Review: ThruNite TN40 Rechargeable LED Searchlight

Thank you very much!

I have the tn40s too, very large spill with outstanding throw. The only con of this light is the heat on turbo :cry:

It is expected I believe. We can always cool it down with dry ice :stuck_out_tongue:

Past warm? Mine smoke hands with 5 minutes :person_facepalming:

I understand your frustration. That is why I do NOT like the summer!

I am enjoying the winter where heat is not an issue.

I am guessing that you live in relatively warm weather year round unless you live near the mountains?

Yes, I live in region near sierra coast and the weather should be cooler than now……. Result of forests devastation here :person_facepalming:

So we have no define season here actually, sometimes the winter could be more hot than summer and summers like winter weather (like this year, weak rains and low temps) :person_facepalming:

The average temperatures at night in summer could be 19~29ºC and winter 2~23ºC São Paulo/SP

The craziest state here Acre hits 31~36ºC (at night ) in summer and 25~28ºC in winter

This is a thermal image I took of my TN40 after 15mins on turbo.

I’ve got a newsletter from Thrunite,as I have bought direct from them the TN40S, TN42 and TN36 2017,in which they say that there are some new lights, such as TN40S V2 and TN42 V2. http://www.thrunite.com/
Have you any idea about them?

I asked them:
-switch on the tail
-improved contact

Everything else stays the same.

thx.

Thrunite never failed on me… i like it… my favorite is thrunite tn42… it look very heavy when you look at the light, but it is actually light weight when you hold it. Thrunite user interface is awesome and easy to use… thrunite driver are reliable too…

I already have an Olight X7R and hesitate between TN40 and TN 41.

Which one do you prefer ?

I already have an Olight X7R and hesitate between TN40 and TN 41.

Which one do you prefer ?

What is TN41?

Sorry, it's TN42

Look at these reviews which have many of beamshots,so as to make a decision.
https://www.google.gr/search?q=tn40+vs+tn42&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b&gfe_rd=cr&dcr=0&ei=RleYWoKYG46ANPeDmfgD&gws_rd=cr

Thank's

Tn40 have a beam much more usefull :smiley:

if you already have an olight x7r flood light, then you should get a tn42 thrower.

110kcd stock? I got the M2X-UT 1st gen XM-L2 factory dedomed version, fully stock, no spring by pass and getting 196kcd measured in selfbuilt’s review