This light is a titanium alloy version of the Ti4. It's a functional beauty that should be tough to boot. By far, the best part of the light is it's looks and, assumed, toughness (did not test for this). I has good mode spacing and lots of power for the type of light it is designed to be. The light is turned On and Off by the tailcap. Modes can be switched by the tailcap or twisting the head. The modes are Firefly (.4lm), Low (32lm), High(300lm), Firefly, Low, High, Strobe (300lm). The driver has last mode memory that can be used for any of the 3 levels, but not for Strobe.
Output in High mode is stated to be 300lm. This number appears reasonable to slightly conservative. Measurements in my integrated tube indicated the output is slightly higher, but I have not nailed down a definitive conversion factor. Throw on high measures between 700 and 800cd.
The light can only be used with Ni-MH. The head of the light gets hot pretty fast in high mode.
The Pocket clip is strong and holds well.
I should disclose that this light was provided to me by ThruNite to review. I have done my best to not allow this review to be biased due to ThruNite providing the light to me at no charge. ThruNite has not tried to influence this review. Here are links to the their sites if anyone should like to contact them:
- Beautiful appearance and toughness that make it a very versatile light
- Light weight for comfortable EDC
- High kicks out bright, floody beam with XPL V6.
- Beautiful OP reflector that renders smooth beam pattern
- Nicely cut threads.
- Ultra clear tempered glass lens with anti-reflective coating
- Side clicky (Momentary Switch)
- Nice looking, strong, stainless-steel pocket clip
- Length of light makes it sit nicely it shirt pockets
- Well packaged with sturdy, good-looking box
- Threads/o-rings well lubed. Spare o-rings provided
- Nicely spaced modes
- Tail caps and clip are glued.
- Does not tail stand (Price for pen-like look)
Some Review Pics:
Nicely packed with one of ThruNite's great boxes. Includes the light, a manual, thank you card, extra o-rings, decancent pack, protective sleeve and padding.
Nicely machined threads that were lubed (wiped off to show threads).
Fits shirt pockets well:
There is a prior BLF review here.
Output in High mode is stated to be 300lm. This number appears reasonable to slightly conservative. Measurements in my integrated tube indicated the output is slightly higher, but I have not nailed down a definitive conversion factor. Throw on high measures about 800cd. The head of the light gets hot pretty fast in high mode.
Wallshot. Spill is much wider, but not included as not visable.
Info from ThruNite's Product Page:
- The Ti4T “penlight” style LED flashlight possesses a Titanium Alloy body with polished finish to feel good in the hand and look very fashionable,
and adopts OP reflector to give perfect flood.
- Featuring the advanced CREE XP-L V6 LED emitter, it can make output up to 300 lumens only using 2pcs AAA batteries.
With Standard IPX-8 waterproof rating and compact design, the Ti4T is ideal for daily life, specific work fields, outdoor activities and emergency use.
- Titanium alloy body design is easy on the skin, feels good in the hand, and looks delicate and fashionable to carry.
- Adopts an advanced CREE XP-L V6 LED, to give max output up to 300 lumens with a max regulated runtime for 137 hours.
- Due to thoughtful design, the Ti4T always starts in Firefly mode—ideal for tasks like dentists using it as an endoscope.
- Outstanding construction gives the Ti4T the durability to meet the IPX-8 waterproof standard.
- Always have the light you need when you need it, with this compact and lightweight “penlight” style LED flashlight—great for a variety of applications.
- LED: CREE XP-L V6 LED with a lifespan of 20+ years of run time.
- Output & Runtime (Tested with 2*Ni-MH/900mAh)
-Firefly (0.4 lumens /137 hours)
-Low (32 lumens /12 hours)
-High (300 lumens /51 minutes)
-Strobe (300 lumens /90 minutes)
- Neutral White output will be 15% less than Cool White.
- Working voltage: DC 0.9V-3 V.
- Battery: 2 x AAA batteries (not included).
- Peak Beam Intensity: 736 cd.
- Beam Distance: 54 meters.
- Waterproof: IPX-8 (2M).
- Impact Resistance: 1.5M.
- Material: Titanium alloy body with polished finish.
- Reflector: Orange peel reflector gives perfect flood.
- Weight: 31g (without battery).
- Dimension: 133mm (length)*14mm (head diameter).
- Working temperature: -40℃ to 40℃.
- Accessories: 2 x Spare O-ring.
- Battery Installation
Unscrew the light head, insert the batteries with the negative terminal down into the battery tube and then screw the light head back on.
- Turn ON/OFF
Single press the tail switch to turn the light on/off.
- Change Modes
When the light is ON, twist to loosen then tighten the light head to change modes with the cycle of Firefly, Low, High, Firefly, Low, High, and Strobe.
When the light is ON, half press the tail switch (without hearing the “click” sound) to cycle through Firefly, Low, High, Firefly, Low, High, and Strobe.
- Short Memory Function
The light will turn on in the last mode accessed within a 1-10 seconds interval, except for Strobe.
Over 10 seconds and then turn it on, the output will get back to Firefly mode.
Another winner. Beautiful, classy, useful, good modes, and lots of a light. Looks like a pin when clipped to a shirt pocket. I work in an office building that has areas that will be pitch dark in a power outage situation. I can EDC this light with pride and still feel I have backup light should it be needed.