Review: Wurkkos TS10 w 5500K LEDs and Red Aux

The procedure with the straw is to place small sections over the ears of the clip, long enough to grab the tag ends with pliers (or in my case my teeth), mount the clip, adjust into the desired position and then pull the straw pieces off. I have done this numerous times without any damage to the finish. It’s a genius resolution to the problem at hand. Thanks to @Jasontheguitarist for posting the process.

:+1:
Interesting. I have seen pictures where people left the straw sections on the clip. I didn’t like the way it looks much. This is a better solution. THX!

update on the FWAA Ti Bezel fitment to TS10

I just measured the FWAA bezel, it is 20.4 mm OD, slightly smaller than the TS10 bezel, which is 21mm

this leaves a slight lip that I can feel w my figer, and may be a point of ano wear from rubbing in and out of a pocket, over time… should I worry?

I think that explains why I had trouble with the O ring trying to pop out when screwind down the bezel… it took some fiddling to get it to stay hidden…

:+1:
THX

I was afraid that the aux LEDs bypass the low voltage protection. Does that mean that there is LVP for the aux? So we don’t have to worry about damaging the 14500 cell if using the aux led for extended periods?

Yes, IF your light has the updated firmware, it has LVP for aux.

one way to determine if your light has the updated firmware is to look for the PWM by waving the light, when on the floor output in Advanced mode. You will see dots like this with the updated firware:
If you see the dots, your light has LVP for aux

another way to verify new firmware, is if the Aux turn OFF when main LEDs are on. Left is original, Right is updated:

or
do a version check, it gives a date, feb is orig, 7/19 is update…

FWIW, jon_slider suggested to me that the TS10 lights in red on Amazon would likely have the latest firmware. I received one today and was happy to find the firmware version of 202207190714. And as he stated the aux lights go out when the main emitters are on.

Glad I was able to pick one up during the recent sale for about $20.

Yay! Enjoy :wink:

thanks for the confirmation of updated firmware

I was encouraged to purchase this light as an EDC. When received it, I was not super excited at first. I was looking for something to replace my short D4 I’ve carried for a few years. The light seemed long and narrow, and tt took me awhile to get used to the end switch.

Now that I have carried to for a few weeks, I REALLY like it. Beam color is great, aux LEDs are nice, battery life is good (for my uses). Fits very nicely in my pocket, never worried about accidental turn on. And I’ve taken a liking to the end switch. :+1:

Yes these little light grow on you. I have lots of similar sized lights. For a long time I carried a D25A. A great little light. But, one of the three TS10s that I bought have replaced it in my pocket daily since I got the first one.
I really like a tail switch in a light this size. No fumbling for a side switch or messing with a twisty. Plenty of light and a real nice low. Nice beam and tint (I have both tints, but the 4500K is my favorite, though I like both)
They are by far my favorite little lights now!

@sbslider, Great to hear youre enjoying the little TS10… that the battery size is sufficient for your needs, and the LED color is to your liking… me too :wink:

happy to hear youre enjoying the tailswitch too… Im a big fan

I also prefer the Red Aux… I tell myself they could also be useful as a pedestrian safety marker, in flashing mode.

fwiw, it is possible to turn Aux On and Off quickly, by unscrewing the head slightly…

same, my MAO TS10 weighs half as much as the Ti Rotary I was carrying…

definitely fun little lights, glad youre enjoying yours too :beer:

I ordered one from wurkkos.com store on Nov 9, still had an old fw with aux always on

Is it a Black host?

I got a Black host, ordered Sept 19, that also came w original firmware. I bought a reflashing kit from gchart, and updated the firmware.

I also bought a Red TS10 Host, and a MAO white host. They both came with the New Firmware (aux off when main LEDs On)

Hey Jon. This review was fabulous and made even better by your crisp and standardized pics. Well done, sir!

I got a silver 4K with red aux this week, and I quickly found the red aux were brighter than I was expecting, and I also learned I prefer red over orange aux. Thank you for the regular recommendation of the red aux!

I don’t recall a specific mention of a particular topic in the many TS10 posts here on BLF or on reddit/r/flashlight, so I’m wondering how involved it would be to swap a TS10’s pill with another one, so I can better match the aux to another body. Would I also need to remove the bezel? Thank you for any guidance.

congrats on your Silver/red :beer:

thanks for the kind words, glad my comments have been helpful

I have not tried to remove the pill…

in a perfect world, it should push out the bottom, after first removing the mcpcb,

hopefully with little force, and without damaging any components… but I have not looked at what is to be seen below the mcpcb shelf

Yup, a black host with green aux
I wanted to try reflashing anyway:)

Good attitude :beer:

My black/green also needed the reflash… Im really glad I learned how, thanks to gchart for the hardware and extensive coaching.