Review: Tank007 E09

Looks like a nice light ,

ordered one as well , hopefully gets here early next week ...

Originally resisted as I thought it was much larger than the ITP , but after seeing it side by side , could not pass it bye

Nice review.

I also ordered one from DD...three months ago, it never showed up. At least I got my money back from Paypal.

will the EO9 take a protected 10440? If so, which one fits and works?

thanks,

patrick

Protected 10440's are too long. Kreisler's review shows one way of making it work by adding a brass ring to the end of the body tube to provide some extra length and still make electrical contact between the body tube and the head.

Sweet review brted.

And it's good to have you here gloomywarfreak.

followers of the topic already know that the next production batch of E09's (termed internally as "E09 V3") will have a dedicated longer battery compartment to fit all brands of Protected 10440's, and this new fact/improvement will also be communicated on the product webpage when V3 is out.

brted's is clearly a V2 copy (and it does have the XP-E R3 in it, not the XP-E R2, see also the current product webpage which showcases the V2).

The PWM is confirmed by the company to be "normally 180~ 250HZ, and we use 230HZ" in the E09 product. The company deliberately doesnt intend to employ higher frequency PWM in an effort to avoid whining. So that's what you get with Tank007 products (similar to Balder lights, etc.). If all of my lights had the 230Hz frequency, it would be a dealbreaker if i were to buy another (new) light with the same low frequency. My Romisen RC-29 has a similar low PWM, and i am good with both ... but please not another (third) light! ;)

The defective samples were an issue of V1 (the cheap glue functioning as insulation layer -- as we recall from the other review). On my V2 sample, with my bare hands, i am not able to unscrew the upper head part from the lower head part, so i cant check the V2 insulation layer. In any case, the manufacturer is aware of the original insulation problem (V1), so let's see how they handle it in the upcoming V3.

I also did and published extensive runtime tests involving multiple test runs, both on original Eneloop AAA's and on Protected Ultrafire 10440's, and also measured amperages from tailcap readings. The interested reader may feel free to compare the measurements from both reviews.

Really great review btw. These kinds of beamshots were exactly the ones missing in the other review

Really.... Why push dinodirect on everybody? Every other post you make is about dinodirect, or linking to them.

Do you work for them? Do you get paid by them? Whats the deal?

BTW, if anyone wants this light, don't buy it from dinodirect unless your ready to receive missing parts, zero customer service (and I mean ZERO, nothing but liar cust service reps) and possibly not even receive your product.

I bought mine from dinodirect and it came with missing o-rings, and the customer service reps lied to me multiple times, and refused to replace the missing o-rings. It was even confirmed by Sweety of tank Co. that dinodirect lied and never contacted them.

Bottom line : Awesome light, I carry it on my keychain, but DONT BUY IT FROM DINODIRECT. PAY THE EXTRA $1-2 AND ORDER FROM ELSEWHERE!

sorry that you didnt have any good experience with them (Summer even sent you a PM and you didnt seem willing to give the solution-finding another try with/via her). the OP got his copy from DD too, so please respect the OP and his nice review thread and keep the forum’s peace and dont start an offtopic dispute (subject: kreisler, or subject: DD) in here.

btw, i've deleted the quoted post Tongue Out (and will stop referring to DD from now on in this E09 review thread).

I have had 3 iTP A3's. Each came with extra o-rings, but I have never needed them. Don't feel too bad if you don't get them, though, yes, they should be included in the box.

I would say this light starts to lose it's cost-competitiveness over $16 when the Olight starts looking pretty good for not much more (roughly $21 after discounts). But for the price I paid, it is an excellent value.

How do you know I didn't respond to summers PM? That's awful odd. We already know that you're kreisler AND dinoboy, but are you also Summer? Seems like it could be possible.... How else would you I didn't respond to her PM? It all adds up, you reccomend and spam dinodirect everywhere, you had another username under the nick "DinoBoy", and you were caught voting with multiple usernames on polls about dinodirect (in favor of them), and now you somehow know I didn't respond to summers PM.

Could Summer, DinoBoy and kreisler all be the same person?

Okay. Good thing I didn't order protected 10440's.

Thanks for the warm greetings fishin and raccoon. Lots of friendly people and tons of info on lights! This place rocks!

No, it can't be.

Why not?

Summer can't speak German. ;-)

Are you sure that kreisler/dinoboy can do that?

If he cant, then Google Translate can...

He's already been caught using the username dinoboy from china (or wherever it said he was from) and just so happen the avatar of dinoboy was of a dinosaur (same as dinodirects website logo)

It's probably a good chance he's Summer also, especially since he knew about the outcome of my pm with summer.

Seems like a good deal potentially as compared to the A3 although compared to the TI at $16 and available locally (U.S. that is) maybe not so much.
Too bad about the low frequency PWM.
Nice review by the way.

Hi friend,Sorry for my late reply,I found this post too late,thanks for kreisler,all the active BLF member know this is your fault,because I answer you three times in the different post you attended,and also ask your order number ,but you donot answer me and donot give me your order,I feel sorry about that,I am summer ,and also I am an honesty lady,I love BLF,so I am very happy to be friends with our members ,DinoBoy pm me ask me some questions and also kreisler help me so much ,I like all of them ,I donot know what happened ,but i know they are really kind person,they are fair.I believe our admin know this fact ,please let our admin tell all the people this truth,all the best to our friends.

Thanks dear friends,thanks for your fair to me ,to our store .I believe you are an honety gentleman.

thanks for your trust ,I believe action speak louder than words.CoolPlease let our admin tell the truth,I can speak Chinese and English but not can speak German.