Rey's Titanium X6, re-make

10,000 lumens!?
Ok divide by 20 and that’s what comes out of my X6 and I thought THAT was bright.

I’d like to join the “Dale never ceases to amaze me group” too!

Rey sold more of these Ti X6’s than 5 didn’t he? Surely he did, they’re really neat lights and of course staying as faithful to the Eagle Eye X6 as he did really works for me. I know I built up Slow-to-go’s and flamed it, did I do someone elses? Don’t remember.

Wondering though if this build wouldn’t fare better in an aluminum light with a copper pill, instead of the Titanium holding the heat in. Really wasn’t expecting this kind of output, figured it’d be lower than my quad Nichia 219 set-up and thus work better in this Ti light. Got a shocker when I fired it up the first time, don’t ya know! I only have one small piece of TeCu left, don’t know if it’ll be enough to make another pill for the height required, so I’ll have to get some more copper before I can do anything with it. And of course, surgery looms. Should have been almost over it by now, if he’d done it on the 1st like he originally said I probably would be. Somehow they figured I’d not jumped through enough hoops…

I go to the surgeon again in 9 days, hopefully he’ll be ready to operate and then I’ll be down for a couple of months. This whole pinched nerve thing is just really really tiresome and 3 months is entirely too long to be wearing it.

I had a Dr.s appointment this morning and took this Ti X6 with me. I told him about my “hobby” and pulled this out, telling him about it before firing it up. Then fired it up on low and walked it up through the modes and shone it onto my hand from about a foot away in level 5, 6 and then 7. The Dr. was about 8 feet away and when I hit Turbo you could see him recoil in his chair! lol I was shining the light away from him, but into my hand, he simply couldn’t believe it. This Dr. is familiar with working a lathe, he’s an outdoors kind of guy and was blown away at what the 2 little 18350’s are doing here.

They are compatible with XHP 50 and the narrow version is 12º.

Hi Dale, my stats are fairly accurate most info from Rey and that long thread and yes you did one other than slow to go’s but I can’t remember the persons name either and you’ve modded out a couple others that I am sort of sure of, but that to could be me thinking you modded someones when actually you may have only rebuilt your light,
I am not sure just how many variations you have built on that light, quit a few and all of them leading up to this awesome light, I did like that optic idea and the extended pill was a really great idea.
But here’s what I think, you get well and we will talk about this Ti X6 some other time, your health is the most important thing right now and that will be that, my light ain’t going anywhere.
Dale thank you, you inspire me so much, whether lights or photography, you are so extremely skilled and on so many levels, just look how quick you took to that lathe, just amazing.
Later pal, get fixed.

Argo, didn’t see that page but even on the page you link to it says clearly “Typical peak illuminance with a 1mm die size Lambertian high power LED = 16cd/lumen”

The hex shape might would cause a problem, the small individual size might also not be ideal for our purpose, I don’t know.

Also, it’s typical that the angle given on a reflector or optic is a half angle, so what we actually see is twice what they list. 24º isn’t all that tight, it really takes like a 3º half angle to get the throw type beam profile.

Damn, I need to build this. Great job, this is ridiculously nice. So the LEDIL triple optics dont fit an XHP50? :weary:

The Khatod’s are out of stock. :cry:

Dale, I pray your surgery goes well and makes you feel years younger!

T18, I don’t know how many Rey sold in the original sales thread but he also sold IIRC 3 Ti X6 in this thread:

He has deleted the sales info from the first post to clean it up but if you scroll down the thread you will see.
That’s where I picked up mine and they were labeled as Triple Ti II hosts.
And yes mine was sent to Dale too for a LD2 driver and triple 219C 3000k HCRI! :slight_smile:
Dale also put some gorgeous grooves on the body.

Did I do THaAT? lol

Yeah, sorry, I’d forgotten. Remember how odd that battery tube looked with no knurling on it, had to give it some grip and knew my knurling tool wasn’t up to Ti. That would look gorgeous a rich blue in color… why didn’t I do that? hahaha

So that accounts for 3 that I’ve done, and 3 builds on my own, started off with a fairly normal triple and CUTE-3 then made it a Quad Nichia 219 that pulled enormous amperage, set out to change it with a current drop and ended up with all too close to the same draw, imagine that. lol

Thank you for posting this pic, I had know idea of this light, Dale did a great job of course putting some nice detailed design on that tube.
I just got a PM from Rey and he told me he sold 10 of the Ti X6 2 years ago, wow it’s been that long already and I went and looked at LSX’s thread and there are 10 interests their and also a post by LSX saying that Rey and LSX had agreed to only make 10, mostly due to expense, that light was really pushing the wallet boundaries here at Budget BLF and there was a lot of worry about the sales and it was an extremely hard light for Rey to build, that I do remember and how he really was thinking of throwing in the towel, from issues with trit sizes being unreliable and having to pick and sort to even get close to matching sizes, and the machinists giving him troubles but he made it through it and as I just mentioned to him, look at him now, he learned so much just from that one light, cost and difficulties is what I believe was what finally did the light in, so confirmed 10 lights, and then a couple ringers like this light that I’ve seen here or there I think and believed them to be actual Ti X6 being modded by Dale that is what had me confused,
Really did crack me up funny that Dale say’s “I worked on that light?” he didn’t recall working on this light but very understandable.
Thank you for sharing that pic, very awesome indeed.
G…

Yes what I posted above is the original “Ti X6”, its just that Rey called it “Ti II host” when selling it in that thread.
These were left overs that didn’t get the knurling on the body.
If you check out the original sales thread, he mentions some unfinished units that he would sell later on in post #382.
I’m glad that Rey/LSX were able to struggle through and make this light, it is one of the finest looking lights out there!

