Review: Tank007 E09 3-mode 1x AAA/10440

Dear veer Sir, thanks for your interest in Tank007 products. As to your inquiry, ..(cut the crap kreisler!! haha)

Hi veer! i will ask Tank007 Co. to try to improve on the other issues (of V1, V2) as well. I dont think they can:

1. lengthen the body by 2.0mm (V3!)
  2. set the 3 tail bores (V2) further apart, better spaced (V3?, i dont think so)
  3. use a different material as insulating layer, e.g. epoxy (V3?, i dont think so)
  4. produce the same identical beam (hotspot size) in all production units ( ..i dont think so.. )
  5. produce a beautiful beam as seen with torches with deep reflectors (Brinyte PD03, Fenix LD01) ( ..impossible!.. )

#4 and #5 are imho too much to ask for. this involves higher manufacturing tolerances (reflector) and more time/efforts to 100.00% center the LED. Tank007 told me that the E09 is highly successful (bestselling nationwide, the Ch*nese love it, not just us BLF'ers), from which we can draw the conclusion that it's a mass-produced item (at least by now!); my serial number is now at 1120903** (V2), what a jump! Maybe the high volume/flow of sales is also the reason why DD (and MF) are already able to ship V2 and the colored versions (thanks ChibiM for the pointer!!). We dont need to look for V3, DD would have it already by then! ;)

Tank007 seems to be happy with #2, see dinoboy's post with the 3 colored E09's, so they wouldnt necessarily agree with my suggestion (but i will let them know anyway).

#3 isnt too bad. if they dont have epoxy or better quality glue, it's up to us to fix the insulation. on the Spanish forum (fran is the master there!) people still dont know about the trick how to fix "a died E09".

#1 might be the only improvement from V2 to V3.

I am going to send them a clear message now, on behalf of all BLF'ers who bought an early version of E09!!

This one is currently cheaper than Manafont. It comes with a battery, but no tin box.

http://www.dinodirect.com/flashlight-led-flashlight-power-flashlight-mini-flashlight-battery.html

$13.69

CNQG has the E09 for $13, with the tin.

how much is the diffuser? Why not have a nice bundle with light, battery, keyring, and diffuser ... in a nice metal box? I know it's already a hot seller, but. What do you think, $15 for all?

i've checked DD inventory. no matter which DD link you choose for the E09, the product is *not* gonna be shipped with a battery or the depicted wrist strap. everyone gets the same stuff: the tin box (with 1 or 2 o-rings and the keyring system) with *no* battery. it's kinda similar with Trustfire flames 14500's lol. several links (SKU's) for the same(?) product and you end up with same(!) product.

argh!, yesterday i had completed large review sections (cohesive useful informative text seasoned with logic and humor) which took me hours to compose and when i hit the submit button (incl CAPTCHA), the website returned an error wtf and also Firefox completely crashed. i did Ctrl+C, but when i restarted Firefox Ctrl+V produced zilch. Never had such a thing happening to me before. Maybe my review text was really too long. Or i had failed the math test CAPTCHA :grade:

One day i will have to restart my efforts on those review sections (Features/Value, Desing/Built Quality) *sigh*. Before that, I should be more motivated to gather material, collect data (runtime tests, scans) for the incoming Fenix LD01 which is without doubt the crown of 1xAAA flashlight mass production. It's an old product (dating back to L0D production) but continued and matured m*lf, nowadays current controlled (really no more PWM!) and with updated emitters.

i can give you good price on the Fenix just let me not again!, cut the crap kreisler geesh!!

I ordered mine from DD and it didn't come with ANY extra o-rings.... that sucks too, because I'll likely need them since this light is a twisty and on my keychain. I don't have any o-rings small enough to fit this light.

you could contact DD (chat, direct email, or open case) and "ask for some suggestion", they might be able to ship o-rings or provide recompense (partial refund, full replacement package lol, giftcard, ..). in addition you could contact Tank007 Co. (and ask for Selina :* ) for o-rings. if you got your recompense and still arent happy because you urgently need the o-rings themselves, then i could ship 2 of mine (but only if you can guarantee that your address is safe for Safe delivery). in return hehe i wouldnt charge anything lol but only ask you to vote for me at our next spring's election of BLF-member of the month :crown:

krrhh..

