.

Either you have a good charger, or you have a bad DMM, because mine overcharges to 4.23V, for both my panasonic ncr18650a and TF flames

4.23 volt is not necessary overcharging, it is only overcharge if the chargers charge voltage is above 4.25 volt.

How about the King Kong INR’s? The raised top ones?

Does anyone know if they definitely don’t fit as per your review?

The INR26650 with button top do fit in the V2 charger, the button top is large enough for the battery to stay in the charger.

Thanks.

You the man

I finally bought one of these chargers.

Good! It's a great charger!

I love this charger. The only one that charges all my 26650’s to exacly 4.20v

Thanks.

I should have another one coming from Wallbuys if its truly the V2.

http://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10001638/1119502-nitecore-i4-v2-li-ion-ni-mh-ni-cd-smart-battery-ch

I got the I2 from this seller on Ebay for about 15$:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/290832746496?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Came 8 days after ordering - Very nice.

Now I only needs to take one charger with me when I travel.

I put dielectric tune up grease in the cradle slides(2 on each cradle) to make mine work properly. Brand new the cradles sliding smoothly was terrible on this charger. But the dielectric grease will let them slide smootly like it should.

After owning two i4 V2’s for a while and using one on a regular basis, say, once a week, I can add my 2c to this review:

These chargers are not good with AAA sized cells, its problematic to place cell into charger without having issues with + contact not hitting the sweet spot on the charger’s positive connection.
This will give us either battery that has been inserted into charger but not charging and not seen by charger, or as I discovered yesterday - apparently battery was not inserted “ideally” even tho charger saw it and started to charge it.
After couple of hours of charging I took a look at my Turnigy AAA 900mAh battery, now I know I should have paid attention sooner since the battery was to be only topped and not really charged from zero, but I was busy with othe things so when I touched the battery it was scorching hot, so hot I could barely hold it in my hands…
I took it to bathroom and left it in empty bath tub, didnt check voltage on it due to its heat and not willing to have battery expoding in my hands :smiley:
Either way, hour or two later I took my DMM to it and it showed 1.45V or 1.47V, dont remember how much(its now at 1.38V).

Second thing - springs dont generate friction big enough for AAA batteries occassionaly not to jump out of the charger when either removing some of the batteries and getting other batteries ejected if not doing it very carefully or getting batteries ejected when simply taking charger and placing it somewhere else, ie, moving it.

Also, at first days of owning i4 V2’s one of them charged couple of AA’s rather hot, this has not happened again tho, AA’s fit into this charger just fine so there shouldnt be any contact related issues during battery charging nor should they fall out or eject from charger the way AAA’s do once in a while.

Chargers with springs like in i4 V2 should not be moved around during charge process if you dont want your batteries to fall out, especially if you turn it upside down(whatever the reason might be for you to do so)…

My 2c.

I was wondering about the AAAs, you answered that for me.

Would you call this perfectly adequate for AAs, or merely OK for them?

I bought one of the 2-port versions of this charger from aimkon on e bay and it is awesome. Nice consistent charge on all cells so far.

Me? I would say that its fine for AA’s, except that its not the fastest one around, other than that I cant complain, its supposedly quality charger with good working characteristics, perhaps I was bit unlucky the day before yesterday when my AAA was overcharged, but you must be careful with this charger when charging AAA batteries, thats the only major drawback.

I might use AA adapters for my AAA’s next time Im charging them, this way there will be almost no wiggle and no room for batteries to go left/right or up/down in charger and will not lose contact on neither positive nor negative end’s.

Do I regret buying it? Umm, after my AAA incident I am a bit cautious about it and it doesnt seem to be that stellar of a deal anymore even tho I got them for real cheap from DinoDirect and technically didnt pay with my money at that time (it cost less than 18$ per piece shipped+I paid with gift card acquired from their customer service due to previously faulty orders from them).

My 4 x AAA was quite badly overcharged too. I placed in 4 GP 900mAh Green AAA to charge. Seeing that the LEDs started to blink normally as in charging state. I left it alone. Only to find that it was still charging after 3 hours. The final LED refused to stay light on and kept blinking. I touched the cells and found that they were too hot to touch. 1 of the batteries had expanded and the sticker came off. I placed the cells into a container and placed them into a fridge. Measuring the voltage after it cooled down. it charged to 1.54V!!

All other batteries worked perfectly. AA have a tendency to get too hot also. Beware…