Review: Uniquefire AA-S1 OSRAM 1xAA

The osram will flood more, if only because the reflector they use (at least in mine) is not suitable for the emitter, so it doesn't focus the beam to a central spot.

Xr-e's actually have the most flood because the larger lens concentrate more light out the front instead of off the relector.

Recieved 3 from DX 15min ago.

Build quality is lower than expected, came dirty. Beam and tint color is different on all three. 2 warmer, 1 colder tint. On wall the beams are all slightly different.

Not very happy.

As I was especting.

I ordered 2. Still no one has arrived. The first one should arrive before this friday...

Have you tested with 14500? All of the 3 have hotspot? How about flood?

They have no noticable hotspot. More floody as expected. Very irregular beam pattern between all three.

I have no 14500 not plan to have any. For me AA/14500 are just AA lights. :)

And how about power output with a simple AA? aceptable?

Yep, on the same ballpark with a q3 skyray SA-1 or something i own but slightly floodier. The hotspot is almost nonexistent beyond 1m away.

Hope I receive the mines soon!

I hope you don't get any mines or other explosive devices. :)

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF again the language barrier has caused this ahahaha

LOL.

Looks like you got the same batch as I did. Dirty, barely a hotspot and mostly flood.

I got this light and I like it very much. What midieval10 mension is some of the qualities of this light.

For some purposes flood is what you need and in that respect the AA S1 is one of the best. You

can get tons of light if its throw you want, but lights with lots of flood is not that easy to come by.

The AA S1 is one of these. Brightness and flood in a small package is what you get with this light.

Cheap too!

Check to see if the emitter is centered. On mine, it's slightly off, which doesn't help the already incorrect reflector.

Also the distance between the emitter and the begining of the reflector......... is determinant

And... of course I want more flood than throw. This is the best for that

Mine seem's all well centered and assembled. The emitters are lower quality perhaps. Otherwise the tint difference is crazy between the three. Kept the warmers gave away the cold one.

Budgeteer, do you have convex lens or sharp sight? Can you see your emmiters if they have 2 or 5 divissions?

I am talking about this: http://budgetlightforum.cz.cc/node/519?page=2#comment-7532

All my samples have flat "lenses". Have to check when i'm home for the emitter.

Already gave one away. The next day i got a call saying: OMG, did you knew it was THAT good?

I guess we are being way more picky than normal human beings. :D

about flat lenses, I imagine that you are talking about the silicone dome protecting the die........ all golden dragons I have have not flat lenses (not completely flat). They have some "curvature"

Yep, confirmed on mine.

Anyway still bright like a q3, but diffused.

OK, how many divisions you see in the die? is easy to see, even without convex lenses.... 2? 5?

TX

On mine, 2