Lol, Thanks for the offer. I don't see anywhere on the DD tank 007 product page that says it includes o-rings, so its hard to complain about something that wasn't listed in the product description.

What's the best way of getting ahold of tank co?

believe me DD is not gonna give you hard time about it.

the packaging (tin box) is incomplete without o-rings, you can ask Tank007 Co.

please mailto: "Selina" <sales-1@tank007.com>

Also ask when V3 will be available, thanks.

Mine from CNQC didn't have O rings either. Maybe only some resellers order them with the lights?

I contacted tank007 ,

Here's what they said.

I also contacted dinodirect

Here's what they said.

[quote]

Please wait for a site operator to respond.In some occasions, our operators are chatting with 8 to 10 customers at the same time. You may have to wait half a minute for a reply.Thanks for your patience.
You are now chatting with 'Sharon_'
aoyue2702 18:36:03

Hi sharon , I received my flashlight from my order today but it did not come with the (2) extra o-rings. I spoke with the manufacturer of the light and it's suppose to come with 2 o-rings and I didn't get any.

Sharon_ 18:36:29

Would you please kindly tell me your order number for futher checking?

aoyue2702 18:36:54

My friends have purchased the same light from dinodirect and they got 2 o-rings but I didnt. 885Z1XXXX

Sharon_ 18:37:04

I would like to check it to you,Would you pkease kindly wait for a few minutes?

aoyue2702 18:37:11

yes I will wait

Sharon_ 18:37:21

Package Included: ■1 x Flashlight

Sharon_ 18:37:29

but package only include this

aoyue2702 18:38:04

yes it came with the light, a key chain and suppose to be 2 o-rings

aoyue2702 18:38:32

Heres what tank007 manufacture told me

aoyue2702 18:38:33

Thank you for your trust & support of Tank007 flashlight.This is sweety from Tank007 Lighting INC.Nice to meet you. Our original tin box packing including 1pcs /E09 flashlight,1pcs/keychain,2pcs/O-rings. Can i know your E09 bought from which online store ? About the O-ring.it is very cheaper.we can offer you free ,this service request you pay the express cost .but the express cost higher than the value of O-ring. I think it is not a good way to get the O-ring for you.so we give you some suggestion:

aoyue2702 18:38:40

you can ask it from the store which you bought it .

aoyue2702 18:40:04

heres a picture of my friends lights they got, you can see they came with 2 o-rings in the tin box. http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8148/tank007e09.jpg

Sharon_ 18:40:14

Regarding the problem of the item, we have urged our product department to solve it as quickly as possible. We will contact you when we get the answer from them. Would you please allow us abound 72 hours to deal with it?

aoyue2702 18:40:34

yes will you email me the outcome?

Sharon_ 18:40:43

yes

aoyue2702 18:40:55

ok that sounds ok. I will be waiting for your reply. thank you sharon

Sharon_ 18:40:59

we will e-mail you once we get the information from them

Sharon_ 18:41:05

It is my pleasure to assist you. If you have anything that we might help, please feel free to come. We are always here willing to help. Wish you have a wonderful day!

Sharon_ 18:41:06

:]

[/quote]

Oh really?

DinoDirect sent me an email and ended my case.

Not only do they ship out lights with missing items, they also LIE! If they would have contacted tank (just like I did in the email) they would have been told it DOES come with extra O-rings.

I wont use dinodirect again.

I would like to know of there are O rings or not, or a tin, or a keyring, or anything at all really. I ordered (2) of these and they were shipped on the 8th! ZZZZZZZZ. Everything I have ordered from Dino in the past I have received in around 10 days. Maybe it will be in the mail today....

oh~ we are tank007 manfacturer,never got feedback from dinodirect

Hi sweety, I spoke with you during email.

I knew dinodirect lied as usual and didn't contact you about my missing parts.

I look forward to buying the tank E09 V3 , but I wont buy it from dinodirect. I'll buy from someone who doesn't lie and cheat buyers.

Dear ,

this is sweety from tank007.we never got feedback from dinodirect.

hi! nice to meet you !hope that our E09 V3 will be come into the market early.

Me too! Hope all the bugs and problems are fixed from V2 .

Can it use 10440 out of the box? Meaning no modifications needed like putting washers as kreisler did.