Review: Trustfire Mini-01

Finally got around to trying them. They seem to fit OK. Makes the twist a bit harder but I guess I can live with it.

The protected TF Flames are quite a bit brighter than the primary. Makes the Mini almost as bright as my UF2100.

Can’t wait for the IMRs to arrive! :slight_smile:

The IMR’s should be brighter still :slight_smile:
And the size of a primary, so aren’t tight like the protected cells.

i ended it buying this. i will clip this onto my jean belt look and using the keychain and just have it dangling, so i can just easily reach for the mini and extend it out towards me if i need to.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001OVDGFK/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00

Looks like a good idea :slight_smile:

This thread might interest anybody looking for a more concentrated hotspot, and a bit more throw from their Mini-01

If you see post 26, i cut the dome off the XM-L in one of my Mini-01’s, and compare it to the standard Mini-01.

Got the IMRs in. Hard to tell if it’s really brighter since I don’t have two Mini-01’s to test side by side. But I think it is.

Now I have to wait for my 2nd Mini-01 to come in. :slight_smile:

Does the light get hot really fast? :slight_smile:

Yeah, this puppy definitely could serve as a hand warmer. At least for those few minutes before the juice runs out. :slight_smile:

I tried the IMRs in my iTP A3 (XPG R5) and I think I can see more of a difference there.

I might switch back to the A3 as the Mini-01 is nice but a bit bulky.

Yeah, maximum brightness only lasts a few minutes before it starts to dim, but you get quite a long useful runtime in total.

I used to EDC a Maglite Solitaire, back before Leds had made their mark. I used to smoke back then too, so pocket space was at a premium. Now, i don’t smoke, so i’ve plenty of room for a single cr123 pocket rocket :bigsmile:

I think the mini is a great EDC, it is just the right size and when you need that extra power it’s there. In low mode it lasts quite long with a decent amount of light.

Yeah, i’d say the BLF version will be perfect :slight_smile:

Surprising to see it’s a little smaller than than the ITP A3 EOS. I’ve seen CPF’ers “bob” flashlights to shorten them, gluing them back together with JBWeld. I wonder what the doability would be on something like this. I don’t need a reflector, or at least not a big one. I’m not extremely handy, but will try if very motivated. :*

wow~ EDC

Our BLF MINI offers L/M/H compared with the standard H/L/S.

Our L/M are 2% & 30%.

The stock-standard TrustFire MINI-01 has ratings ranging from a [fair] 280 lumens (JohnnyMacs 173 lm OTF from a primary); up to an incredible 1,000 lm.

In conjunction with the [LED] 280 lumens, a 42 lumen Low is mentioned. This would seem to indicate a 15% Low - but from JohhnyMacs OTF reading I rather suspect 10% - giving a very good runtime; but nowhere that from our BLF 2% Low.

Anyone tested with 18350? I am going to order a pair trustfire flames 18350 to test it.
They are 1.6mm longer than the yezl16340 which are total crap.

My yezl have not even at 0.5A discharge the 800mah, at 1 A just About 500mAh….crap

Edit : they won’t fit, length would be okay but they are to thick. Was confused because the 18650 fitted in the head of the light…

You will find that a lot of cells have exaggerated mAh claims printed on them.
But, take a look at HKJ’s review of the Yezl, and you will find it did quite a bit better than your test.
I have also found the Yezl’s to be very good, even measuring 2.4A at the tail of the Mini-01 which is pretty impressive for a 16340. A Panasonic 18650 only managed just over 2.5A in the Mini-01.

the 18350s are 1.8-1.86 cm, the trustfire mini is around 1.72 cm, unless u have an edc extender please tell.

The Yezl cells are the best I own to date.

Just put an 16340 in there. Pretty amazing the first 1-3 mintues.

Not sure what you mean? 18650 fit in the head like mentioned before in this thread.

The amount of power is not just the current, you need to watch the voltage. And one of the yezl cell I have breaks down immediately if you pull more than 0.6A out of it. And so the measured capacity is low because be b6 charger discharges only till 3V and this is reached very fast, the other one is bit better… I have no16340 to compare but I have a lot of Panasonic/Sanyo 18650 and these are excellent. But I agree uneven comparison…
I agree also it’s a huge difference to a primary, it’s bright as hell. And the runtime is very good. It’s the best keychain light I had so I wear it everyday and I am very happy with it.
But I won’t buy another because I have no need, except from the keychain and also I have just one acceptable accu.