Review: Trustfire Mini-01

Any battery will drain rather fast. An XM-L direct driven with one 16340 will chew it up on high.

Finally got around to trying them. They seem to fit OK. Makes the twist a bit harder but I guess I can live with it.

The protected TF Flames are quite a bit brighter than the primary. Makes the Mini almost as bright as my UF2100.

Can’t wait for the IMRs to arrive! :slight_smile:

The IMR’s should be brighter still :slight_smile:
And the size of a primary, so aren’t tight like the protected cells.

i ended it buying this. i will clip this onto my jean belt look and using the keychain and just have it dangling, so i can just easily reach for the mini and extend it out towards me if i need to.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OVDGFK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Looks like a good idea :slight_smile:

This thread might interest anybody looking for a more concentrated hotspot, and a bit more throw from their Mini-01

If you see post 26, i cut the dome off the XM-L in one of my Mini-01’s, and compare it to the standard Mini-01.

Got the IMRs in. Hard to tell if it’s really brighter since I don’t have two Mini-01’s to test side by side. But I think it is.

Now I have to wait for my 2nd Mini-01 to come in. :slight_smile:

Does the light get hot really fast? :slight_smile:

Yeah, this puppy definitely could serve as a hand warmer. At least for those few minutes before the juice runs out. :slight_smile:

I tried the IMRs in my iTP A3 (XPG R5) and I think I can see more of a difference there.

I might switch back to the A3 as the Mini-01 is nice but a bit bulky.

Yeah, maximum brightness only lasts a few minutes before it starts to dim, but you get quite a long useful runtime in total.

I used to EDC a Maglite Solitaire, back before Leds had made their mark. I used to smoke back then too, so pocket space was at a premium. Now, i don’t smoke, so i’ve plenty of room for a single cr123 pocket rocket :bigsmile:

I think the mini is a great EDC, it is just the right size and when you need that extra power it’s there. In low mode it lasts quite long with a decent amount of light.

Yeah, i’d say the BLF version will be perfect :slight_smile:

Surprising to see it’s a little smaller than than the ITP A3 EOS. I’ve seen CPF’ers “bob” flashlights to shorten them, gluing them back together with JBWeld. I wonder what the doability would be on something like this. I don’t need a reflector, or at least not a big one. I’m not extremely handy, but will try if very motivated. :*

wow~ EDC

Our BLF MINI offers L/M/H compared with the standard H/L/S.

Our L/M are 2% & 30%.

The stock-standard TrustFire MINI-01 has ratings ranging from a [fair] 280 lumens (JohnnyMacs 173 lm OTF from a primary); up to an incredible 1,000 lm.

In conjunction with the [LED] 280 lumens, a 42 lumen Low is mentioned. This would seem to indicate a 15% Low - but from JohhnyMacs OTF reading I rather suspect 10% - giving a very good runtime; but nowhere that from our BLF 2% Low.

Anyone tested with 18350? I am going to order a pair trustfire flames 18350 to test it.
They are 1.6mm longer than the yezl16340 which are total crap.

My yezl have not even at 0.5A discharge the 800mah, at 1 A just About 500mAh….crap

Edit : they won’t fit, length would be okay but they are to thick. Was confused because the 18650 fitted in the head of the light…

You will find that a lot of cells have exaggerated mAh claims printed on them.
But, take a look at HKJ’s review of the Yezl, and you will find it did quite a bit better than your test.
I have also found the Yezl’s to be very good, even measuring 2.4A at the tail of the Mini-01 which is pretty impressive for a 16340. A Panasonic 18650 only managed just over 2.5A in the Mini-01.

the 18350s are 1.8-1.86 cm, the trustfire mini is around 1.72 cm, unless u have an edc extender please tell.

The Yezl cells are the best I own to date.

Just put an 16340 in there. Pretty amazing the first 1-3 mintues.