Review TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 5-Modes Memory LED Flashlight (3x18650)

I have the most noob question-How do I cycle between the modes of the 3T6?

Just half press the switch when it’s on, to go in next mode.
Or switch on off on off on off until you reach the right mode.

After your post I ended up ordering the manafont driver. In the pics on the website it looks identical to the TF driver to which the resistor mod is done earlier in this topic. So I ordered it hoping to replace the driver in my TR-3T6 (which I now suspect might be fake) as my driver doesn’t have an R5 (not used) and R7 position, but an R2 and R5 position which are both used.
Imagine my surprise when the driver arrived and it was identical to the one I already have, so you don’t get the one pictured on manafont! Now what? Not happy obviously…

That info sucks sorry to hear that. I ordered that driver for my wallbuys 3T6 3-4 days ago!!!

Pictures and dimensions please…
Did you got the one board only driver? This can be resistormodded too or not

Well, I was a bit skeptical about how that driver would look and perform stock…
Its a reason (several actually) why I considered a driver from IO a month ago, and why I ordered one yesterday… (not that one I looked at that would fit nicely in the light)
Only bad thing is that the IO drivers just had a little price bump…

apt323, have you checked if you had the same driver as I got on my wallbuys light? I remember you had the same tailcap readings… I would say that was a good driver, and dont really see why there should be a reason to change it out for the manafont driver…

Personally, if I had not desired the features on the IO driver I ordered I would have just bought the LD-29 for 5.59$ (before discount) if I never had plans of using 3 cells. You would have to remove the 21mm board and modify it to your current 26mm board though… Should be easy…

Maybe Werner can help out if he gets some pictures if the 2 cell manafont driver… It seems most boards can be modified with a resistor mod. How well it works, how reliable it is, and how efficient the driver will be after the mod is another story. But that is some of the fun with modding.
As you can read in this thread, mine went through a lot. Had it not been for the unlucky short circuit it would have lived today after lots of abuse.
No big loss for me though. I had a fun project, and now got the reasson I needed to buy a driver from IO… :slight_smile: … Should be a win, win project if the IO driver lives up to its paper specs…

Will try and get pics. Size wise looks identical to the one in this topic to which the resistor mod has been done (so its 2-piece). The difference I can see is the location were the new resistor is placed (R5) is labelled R2 on mine. There doesn’t seem to be an R7 (unless its behind the coil). Mine does have R5 as well but, in the original pic it has no resistor in place, where on the boards I have there is a resistor in that position already.
So recap; mine has R2 and R5 both with resistors.
The one is see the mod done to has R5 and R7 with no resistor I place in R5 (before mod).

RaceR86 - wanted to have a backup just incase something like what happened yours happened to mine when I went to mod it. Those little bitty components are small for my old eyes…. :open_mouth: More of a backup then a swap out.

I see…
Keep us updated on the mod. :slight_smile:

Here are the images regarding the manafont driver.
The 1st picure is the driver manafont sent me (I found there is an R7 position as well, it was hidden behind the coil; so that makes R2,R5 and R7 all with resistors)
The 2nd picture is what they show on their website (only R5 and R7, with R5 empty) <-what I wanted (and expected!) to receive…

Looks like it should be easy to mod.

R2=R200 resistor
R5=R250 resistor
R7= ?? not able to tell from the picture, what are the value on it?

You know what output (Amps) is on high?

R7 has an R100 resistor.
See The problem is I just wanted to do a simple mod that others have done before me.
First my flashlight didn’t have the driver I thought, so I ordered this one (which was the same as the one in my light already). I don’t know what the output is and I don’t have a multimeter. As I normally don’t do these kind of things, I’m not gonna buy a multimeter just for this as I might as well buy a new (more powerful) flashlight then…

How are the dimensions of the manafont driver?

According to manafont it’s 26x26x21mm. Didn’t measure myself but it seems correct.

Could this driver be turned into 1-mode version?

I still have not modded my light as its just been to dam relible and i dont want it change that

I have an idea to make green modde, with green XP/R-E emitters I just need to find

is there someone that sales just reflector-piel assembly because I don't want to ruin 3 x XM-L "drop-in"!

If I could find 5x (for 5 emitters) "drop-in" for this flashlight that would be super awesome :D

Any ideas/suggestions?

Dropin will cost more or equal to the lamp.
The 5 Led light has more narrow reflectors…

Have you seen such drop-in somewhere, even with just 3 x reflector?

I have seen them, but all were about 30$+, so it doesn’t make sense.
This discussion was also here in this thread some sites before….
I have thought long time like you but finally I did the resistor mod and its the same like before just brighter.