Romisen RC-T601 vs. XinTD C8

Hi blueb8llz,
Just got your note. I ordered the 3 mode version without disco-dancing modes - I’m just not a very good dancer so they would be wasted on me :). Sorry I can’t answer your question. You could email Hank at intl-outdoor. He knows his products.

Hello Maestro!
kreisler - it’s a great light, but you probably already have a C8 that’s close enough. It’s a great size to carry and has a great beam for a medium-to-small sized light. That’s all subjective, though. It’s replaced my Cyclone as my most used light though I’ve avoided getting any really big lights because I’m worried they’ll be too cumbersome for me and will end up sitting on the shelf. Still, the TK70s calls….
Hey, it just occurred to me. Maybe I could rig up 3 XinTDs for a throw similar to the TK70. It would probably weigh less, too.

I have the new Romi rc t601 and I wouldn’t buy it again……unless of course you wanted to switch the driver to a E1320 5 mode w 3.5amp turbo. If you check the fine print on this light (from Shinning Beam) you will find a disclaimer that it will not switch back into low mode after the light has warmed up. That just isn’t acceptable in my books. I was told my only option was a return. A few hours later the disclaimer was posted on the Shinning Beam site. So, instead I turned to E1320. He fixed this sucker up and turned it into a formidable BEAST! I’m very happy with the light now, but buyer beware, this light is defective from the start and not worth the buy without the modify!

So no one can post wall beamshot (with lowered exposure) of both? :frowning:

I just received the Romisen RC-T601 with the U2 emitter. I must say I am very happy and impressed by it. The build quality is great and it throws very well. However I mostly use it on high so the defect about not being able to drop down to low power after running on high for an extended period wasn’t a deciding factor. With my light I have not experienced this problem as yet.

The way I see it, the UF-980L runs direct drive drawing close to 5A on high with the T6 emitter. Having a better reflector + direct driven emitter this will out throw the RC-T601 and XinTD C8.

The XinTD C8 and Romisen RC-T601 are both available with the U2 emitters offering more lumens per watt than the T6. With similar reflectors and power draw I can’t see there being much difference between them. As I don’t have a XinTD C8 I can’t compare but I can say this light is by far the brightest I own and I have zero complaints.

One thing I would be keen to try out is a direct driven U2 emitter in the UF-980L.

:slight_smile: