Revolutionary new Anduril release

It has been a long time coming, but today marks a monumental leap forward in the world of illumination, and I’m proud to announce an upgrade which will usher in a new era of lighting technology. You spoke, we listened, and now after a long and grueling development process, it’s here!

:star2: A Heartfelt Thank You!

Before we dive into the details, I must extend my deepest appreciation to each and every contributor who poured their passion, creativity, and expertise into this project. We wouldn’t be here today without your unwavering dedication, and for that, I am eternally grateful.

:flashlight: What is it?

I don’t want to over-hype anything, but this may perhaps be the single most popular feature ever. According to extensive market research and numerous studies, it is preferred by anywhere from 80% to 95% of all users globally, and has become an industry standard on nearly all platforms. Again and again, one feature shines above all others as the most highly requested:

Say hello to Dark Mode, the sleek and sophisticated new Anduril interface that transforms your flashlight experience into an immersive journey through the shadows.

:crescent_moon: Why Dark Mode?

Imagine navigating through the night with the elegance and ease of darkness at your fingertips. Dark Mode isn’t just a trend; it’s a lifestyle. Here’s why you’ll love it:

• Enhanced Comfort: Say goodbye to harsh glare! Dark Mode offers a softer, more comfortable lighting experience, perfect for late-night walks, camping trips, or simply getting to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

• Modern Aesthetics: Embrace a fresh, modern look that’s easy on the eyes and effortlessly stylish. Black is the new black, because it never goes out of style.

• No More Blue Light Interference: The modern world is full of light pollution and other ocular hazards which disrupt the circadian rhythm and can even cause severe health problems like chronic fatigue and macular degeneration. LEDs are particularly egregious thanks to their high intensity blue wavelengths. But with Dark Mode, you can leave all those troubles in the past and get a good night’s sleep, every night.

• Environmental Consciousness: Embrace sustainability with Dark Mode’s energy-efficient design. By conserving power, you contribute to a brighter, greener future for generations to come.

• Unprecedented Lighting Quality: With a simple firmware update, you can turn your ugly old torch beam into an ideal blackbody radiator with industry-leading 100 CRI, zero duv for a neutral tint, and a perfectly smooth beam with no artifacts. It emits a truly radiant, ultra-warm, never-seen-before color temperature of 300 Kelvin, which imbues colors with such authentic warmth and richness, it’s positively incandescent.

• Extended Battery Life: This innovative feature provides nearly unlimited runtime, so never again will you have to fumble around trying to change a battery in the dark.

• Industry Compatibility: Seamlessly integrate with the latest industry standards, ensuring optimal performance across all devices. Inspired by Android’s Material You engine, it uses an intuitive touch interface based on advanced thermodynamic transfer technology, to continuously adjust its beam and perfectly match each user and each situation. The best part is, it’s automatic so you don’t even have to change any system preferences.

• Stealth and Night Vision: For truly distinguished soldiers of fortune, this release comes with a special new feature just for you: Turbo Stealth! You thought turbo mode and stealth were mutually incompatible… but you were wrong. So wrong. When you point this baby at an attacker and unleash a blinding burst of darkness, your target will be so confused and disoriented that they won’t know what hit them! Freelance mall security has never looked so good.

• Cutting-Edge AI and LLM Technology: You’ve heard the buzzwords, you’ve seen the news that AI is going to change the world, you’ve tried the latest LLMs from OpenAI, Microsoft, and other tech giants. Now you can have your own Artificial Illumination solution right there in your pocket at all times, with the latest in Low Light Modeling technology. No cloud account required!

But wait, there’s more! Included is a bonus feature called Moonlighting Mode: When you’re not busy pretending to illuminate things, your Anduril flashlight can now generate passive income with a part-time job as a stylish doorstop or paperweight, adding a touch of whimsy to any room.

So don’t wait one more minute. Dive into an immersive realm where darkness takes center stage, offering a sense of depth and wonder unlike anything you’ve seen before.

To experience Dark Mode for yourself, simply update your firmware to the latest version. This feature is available today across all platforms, ensuring a consistent experience for all users, regardless of brand, make, or model. We encourage you to explore this exciting new feature and share your feedback with us.

Experience the magic of Dark Mode with Anduril flashlight firmware version r2024-04-01. Upgrade now and step into a world where darkness becomes your greatest ally!

Relevant Links

27 Thanks

Thanks for this awesome release!

Unfortunately now I have to refactor all of my patches for Anduril again. :sob:

1 Thank

I got sick of reading the marketing bullshit. What does it do?

That would be the “long and grueling” part of the development process. It’s not easy to sound so cheesy!

4 Thanks

Unfortunately very obvious what game is played here.

2 Thanks

… it’s supposed to be obvious.

I don’t like the serious, mean-spirited pranks people typically pull on this holiday. I prefer when they’re whimsical and harmless and nobody gets fooled long enough to cause any real distress.

However…

This release really is real firmware, and it really works, on real hardware.

I don’t recommend actually using it… but people can if they want to. I only hope it’ll brighten someone’s day, even if only by a tiny fraction of a lumen.

7 Thanks

i brick my ts10 brass :scream: :sob:

Okay, i get it. Thanks TK :sweat_smile: :+1:

1 Thank

1 April jokes are lame.

Many of my non-Anduril lights had “Dark Mode” when Anduril was first released and are using “Moonlighting Mode” to act as “bait” in my workshop, just waiting to see if some unsavory character picks them up.

1 Thank

I had a good laugh, tnx TK

1 Thank

You almost convinced me that this is a real update until I realised that today is… Happy 1st of April 2024!

2 Thanks

Until the comments have been published, I must say that I thought it was real​:sweat_smile:… I was unaware of the tradition of playing jokes on April 1st… :see_no_evil:In Spain we celebrate that day on December 28.

2 Thanks

Me too, I caught on part way through the marketing blurb. :joy: Well played madam.

2 Thanks

Is there Anduril firmware with stabilization? Ts21 vurkkos)

@ToyKeeper you absolute legend :joy:

Well, there is a real release, it just has a few bugfixes by me.

Explain what you mean by stabilisation?

2 Thanks

Some sort of ‘Anduril Lite’ would be a thing. A special version with only the most important settings and overhauled UI so even my grandfather could use it without getting in some unwanted modes.
Too bad, missed opportunity I would say :smiley:

In other news, BLF has been acquired by Olight. Strict rules against discussing high-CRI warm-CCT emitters will be put in place shortly…

7 Thanks

I’ve just flashed my TS10 to get new feature and now I’ve problem… It got so dark that now I can’t find it… I vote to implement some “find my light” option, maybe similar to find my phone? Or maybe it would recognize my voice and blink?

4 Thanks

I am so exited for this last upgrade so immediately i upgrade a Lume1 FW3A and nothing work :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Ok now i am serious… i forgot something?

Android phone
usb protocol
AtTiny 1634 with write function
Operation succesfully

When i screw the head i see Hi Green(rgb) and after low green in standby so the voltage is low, so the voltage reading is correct.
If i click the FW3A start with very low lumens and if i press for ramping it goes very low and after goes up and do one blink
Any Idea?

EDIT: Same upgrade for a real FW3X and i have the same problem