Review: SysMax/NiteCore Intellicharger i4 V2 Charger

Same here. Recommended!

Thanks, that was more good info.

How can you tell the v1from the v2?

The v2 has yellow sticker/label on back. There's a post showing pics of both side by side somewhere.

-Garry

Thanks Gary

http://lygte-info.dk/review/Difference%20between%20Sysmax%20charger%20V1%20and%20V2%20UK.html

Yep! That's the link I was thinking showing the differences.

-Garry

Im happy with my $5 ebay charger. It has cut off too. Cells dont even get WARM. It stays very cool after getting charged. Granted it can take about 10 hours to charge my completely depleted eneloops but they stay cool all the time. Been regularly charging my eneloops about twice a week on them for about 4-5 months and so far NO ISSUES WHATSOEVER.

same thing here … i think that i4 is bad charger ! … why By the manual the right way to charge aaa (or 10440) is to put two of them at the same time, because 375 mA current then. I put two out of the box tenergy centura aaa in slot 1 and 3. They were quite empty at the start. After some time i check the batteries and they were slightly warm. But, after that the cell in slot 3 was charged sooner than the one in slot 1 and quickly after the first cell was too hot to hold in hand. I assume that charger passed full 750 mA to slot 1 after second battery was charged.

Charging two 18650 is perfect, cut off is always on 4.21 V , but generally … I’m disappointed.

… there are 4 slots but charging current is too low for charging four 18650 cells at the same time, charging nimh aaa is disaster. Don’t know how it’s with AA.

Same for me +1

Eneloop AAA can be fast-charged with 800mA with no harm done:

http://www.eneloop.info/fileadmin/web_data/Data-Sheets/HR-4UTGB.pdf

I charged 2 AA’s in ports 1and2. There was no heat charging was well under an hour. I did notice one port was done a bit faster that the other. I just figure that that cell was more discharged than the other.

What i dont like about this charger, is that it takes 11 horus to fully charge 4 batteries. Thats a long waite to get to use the batteries again.
Another thing, if i did not misunderstand what tricklecharge is, is that this charger does not have it. You cant leave the batteries in the charger and keep it charged. I did not get if this charger turns off or keep charging when the battery is full, but i hope it turns off. Or else we could have a problem leaving the batteries in the charger without keeping an eye on it.

Great review and test by the way! :smiley: It really helps us newbies choosing the right charger for us :smiley:

i received my 2nd copy of i4 v2 and did sufficient testing. i am impressed and amazed by how well these chargers work. with my 108$ dmm i measured that the charger terminates:

copy a (DD):

18650, 14500 -> between 4.194 .. 4.200V

HQ-10440 -> 4.196V (grey Ultrafire protected)

LQ-10440 -> 4.150V (blue Ultrafire unprotected)

Eneloop AA, Eneloop AAA -> ~1.4645 .. 1.4687V, i.e. in the upper half between 1.4600 and 1.4700V

copy b (FT):

18650, 14500 -> between 4.203 .. 4.211V

HQ-10440 (grey Ultrafire protected) -> 4.201V

LQ-10440 (blue Ultrafire unprotected) -> 4.169V

Eneloop AA, Eneloop AAA -> ~1.4710 .. 1.4735V, i.e. in the middle between 1.4700 and 1.4750V

None of the slots do overcharging after repeated re-insertions (except for Eneloops), all slots recognize 4.200V+ cells instantly as full. Full Eneloops are recognized as full too, but it takes a couple of seconds for the recognition. During the recognition period of several seconds the i4 would, naturally, pump in added charge. This way it is possible to intentionally overcharge Eneloops, say up to 1.5300V, by reinserting a full Eneloop cell over and over again.

With Liion's this aint possible because each slot would recognize a full liion cell as full right away and the charging would stop.

I also enjoy charging 10440's with the i4. One half depleted Eneloop AA or 18650 in slot#1, and one empty 10440 in slot#3. After a short 45-55mins the 10440 is fully charged, what a satisfactory feeling!!

All i can say is, these are beautifully performing chargers!!

I love both mine.

The 2nd one I got from Wallbuys for $12.

I'm gonna call BS on this one, both my I4 and my I2 do not have serial numbers imprinted on the back. I bought both of them from what I consider to be fairly reputable dealers. (BugoutgerUSA and HKE)

I received a i2 (the 2 bay version) from manafont and it has serial number in the back and in the box (and they do match)

I think that is true, no serial number = fake

I have the Sysmax/Nitecore Intellicharger i4 and yes, this one has a number on the unit and on the box.
Can’t remember where it came from.

I bought it from DinoDirect during the August 2012 BLF group buy.

The number is 13 digits, very small and is also on a barcode on a silver sticker on the box base. The sticker has a spelling error - “Nitecore Intellicharge i4”.

Mines the same: box’s serial number matches imprint on rear of charger’s housing for an I2

Without casing imprint could be 1) old stock (old protocol) or 2) counterfeit (would counterfeiter go through the trouble of matching numbers?)

EDIT: 3) maybe authentic but produced for the “discount” market (sorta’ like “gray goods”?)