Review: SysMax/NiteCore Intellicharger i4 V2 Charger

The two Intellicharger i4 v2 that I received from Wallbuys during their 50% off promotion does have serial numbers on the back that matches the serial number stickers on the box.

Yes, as flash.light said… perhaps the firsts versions (batches) didn´t had serial.

Still we dont have the correct “answer” to the problem…

I bought both of my i4 V2 from DD group buy, both of them have serial numbers on chargers and they are the same as those on barcode of packaging.

Well, AFAIK i4 charge AAs at 700mA, enough to charge an empty AAA in ~1:15. But that charger doesn’t have temp control, neither -dV termination. I wouldn’t recommend it for AAAs or old batts. A 1.5V cut-off works great with relatively new LSD batts (i.e. Eneloops)

I just received my charger purchased through Amazon from Bravo Tac and was concerned as it did not have a serial number on the box or the charger. I emailed Sysmax explaining my concern and this was their reply:

Hello Sir,

Thank you for your email. Exactly not all our charger has a serial number on it. Just the charger for China market has the number, in case there are some counterfeit existing.

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Service Center

SYSMAX Industry Co., Ltd.
Add: Rm1407-08, Glorious Tower, 850 East Dongfeng Road, Guangzhou, Guangdong 510600 China
Tel: +86 20 8386 2000
Fax: +86 20 8388 2723
Web: www.nitecore.com ;

2013-03-18*

Hopefully this puts the issue to rest.

I did a small test with this charger tonight. I have noticed that when the third light starts blinking on this charger, it takes quite a while to finish charging the batteries before they are at full charge. I pulled the batteries off the charger as soon as the last light starts blinking. I tested the voltage of the batteries and found them at 4.15 volts. Not aot of charge left to go into the batteries if removed at this time. Cuts over an hour off the charging time for just .04 or .05 volts.

I Have read about charging bay 1,3 together and 2,4 together. Which brings up my question. I have 2 lights powered by 18650 3400 Panasonic protected. One takes a single battery the other takes 3 batteries. Does that mean it wouldnt be recommended to charge an odd number off batteries on this charger? I have only charged them once thus far and charged all 4 at once. But when they get charged a second time will not likely be all 4 at once or atleast they wont be drained to the same degree when they get put on the charger.

There is no problem charging a odd number of batteries, but they will not finish at the same time. The ones with the shared charging circuit will take nearly twice as long to charge.

Ok good. I am new to these batteries (18650 Panasonic 3400 protected) and decided to buy the best ones i could afford i just don’t wanna chance ruining my investment… thanks for quick reply.

I just own this charger for a while. when I charged four protected 18650 TF Flame 2400 mAH at once with different remaining voltage (some is 3.9x, some is 4.0x), at first the indicator progress is not the same but at the end it all terminate at the exact same moment. and if I keep it on the charger for 30mnt - 1 hour after full, it will reach 4.25v. I thought it just a momentary voltage, at the next day some went down a bit to 4.17-4.18, the other two just reached 4.13 and 4.15. that's weird, i never encounter this things with TF TR001 charger with the same cell (although 2 cell charged at a time) :D

I haven't tried with protected panasonic cell.

Is this normal?

It is a bit strange that all terminates at the same time.

When you remove the batteries from the charger, the voltage will drop for the next few hors, how much depends on a couple of factors like cell age and quality, but also on how the charger terminates the charge.

The TR001 is not a good charger to compare to, it never stops charging.

yes, the termination timing is the one that make me curious. whether something wring the charger or it’s just the cell. will update later on with different cell.
anyway when using TR001, all I did was predict the charging time and measure the voltage when it’s about to due…

Hi all,

Got a 12V power supply converted from unused PC power supply unit from a friend. I intend to use it to power both i2 & i4 chargers.

Would the charger behave/ charge differently in terms of charge current or charge termination with 12Vdc instead of wall Vac ?

i found out a NEW function in my NEW i4 v2.

good cells with tripped PCB (0.0000V->2.8V) are recognized as good, but bad cells with "real" 0.0xxxV (or dead PCB) are recognized as bad and the charger responds with a warning by 3 blinking LED's.

i am sure that my OLD i4 v2 did not respond like this. Inserting a "real" 0.0xxxV would cause no reaction by the charger and by this you'd know that something was off.

in any case, good or old i4, the charger is able to detect bad cells. thanks kreisl for sharing, you welcome. ;)

EDIT: I sometimes really like my own contribution to forum threads so here is another one :p

I was wondering at which voltage the LED's blink, on my latest i4 II sample with no serial number (fake?) the stats are:

Intellicore i4 v2 (fake?)
full LED's blinking voltage min voltage max
0 1 2.750V 3.596V
1 1 3.596V 4.143V
2 1 4.143V 4.20V
3 0 4.207V 4.217V

nyoj

Can anyone please tell me how to charge 3 batteries at same time? anything i should look for? spacing? what slots?

Thanks.

You can use any slots, one battery will finish before the other two.

To charge the two last batteries faster, you can remove the finished battery and move one of the two others to that slot.

I’ve had this charger for a couple months and I really like it.

Thanks!

I have a new intellcharger I4 and when it is plugged in without batteries , bay 1 is lit up with 3 lights and bay 2 is lit up with 2 lights is this normal or should I be contacting fast tech ? I do not see a serial number

Sounds faulty, what lights do you see after you insert batteries?