Romisen RC-T601 vs. XinTD C8

The Keygos has a tactical bezel and tailcap and the Romi has that cigar grip rings.It is true that the Romi and Keygos are a lot cheaper than the XinTD, but a neutral XM-L would cost me $7-10 and a high PWM 3-mode driver $4-5... so that puts the high price of the Xin ($32) into perspective.

Build quality is good, the led is centered perfect and the light has a good feeling in your hand. I got the 2- mode High-100% Low-10% and I got cool white T6 1A overall I am very happy with the light. I’ve been pretty sick the past 3 weeks so I haven’t been outside alot…… sorry…

No worries mate, any inputs helpful so thanks for your thoughts, GWS.

Rikr, still not sure which you like best. If you can only grab one, which you grabbing?

The Keygos KE-5 would be the one I would grab. Ask Rick out of these 3 which one he would say is the brightest. Rick’s got a good Keygos KE-5 as well.

I had a buddy over last night, sometimes my eyes can’t tell a difference if they are very close.

This is how he saw it…
The RC-TC601 II barely out threw the XinTD
The 980L beats both of them but gets hot.
I am going to choose the XinTD for fit and finish and running temp.

I can’t make my mind up if I want the 2 or 3 mode. Low on the 2-mode is only 10%.

Is low on the 2-mode decent enough for a walking or close-up work light? Do you have any idea how long the average battery life is on high and low?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff,
Low still has enough light to do all that you need, no idea on battery life yet.
Rick

Well I will admit that I was wrong about the Keygos beating the UltraFire 980L. That 980L Rick has is one bad light now. I was truly impressed. And the finish is superb as well. I need one.

By how much and why is that? They both have the same emitter and reflectors of about the same size. Tailcap readings?

Well Rick’s UF980L beat my Keygos. It’s not always about the amps at the tailcap either.

What else is it because the emitters are the same and the reflectors are almost the same. You don’t have readings I take it?

I think it’s more variations between the lights than anything else. You might not have one of the brightest KE-5s. There’s a lot of variation with them.

My Keygos KE-5 beats Ricks Romisen T601. My KE-5 burns at over 3.5 amps.

That’s nice. MAXLUMENS2’s Romisen T601 beats his Keygos KE-5 and his UF-980L.

can anyone that has the xintd c8 tell me if the strobe is fast or is it slow?

I settled on the XinTD C8 two mode with neutral White-T6 3C.

I just ordered it on Friday.

Does Hank email the tracking number when he ships or do I need to bug him?

I can’t tell by your question if you paid for a tracking number. Unless you pay a few bucks extra you won’t get a tracking number. I’ve never paid the extra $ but would assume Hank gives you a link, but since you have to have an account, you might check there first. I love my XinTD but didn’t say anything since I don’t own the other lights to compare them. Enjoy! Now you have to wait 6 weeks plus or minus 2 weeks.

If you took registered shipping, Hank will tell you the tracking number in the email with the shipping notice.

Wow, including you ;) blinded own the XinTD? Awwwh man, maybe i should buy one too as a token of community spirit and solidarity.. :hat:

hay blinded, does the xintd have a fast or slow strobe?