Review: Trustfire Mini-01

received 2 of these little lights yesterday they are great tried them out last night on hi both are as bright as my Xtar WK21 on hi tested against my zebra-light H600 i would say around 500 lumens

I bought a couple of these several months ago off ebay. the last couple of days I have been testing run times on low mode. Results are hard to believe, but have done it twice.

Using the supplied Trustfire battery on low until the light was at the level of my Fenix LD01 on low mode it ran for 18.5 hours. At that time it would have been OK to walk outside in the woods at night.

Using a new Titanium battery from Battery Junction the light operated for 18 hours to the same light level as near as I could tell without any instruments.

My interest in this light was to see how useful it would be to a hunter or hiker if he were out at night for whatever reason. I admit to being surprised by the run times, but that is how it turned out.

I turned it on High with a new battery. After 1:20 I checked it and and it was warm, but not hot. I turned it off and will wait to see how long it will operate on High.

Although it does not have a mode as low as my Quark Mini 123, it is superior to the Quark on medium as to run times. The Quark ran 6 hrs 35 minutes. The light levels appear to me to be similar with the Mini 01 on low, and the Quark on medium. However, that may not be true, and the Quark may put out more light on medium than the 01 on low. However the mini 01 on low is much brighter than the Quark on low.

Overall I am very pleased with the mini 01, and have ordered two more; one for a friend.

Regards,
Jerry

Yeah, great light :slight_smile:

I like my TF mini and how smooth it is but I can hardly wait for the BLF version that starts on low(light should start in its primary use mode). Stainless is a poor conductor of heat(cut a 2” stainless screw with a grinder and while the offcut could raise a blister, the part I held only got warm). I don’t expect the led to have a long lifespan in this host but it’s a great little light.

Don’t worry, it isn’t a too bad heat conductor :wink:
Let in run on high for about a minute and you will see (and feel).

How long is runtime on decent 16340 on high with still a decent amount of light coming out?
I won a olight i3 but i could also choose fore cash and now i’m doubting between the olight or cash for this mini :s

About 10 minutes

I have a Mini-01 on the way. Im looking forward to giving this soem test runs. :smiley:

I first saw this light a couple months ago and it’s been on my mind ever since. Then I saw it again this week and I’ve been drooling over it and have REALLY been wanting a 1*16340 light so I just pulled the trigger on a Mini-01 and 2 AW IMR16340’s…

Can’t wait!!!

It’s a barn burner, especially with those imr! Be sure to charge them frequently and if the light dims change the battery. It’s easy to over-disharge and ruin them. Have fun!

TrustFire Mini-01 on FastTech for below $14 with coupon (BLF) with battery !!

http://www.fasttech.com/products/1/10003622/1264800-trustfire-mini-01-cree-xm-l-t6-3-mode-280lm-led-fl

BLF mini is only couple of $ more. There are still about 20 left from second batch.

Just saying..

Better modes, no strobe, high PWM, and NW emitter for only $3.5 more :)

Check this thread:

I just recieved my Mini-01 today. Its a great little light. Mine came with grease on the threads ! and for its size its bright. No scratches, its polished to a mirror Stainless finish. Got it for 14 bucks. :slight_smile:

Just received my Mini-01 and 2 AW IMR 16340’s yesterday. I got the Mini-01 on eBay for $15 shipped (took 10 days, not bad).

It arrived in perfect condition, no scratches or anything, no dust on lens or reflector, emitter perfectly centered. There were some metal shavings on the threads but once I got them cleaned up and put some grease on there, operation is quite smooth.

This thing is RIDICULOUS on high. Right up against a wall it looks nearly identical in brightness to my Nitecore EA4 Pioneer on Turbo (860lm) and my vinhnguyen54 4.53A XM-L T6 P60 drop-in which is in the neighborhood of 800 lumens. It lights up my whole backyard on high and is genuinely difficult to comprehend how so much light comes from such a tiny light; but it’s at the expense of runtime and incredible heat produced quickly. The low is a perfect level though for nearly any task; my guess is that it’s 60-100 lumens and runtime shouldn’t be too abysmal using the “low” mode primarily.

My modes seem to work fine and as I would expect, although the on-off-on motion to switch levels must be done quite quickly. Every time I turn the light on it comes on at “high” and if I turn it off for a second and back on, it’s still on “high”; to get the levels to change I have to cycle it off and back on very quickly (<0.5 seconds I would guess). I actually don’t mind it except it is hard with one hand, but I don’t mind using two hands.

Although the tint is on the cool side, it’s perfectly acceptable and much less “blue” than my iTP A3 which it is replacing on my keychain.

Obviously there’s room for improvement in this thing in terms of the “UI” and tint but I’m SO FREAKING HAPPY for $15, I think I might have to get some more CR123 sized lights but I have a feeling they’ll all pale in comparison with the high mode.

Does anyone know of a quality brand name single CR123 light with multiple levels that is direct driven on high with an XM-L?
I would just love to have the option of the ridiculous punch of a direct driven XM-L from an IMR cell but with the practicality of multiple brightness levels. Please don’t direct me to the BLF Mini though as I fear the greenness everyone has complained about.

Thanks!

Does anyone here have a Trustfire Mini-02 ? I’m just wondering how it compares to the mini-01.

I ordered a Mini-02 from Fasttech yesterday, going by the specs and photos it looks to be a little bit longer (67 mm vs 61mm), rated at 480LM instead of 280LM and has a smooth reflector vs the textured reflector on the 01. Is it a new updated model to the 01 or something?

I have the Mini-01 now, and have the Mini-02 order. :slight_smile:

Not updated, just a bit different. See comparison here.

BTW: You could have bought it with great modes & PWM + NW emitter from Rey's group buy. (The light uses the same driver as BLF Mini-01 => modes were designed & tested by us. Highly recomended!)

Hi guys, just ordered the mini 01 and 02. Should be here with a week or two.

Question, to get the max brightness out of these lights, what RCR’s should I buy? I get quite confused when it comes to protected vs non protected, volts, mah, etc, if you would, give me your recommendation to get the max lumens out of these lil guys, thx!!!

Get AW 16340 IMR for max brightness, they are however non-protected… or else… hmm YEZL 16340 or Trustfire?