Review: Zeusray CREE XM-L2 zoomable flashlight

When in flood mode it is a perfect circle with no artifacts however in spot position it is indeed a square with a faint circle artifact around it.

Thanks for the review. The great thing about the solid pill is that it’s a really thick solid pill.

To clarify in regards to the beam, there are basically no artifacts in either flood or spot position…unlike the SK98.

Also the driver is not next mode memory. I believe the driver is direct drive.

Does the driver give a low battery warning/shutoff, so it’s safe to use an unprotected li-ion cell?

Is there a driver we can buy and swap in that has low battery protection and does moon-lo-med-high with mode memory?

I don’t need a hotter and brighter light, I want one that’s more useful for my walking around.

Also, does anyone know what the approximate OTF lumens are?

Hi Hank, this one should work. If 5mA is not low enough for you, you can just get it customized.

Tom E posted the measurements he took off the stock light in another post. They are Hi: 3.6A, Med: 1.65A, 0.85A… Hi lumens: 809 start, 782 30 secs, throw: 15 kcd taken at 5m

The post is here:

Changed the next mode memory. Thanks raven38571

Too bad it has a crenelated bezel ring, but that could be filed or turned off without looking bad.

Good Day likevvii,

You said:

"Battery: 1 × 18650 unprotected ONLY"

Why is that?

Why can't we use a Protected 18650 Battery (eg: Protected Panasonic 3400mAh)?

Thank You Very Much,

George

It is too long. I tried it with my protected panasonic 3400 and it was too long to close the cap.

Which ones? Panasonic doesn't sell any protected cells, they're all aftermarket. The green ones with Chinese IC's are usually amongst the longest, >71mm.

Thanks for the review.

EDIT: For some reason, I tried it again and it worked…… I had to force the last few screws on the tailcap in order to get it to close tightly. My battery length is 70mm. Any longer and it will not fit.
Sorry about the mistakes. Good think you can help me catch them XD

Are there enough threads on the tail cap to put an o-ring as a spacer to make it longer?

Be careful not to crush the cell. They're made exclusively for incorporation into battery packs so have thin walls, not strong steel cases like alkaline or NiMH cells. Sharply dented cells should be recycled. Remember, a screw gives you an enormous mechanical advantage.

I’m using AW’s protected 18650 (2200 mAh, had it for several years) and those fit without a problem on mine
(also, both of mine tailstand ok, so maybe the switches are different depths than on those that don’t tailstand and don’t easily take protected cells).

Good Day,

Could someone Please tell me what is the inner diameter of the "battery tube" for the Dealmetic Zeusray flashlight?

I am wondering if a 3xAAA Battery holder will fit (I doubt it).

Thank You Very Much,

George

I think the 3xAAA battery holders dimensions are approx 59mm L x 23mm ø , which would be a dropin for a 26600 light [which I don’t think they make] or if you used a spacer

The measurements are roughly (with tape measure and eye) 66mm long inside(plus springs, mine takes Trustfire flame protected no problem) and 18mm wide a 3xAAA carrier will not fit

It out I run Panasonic 18650 Bs in mine by the way great beam sbots! First time I turned mine on I couldn’t stop grinning I have 3 of them first the xml t6 when came out and when the xml2 hit the market I wa the first to get one and now two!

Great little light, thanks for the review.
Super fast shipping to Virginia.
Very hard to beat this value!
Nice brightness and great run times!
I got at least 2 hrs of high output on a Panasonic 3400 without a noticeable loss in brightness.
At 3.5 hrs the brightness drop is noticeable.
The heat generated is not unbearable and much less than a thrunite TN 12.
Great find! I’ll be picking up a few of these.
Wish they made a 26650 version of this.