Review: Zeusray CREE XM-L2 zoomable flashlight

I think it has around 50 degrees of flood

Thanks, I’ll check with my FT zoomie when I get home again.

It's wide, real wide - as wide as the widest I got and I got a lot of zoomies - not that exact one though. I had an 875 (http://www.dx.com/p/ultrafire-875-cree-xm-l-t6-860lm-5-mode-white-light-zooming-flashlight-black-1-x-18650-26650-160962#.VBwKFbR0zmE - gifted to my son-n-law) and it was the widest - this one is right there with it. Also it match's the SupFire F2 in flood width, wider than the SK98.

I have that zoomie as well. The Zeusray is wider. Flood is the most important thing to me too and the Zeusray’s flood is really wide. It’s the widest I’ve owned.

I have machined a lot of bezels for these types of lights. Most will accommodate the DX 26mm glass lens. Machine off the little crowns and you can get up to 90 degrees cone angle on these.

I would not expect that of them. With the extra items to warehouse, each bit would cost more than the whole thing does. A budget flashlight is the smallest item that could be sold individually and in small numbers for profit.

These are really compact lights. I do not yet own one of these zeusray but have other brands of similar design.

I have more than one because they are so compact.

What I would like to see to make it an even better EDC 4 ME:

Make a 2mm wide knurled band on the tail cap. Alternatively make 2 seperate 1,5mm wide knurled bands. This helps massively in avoiding cross threading as it improves control.

Move the little flat cut out for the pocket clip closer to the tail cap. So that the distance from the end of the battery tube to the groove where the clip sits is between 3 to 5 mm. This enables deep pocket carry when using this for EDC. Something I like a lot since it is then:

1: Better "hidden" for everyone else.

2: Is less prone to fall out of the pocket.

3: Interferes less with daily tasks like pulling out keys, pocket change, the other EDC light or a knife from the pocket. It can then sit in the aft most "corner" of the pocket and not intrude on any valuable pocket space.

4: Make the bezel flat. No pointy "self defence" bezel "Crown". I don't care for them and they are a bugger to grind down and make nice looking unless you have more and better tools than I have.

Thats it. It would be perfect for me then. Maybe offer it in red, blue, green, dusty pink and camoflage colors for show? IDK.

Does anyone know what is happening with these lights? The dealmetic website still says pre-order, but no details. I’ve not had any emails since ordering apart from a PayPal confirmation.

I don’t mind emailing dealmetic, but I only did the PayPal checkout, so don’t have anything but the PayPal transaction ID.

Has anyone else ordered one in the last week and had any additional info? Thanks.

The FT zoomie I linked to has 81,5 degrees flood angle. I measured a flood beam of 142 cm wide on the wall with the light at a distance of 81 cm from the wall. I used an on-line angle calculator (Right Triangle Angle And Side Calculator) entering 71 as side a (half of 142), 81 as side b and doubled the resulting angle A.

Anyone with a Zuesray care to do the same? I’d really like to know.

I would to know if somebody have used the “International Air Mail, with No Tracking ( free shipping )”.
Because for me is a nonsense pay 1,99$ for a 7,99$ flashlight for “Register air mail/with tracking” .
Thanx

i didnt pay the 1,99 - and had the light fast as hell!

Perfect, many thanx :smiley:

Me three! All 3 of mine ordered separately over time were without tracking and came pretty fast.

i had a look - 8 days from China to austria! :beer:

I am pleased with mine. I didn’t find it hard to file off most of the crenelation on the bezel ring, but I have been using my files a lot recently.

Using your method I roughly calculate it as 63 degrees.

Is this not available anymore?

Thanks for the help, much appreciated! As my zoomies need to be wide I think I’ll stick to the FastTech host, which is pretty good with solid pill (alu) but an necessarily chunky/heavy head.

trying to consolidate all ZeusRay posts thanks

Hhmm - this don't sound right - only 63? Oh boy, think I'll have to try it... The ZeusRay's about match my little AA no-name zoomies, after I sanded down the slider on them.

Update: ok, I measured the light from 16" off the wall, and it had 25.5" total width flood. So, that's 12.75" to calculate the angle. Plugging in the #'s on the site, it calculates 38.55 degs, times 2 is 77.1.

Conclusion: my ZeusRay has a 77.1 degree flood

Sonofspectrum - do you have the model with the shiny tailcap or duller one? Think my shinier ones did better (wider flood). Last one I ordered and recv'd was the shiny tailcap.