{Review} Wurkkos TS10 (awesome!)

Hello! I bought myself a Wurrkos TS10 a few months ago, when they finally did another drop of them. I got lucky and they didn’t sell out right away like the previous drop, but today I am going to be reviewing it. I am going to be reviewing more lights in the future, so if you have any ideas for different lights, leave a comment, I’d love to hear it.

Basic Overview:

The Wurkkos TS10 is a 14500 light that has a claimed max output of 1400 lumens, which is a ton for such a small battery. The light is available for under $30 without a battery or just a little over that for an included battery. The TS10 uses an E-switch located at the tail, which is pretty clicky in comparison to the lumintop FW3A which had a similar setup. If you saw my review of the Sofirn SC32 a few weeks ago, you’ll know that the TS10 uses the same switch as that. The light that I received uses Anduril 1 firmware which is a very customizable and programmable interface used on many different lights. This means that the user can make the light respond exactly how they want it to. I have the light in the stepless ramping mode group and the ramp is the perfect speed from the factory, but one can adjust the speed at any time. I believe that the newer lights are shipping with Anduril 2 preinstalled, but if you get one with Anduril 1 it’s pretty easy to flash Anduril 2 if you wish. The light uses a triple emitter setup, with a few different options for emitter and color temperature. My light is equipped with a Nichia emitter that is rated at 4000K, but 5000k and 6000k options are also available. The light comes with a 2 way pocket clip that is not reversible, but relatively deep carry. The light also comes with a lanyard if you’re into that. The light runs on an included 900mAH 14500 battery, and does not have any sort of onboard charging.

The light came to me in a pretty basic box, a bit of branding, some specs, but nothing special, which is fine as the light only retails for around $30 depending on what options you pick. Speaking of options, there are a few, this light is available in 4 colors, 3 auxiliary LED colors, and 2 color temperatures, so there are quite a few different combos to pick from. Wurkkos has already made a few special ones with different colors and materials, but the standard ones are made with an aluminum body, and stainless steel E-switch at the tail. It should be noted that upon the purchase of the TS10, you will have to pick a color for your auxiliary LED, it is one color only and there are quite a few color options to choose from. (I chose red) Don’t worry, there are a few different modes for the aux LEDs if you don’t want them on. To change the modes, click the switch 7 times from off and it will cycle 1 mode. The modes are low–high–lightning/flashing–and off.

BEAM

The beam is pretty much what you’d expect from a light with a triple emitter setup; very floody with no hotspot. I really like this setup as it provides smooth consistent light on whatever object you’re shining it at.

OPINIONS

THE GOOD:

• Small light
  • very bright for its size (1400 lumens)
  • Sub $30, makes it accessible to many people
  • Great color temperature
  • Many different options so users can make the light theirs
  • Clicky switch
  • Anduril firmware
  • Solid build construction
  • Decent clip
  • Comfortable to hold and use
  • Triple emitter setup makes for a great floody beam.
  • The light stays cool during high output modes
  • Branding on the light is average, but certainly not too much

THE BAD:

• Not Deep carry
  • No onboard charging
  • Aux LEDS are single color, no RGB (not a big deal)
  • Cannot use regular AA batteries, must be 14500

FINAL THOUGHTS

Overall, I am very impressed with the TS10 and I am very glad that I bought one, because this light is a hard hitter. At the sub $30 price point, you really can’t ask for much more…. But I will. My biggest gripe is that the Light does not have a deep carry clip, and at the time of writing this, there are no aftermarket ones available. Honestly, that is the biggest reason why I don’t carry this light a ton. Other than the clip, this is a great addition to the very slim category of 14500 lights that use Anduril, which still is the best interface on a flashlight. For a new user or an upcoming enthusiast, Anduril can be dreadful at first, but once you get the hang of it, it is super super great to use, especially with the clicky-ness of the tail switch. This is definitely on my list of best AA/14500 flashlights for sure.

Buyers recommendation

If you’re already an enthusiast, or just looking to get into the rabbit hole of enthusiast lights, I would definitely recommend this for you.

DISCLAIMER:

Wurkkos did not send me this light, I paid full retail price for it, and am not getting paid to review it, I simply want to share this awesome piece from them. :slight_smile:

5 Thanks

Anything above 300lm looks like turbo mode if I check the runtimes.
The Lumintop Tool 2.0 does a better job on runtimes.
Lumintop can also use regular AA.
Wurkkos is 24mm shorter than the Lumintop which is great.
I love floody lights so that’s another area Wurkkos beats my beloved Lumintop.

1 Thank

Finally he arrived.
I don’t understand why it’s about $30, if I bought mine for $17.5 at a discount. Charging kit.
The photo has a comparison with other 14500 flashlights and just kids, such as SC21Pro and Vk04

1 Thank

Nice flashlight, have a good one !

1 Thank