Review: Trustfire Mini-01

TrustFire LED Mini 01 CREE XM-L T6 3 Mode $14.40

That’s where I got ordered mine. First package arrived with a cellphone battery and I’m not the only one that got a cell phone battery instead of the Mini-01. They claim to have resent the correct item and tracking tells me it should arrive tomorrow or Monday. I’ll be happy if I get a Mini-01 this time. If not I will have run out of patience.

First-Class Mail International

Arrive USPS Sort Facility

September 07, 2012, 2:39 am

PHILADELPHIA, PA 19116

International Letter

Depart USPS Sort Facility

September 06, 2012, 11:25 pm

BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Processed through USPS Sort Facility

September 06, 2012, 5:36 pm

BETHPAGE, NY 11714

Processed Through Sort Facility

September 02, 2012, 10:17 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Processed Through Sort Facility

August 30, 2012, 8:27 pm

SHANGHAI, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Acceptance

August 29, 2012, 1:25 pm

CHINA PEOPLES REP

Other than the group buy being worked out on the other BLF thread, if anyone reading this still wants to order, I had gotten mine HERE .

Arrived within a couple weeks, in retail package with a 123a battery. No issues at all. $13.55 + .85 shipping.

……

Just got my Mini...in a word - awesome! rray009 resent my order and this time the mini was in it instead of a phone battery. W00T!

ok, my aw’s arrived. i ordered three of them from light hound
um, i did not notice any improvement in brightness compared to my eXtremeBeam cells.
i dont have a multimeter so i cant not test in amps, but with my naked eye, theres no difference.

maybe these rarely seen cells that i got are possible very good? i got these from a buddy that recommended me them about 2 years ago.

maybe someone here with a multimeter can try one and test it out…who knows they might be some good cheap cells.

http://extremebeamtactical.pinnaclecart.com/index.php?p=product&id=30

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ExtremeBeam-EB-XB-A01-Rechargable-Tungsten-Carbide-CR123-Battery-/320937409609?pt=BI_Security_Fire_Protection&hash=item4ab95c3c49

Did you see any gains after the mods?

Paid rray on 8/18. Still no Mini-01 for me.

dammit.

damn. thats a bit much. customs be suckin.

Just another pic :slight_smile:

My Mini-01 came today with a CR123. Now I’m waiting for the 16340 IMR and li-ions to arrive.

I guess that’s better than the other way around. :slight_smile:

Yep :slight_smile:
The Trusty primary it comes with ain’t the best but at least you can blast some lumens out of it and then begin to drool at the possibilities…

Wow… 7 pages, this turned out to be a pretty popular pocket rocket 8)

On JohnnyMac’s OTF Lumens post (HERE ), for the Mini-01 he measured 500 lumens with a TFF 16340, and only 173 lumens on a 123A primary. Quite the difference, I’d say. :slight_smile:

I have to say I’m running the primary in mine until it’s drained and it is still quite the nice output. Immensely usable and doesn’t get too hot. What a fantastic little light! I have 3 more (BLF Editions) on order from the group buy that is going on. 2 for gifting and one for me. :slight_smile:

Wow. That isn’t just from the voltage difference, is it?

I tried out the 123A last night and it was indeed quite a bit dimmer than my other XML light (though to be fair, the other XML was a 18650-based UF2100).

No, the CR123A primaries can only supply around 1 amp of current where as 16340s can supply much more, especially if they are IMR.

Ah, I didn’t know that. This is my first CR123A light.

I can’t wait for the IMR and li-ions to arrive then. :slight_smile:

Thanks!

I’m not much into the keychain light kinda thing because my keychain is already chock-o-block full of other dangles. I put my lights in holsters because the wear and tear on ’em from keys and such would rip them a new one.

That said, I had no choice :bigsmile: but to convert my new Mini-01 into a tail stander toot-sweet………

I wanted to make it look like it came from the factory this way. I think that was achieved. And of course now it’s stubbier and even yet more impressive to the size-matters girls.

IMO at least for my typical usages this light just became something akin to 10x more functional as a tail stander. The only thing it now lacks is a secret magnet hidden inside the cap. However because this is a good grade of stainless steel even a neodym magnet won’t penetrate it enough to allow decent stickage. I thought about milling a little magnet recess on the outside bottom of the cap but I like it enough just the way it is I guess. Maybe if I get another one.

Finally received mine from rray. Diggin it.

Looks great Lumatic!… care to elaborate exactly how you did that? I am considering the same, but all I have is a dremel so I would love to know what you used.

Nice job, Lumatic! Sure does look like it came that way.