Review: Trustfire Mini-01

We all should have bought shares in Trustfire at the start of this thread :slight_smile:

More beamshots for the still unconvinced:
http://forum.fonarevka.ru/showthread.php?t=11377

Good find 8)

someone needs to get one of these on video outside on utube… iv only done a vid of my m3x triton in the fog for a laugh. :slight_smile:

I might could try to get some video on my phone tonight. This mini is shocking when I show and friend and turn it on outside and fully flood up a huge tree and the entire surroundings 30 meters away. Especially if I hide the mini behind my thumb and they can’t see that I’m holding anything. :slight_smile:

just done a quick vid

NICE! Great way to show the way it lights up a room. Now we just need some outdoor stuff. :slight_smile:

Would be great to see some outside vids :slight_smile: Watch you don’t burn your thumb though :smiley:

I took a photo comparison of the Trustfire mini-01 vs a 35W HID.

The HID has a real hot center spot which makes the leaves practically vanish and throws real far, the mini (considering it’s size) has a pretty good spot (not too great for throw) and excellent spill as well.

Photos taken with an iPhone 4 :smiley:

HID

Mini

Holy crap! I wonder what a mini would be able to do with a SMO reflector?

I’m looking into that, I have an SMO that is slightly larger in length by 2mm, might try cutting from the top and see how that goes.

Both photos while taken with an iPhone don’t do them justice. I’ll have to retake both with a better quality camera. (was too lazy to set it all up tonight).

Probably create a donut Homer Simpson would be proud of… but who knows :slight_smile:

thanks, just ordered three
[/quote]

Great, really interested to hear what you think of the mini using the IMR’s :slight_smile:
I’m loving mine :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Hey Matt, Do you notice significant output between the IMR’s and the Yetzl cells?

Cheers

Great beamshots mags :slight_smile: Only just saw these as my blf email alerts keep going to my spam folder :frowning:

I’ve not done enough testing between the Yezl and IMR yet, but the IMR is definitely brighter and easily visible to the eye.
The difference between a primary and the Yezl was :open_mouth:
The difference between the the Yezl and the IMR is impressive, but not on the same scale. Inside during daylight, it looks like the hotspot is a bit brighter, but outside at night, it lights up the whole garden as the spill is a lot brighter too.

Using the shorter IMR’s makes the mini so much nicer to use though. After using the longer Yezl’s for so long, switching back to the short IMR’s makes twisting the light on feel so easy. I think when my second mini-01 arrives, ill keep one for edc Yezl use and possibly shorten the spring, and the other for IMR fun :bigsmile: And hopefully mod the IMR one with a U2 XM-L on copper.

Cheers
Matt

Do you use AW IMRs? If so, could you provide a link, where you ordered them from?

My Yezls just arrived today, now they are charging and I’m waiting for the arrive of my Mini-01 :slight_smile:

Yes, AW’s from here Fenix, Nitecore, Zebralight, Eagletac, Olight and Maxpedition
Another good place to buy is here http://www.e-smokeguru.gr/index.php/en/Batteries/AW-Batteries.html I have bought AW cells from here and had great customer service and fast delivery.

Cheers
Matt

Getting the batteries before the flashlight is always torture J)

That is exactly what happened to me. All I could do was look at the batteries and just imagine… 8)

Thanks Matt!

I will try to get other beamshot comparisons using my better camera when I get a chance.

Cheers!
Steve

I look forward to more beamshots Steve :slight_smile:
I’ve only the phone camera too, but might give a couple of shots a go.

Cheers
Matt