If only 10 were made then that means 7 were sold in the original thread and later he sold 3 in the thread I posted.
Or maybe 10 were sold in the original thread and then later he sold 3 more?

Lol now you have me curious how many total.

I hear you, when I bought my light from one of the original buyers I started looking at it and wondering and read everything I could find and then saw that there was one for sale on some other site and the guy said he had bought it from someone in a group called BLF and quoted me some identity name here but it wasn’t on that one original list, so it appeared then the light had already changed hands 3 times if not 4, so I kept at it and that is how I somehow deducted that as far as originals mailed or delivered from Rey in the GB I thought there were 5, 6 at best, I could be completely off, and then the parts that where floating around for sale by a Vivian for Rey could be used to assemble a light but not one of the original originals… ha ha, it feels like valuating and I know the person I bought my light from was number 3 on LSX’s list, so if we had serial numbers, oh forget it, what a awesome light ha ha ha.

There were between 10 and 15 of the Ti X6’s, according to Rey. So some of the later ones were in an unfinished or parts sale.

Well mines not the brightest Ti X6 that’s for sure, but with those grooves it’s definitely the sexiest. :smiley:

Hey Dale, could u possibly give me the weight of the original bare copper heatsink?
I’m curious as it’s one beefy heatsink.

The empty copper pill weighs 3.4 oz/ 96 grams.

Love how you get turn over on your lights. Seems like a ZY-T08 would be a good option using possibly the ledil rocket series(50 mm) lens and two 18650’s. People on the dive boat were impressed by the throw of the contest woody but I’m looking to build something That puts more capitals in their expressions. The problem is that marine environments really knock down throw close to the water(too much mist) so I’m thinking of going for a boatload of lumens and turning that mist to gas. :rage: To put this in perspective, a few years back Louie brought an HID light cannon along on the trip (2’ long, 3 1/2” diameter, 60,000 lumens or so I’ve been told). Getting possibly 15k from something 1/8 the size might do the trick.

Thank you, much appreciated.
I like to keep notes which include the weights of my lights but also wanted the copper pill weight on this one since it’s unlike any of my others.

Scott? There’s a 50mm triple optic that fits a D Maglite quite well, perhaps running a pair of 32650’s through 3 XHP-50.2’s in a 2D Mag would do the trick? Might be around 12,000 lumens, like my scratch built Triple 50.2… don’t know what that particular optic will do as compared to the cheap triple reflector I sourced.

Just out of curiosity, and with someone here knocking Efest cells, I decided to try my new pair of Efest 20700’s on this Ti X6 triple 50.2.

How does 13,558.5 lumens sound? That’s a thousand more lumens than the big chunky scratch built light I made strictly for three of these emitters! (I have a new MOSFET on this driver, seems to be working…) DBC-05 turned in a best of 12,523.3 lumens on this same pair of Efest cells, which is better than the pair of Sanyo NCR20700A’s I borrowed from Tom and significantly better than my own pair of Sanyo NCR20700B’s. Even better than a pair of 32650’s and any/all 26650’s I’ve tried in this light, including the LiitoKala 5000mAh light blue cell. AND I’m only running 22 ga wires in the Ti X6! Crazy.

With the pair of Efest 20700’s I saw 24.05A as compared to a “measly” 17.22A from the 2 Efest 18350’s. :wink:

The Aspire 18350’s I’d ordered specifically for this build should be here Tuesday, the 20th, so this gives me some base figures for comparison to those “yellow jackets”. :smiley:

Edit: Uh, these numbers on the Ti X6 with Efest 20700’s are actually low, I forgot that I didn’t charge the cells after testing in the DBC-05. They’re at 78% and now charging…

Edit II: Freshly charged Efest 20700 cells give 27.84A for 14,283 lumens. Mindboggling…

So how are the Aspires?

The new Aspire 18350’s allow 15.44A for 9660 lumens in this Ti X6, which is about 1000 lumens less than the metallic dark purple Efest 18350.

I also compared the Aspire 18350 for it’s 1200mAh capacity in my DBC-04, a quad Ti/Cu build that is currently using an Efest 18500. The Aspire cell allows 10.6A in this light, while the Efest 18500 allows 14.5A.

The higher capacity of the Aspire will still be welcome in my Sinner EDC lights, so I’m still happy with the purchase even if not for my original intent.