Rey Engine

I believe it is an exponential sequence, but I think modes work better when you multiply by about three (instead of two) between modes.

That was my understanding as well.

1.Red25- red100- white2% – 25% – 100%

This is what Krystal should have offered.

Hidden is intuitive but turning off and back on quickly can trigger accidentally.

I have x2 Lan, a Pineapple and the Krystal….I love your work.

Thanks for your input.
Let’s assume that I was at low mode, and I want to get to high mode; if I click rapidly (let’s say 2-3 times within 1 second), I will be forced into the hidden mode.

Zebra uses electronic switch, reverse clicky is quite different. 1click= next mode, 2 clicks= next 2nd mode, 3 clicks= next 3rd mode.
It can ealisy cause some confusion.

I love the spacing of LAN/Pineapple. One thing I would note though is I occasionally overshoot or over estimate how much light I want / need and inadvertently enable mode memory. Not sure if anyone else has this problem :blush: . Also, handing these lights to muggles is a guaranteed switching of mode memory. Personally, I would like to see config mode require more than 8 clicks.

I can imagine that.

Since the perceived brightness is exponential, I’d say:

ML-1.5–6–25–100

perhaps adding and extra moonlight-only mode activated by double-tap to prevent accidentally ruining night vision.

Are we talking clicky or e-switches? For e-switches, mode memory with shortcuts to firefly, via hold from off, and double click to turbo are :+1:

Reverse clicky.

Hi Rey! Glad you find it useful!

I do understand your perspective and concern about the double click making us enter the “hidden” mode (Turbo). I guess that in a reverse clicky will always be hard to control the amount of pressure and the timing to make it act correctly.

Some time ago I made some demonstration videos with the guppy3drv firmware by doctor Jones. In this driver/UI you can choose some configurations where you can double click for turbo from any mode and a half press takes you back to the previous mode.

I tried to demonstrate that you can “manage the timing” of the double click, but it is true that it is not always possible to get it right.
However, take a look here.
Maybe there is another option instead of 2 fast clicks, but I really, REALLY, think that having the possibility to enable/disable a double or triple click to turbo would be awesome in a reverse clicky flashlight!

Hope this helps :wink:

I also made another video showing it with forward switch but I guess it will not be useful in this project.

Agreed, doule or triple click are always hard to control for some people.

Great idea. Add 2 configs, to enable/disable the doule or triple click.

Great :wink: That would be a nice feature! That way, those that feel more uncomfortable will have the possibility to chose what’s the best suitable UI :wink:

Glad you found it helpful :wink:

Thank you a lot.