[review] Wurkkos TS21 21700 light, 4000K!

That is welcome news. :partying_face: Please also give due consideration to the color choices and maintain consistency with them. Avoid the path that the LT1 lantern has followed, which has sowed discontent, and confusion for users.

I generally like the higher outputs, and ease with which larger emitters produce them, without having to be pushed closer to the limits. Iā€™ve been working on a project needing some illumination inside a cavity, and first tried to use the fashionable SC31 Pro as a source, to dissatisfaction. Task was made easier after switching to my EC01, as I should have used from the start. Also made me pay closer to attention to the XHP70 lights out there, like the T2.

Please continue to offer Champagne colored anodizing on models going forward! The pink is also really great. Iā€™d love to see a desert digital camo as well as a teal/navy.

With the black rubber boot, how do you get the switch led color to show? Doesnā€™t it block the light?

I prefer the old switch and Iā€™m glad I got it before the change.

I am not exactly a fan of the new switch either. OTOH, I can run it flawlessly in heavy winter gloves and that canā€™t be said about a number of flashlights! The dim LED and goofy blue light are nothing compared to having something that functionally works! Only time will tell the answer to the ultimate question for me. Will it last and not become an avenue for water to wreck the light? From my perspective everything else about the switch can be forgiven.

This!

when different color happen, will show and not mix to another one

I believe the black switch was first utilized in Sofirnā€™s C8 variants dating back to 2017, and isnā€™t opaque.

There are plenty of examples as to how it appears, from any number of the Sofirn, Wurkkos, or Astrolux models equipped with it. Green/red? See a late model SC31 Pro, or an SC31/B for blue. There should be no doubt it does a better job of conveying information than the tiny dot on the current switch. And with the possibility of two pairs of emitters, like on the LT1, it can make distinctions not only with color, but position.

Itā€™s had a few years to prove itself, in appearance, and performance, and whatever critiques is may have received havenā€™t risen to any level of prominence, as far as I recall.

By contrast, TS21 is months short from being on the market for a full year, and the v2 even less, with notes about its buttonā€™s impromptu color mixing and shortcomings as a beacon in threads such as this one.

I totally donā€™t need another flashlight. But you know, loveā€¦ā€¦ :slight_smile:
Gonna grab a camo.

You are absolutely right! Wurkkos WK30 multi-colored flashlight that I have uses that rubber boot and it works great to show the switch color.

Would the low setting shine through enough to see? Canā€™t use the high setting because of high drain. Itā€™s going to take more than just a switch change to make it right. The drain issue and blue light flashing randomly also need to be addressed.

I agree, I am not looking forward to the day when all those rubber switches start dry rotting.

I agree, the switch with rubber boot looks fine on the TS21. Functionally, when comparing my TS21's current switch with my Sofirn SC31's switch (which appears to be the same one proposed for the TS21), I actually prefer the rubber switch version's tactile feedback a 'touch' more.

The Wurkkosā€™s champagne color is unusual and very pretty; highly recommended. That form & size of Wurkkos TS21 (and Thrunite T2) fits neatly and feels great in the hand.

Of the 4 different buttons, I actually like the look and firm/precise feel of Wurkkos and Thrunite more than Sofirn. Olight also has similar button to Wurkkos but too firm. The Wurkkosā€™s orange light is for all practical purposes invisible at its low setting, so I turned it off. This way itā€™s now the same as Olight and Thrunite (no light and conveniently for the TS21, no parasitic drain).

For me, the only problem with the TS21 is the Sofirn IF25a 4000k with 4 ST20ā€™s. Sofirn is not nearly as pretty to my eyes and doesnā€™t feel as nice in the hand, but brighter (much brighter), and works right out of the box for non-crazy people :innocent: , versus Wurkkos pretty much of no use unless max temp is set higher. WRT to temp, Sofirn at 45 C still outshines TS21 at 60 C (at least the way I tested: 45 minute run starting at Turbo for both). Beam colors identical. TS21 a little more floody, Sofirn more spot/throw but still very good flood.

Btw, is it possible I might have stumbled on treatment for the crazy blue light?? Not sure but it seems ever since I set the light to one-click turn-on to Turbo/brightest level (set to brightest level, then 10 clicks to activate manual memory), I donā€™t see the blue light anymore.

Ummm, whaddya think is underneath the hard switch?

Does anybody know (or Wurkkos) if all current colors are updated with Anduril 2?

The information on Wurkkos product page is a little confusing:
ā€˜New Color TS21 (splash per photo) updated to Anduril 2.0 with power bank function
Black color in this link was updated to anduril 2.0 tooā€™

Thatā€™s a benefit because I can use it as an excuse to buy another light :slight_smile:

Seriously, Iā€™m more concerned about the charging port. I makes the light bigger and increases the change it get wet inside.

Found this review: Wurkkos TS21 AndĆŗril Flashlight Review - ZeroAir Reviews

Is the camo version still for sale?

Is being able to find the flashlight from the switch light without unacceptable parasitic drain really important to you? If so, find a version 1 or wait until they get it fixed. Or, just get a different light. Fair enough. I donā€™t need an LED to find a light that is firmly clipped in my pocket with a more than acceptable clip! The default configuration is to have the switch set to low so parasitic drain is not an issue. I am very happy that there are so many excellent people here and that Wurkkos is involved and listens and will likely make improvements based on the feedback. However, I think this discussion may be giving people the impression that this light is flawed far worse than reality!

Wonā€™t defend the annoying blue light but 2 things must be pointed out with that. 1. it is only on for 30 seconds. 2. I seriously doubt, and have never witnessed, the blue light coming on when I wanted moonlight. That would be more than annoying.

Gifted a version 1 and have a version 2 and frankly they are both fantastic lights. Have been playing with my version 2 for about a month now in the deep of winter. Observing the thermal control when it is below zero F outside has been fun to watch. Have to wear really heavy gloves when it is that cold out. Testing an IF22a in the same conditions I would take the TS21 switch over the IDF22a any day of the week. They look very similar so I donā€™t know if my IF22a (now gifted) was a 1 of or if there is really a difference in switches. I do know that I have always been able to properly control the TS21 with heavy gloves. It has not been flaky in switching in any way. (Other than the blue light.)

One night when it was so cold that after more than a minute on turbo the highest I could get the temperature was 21, back to single digits on the 3rd cycle, I washed it under warm soapy water when it was still quite cold. No incursions anywhere. Have put this thing through crazy thermal cycling and everything just works. Hopefully it will continue. So far it is just plain a very solid light for not that much money! I just want to say enough with dissing the switch already;-)

Sorry to quote myself LOL but I could now confirm that setting my TS21 Anduril 2 to turn on at Turbo level (light on, double click to Turbo, 10 clicks to activate manual memory IIRC) has eliminated the blue/purple light show. All I see is orange.

At low level the standby lamp is nearly invisible so I turn it off anyway. So parasitic drain doesnā€™t bother me either. I should say again, the champagne Wurkkos is very pretty :slight_smile: .