Ruger 10/22 fans?

yeah, I like my ruger 10/22. I got the composite stock and am still a little pissed that there are no sling mounts, or the ability to install any. Also, they now make threaded barrel 10/22's which have me more pissed. I spent a pretty penny on my 10/22 and it's gonna cost me more to get the features I want. Never-the-less. I enjoy my 10/22. I don't really care for this backpack model as there has always been that survival .22 rifle available, if that's your cup of tea.

had one of those springfield armory .410/22 hornet survival rifles. I sold it. I won't regret doing so until armageddon. probably not even then.

Thanks! That picture was taken before the finish was applied and I forgot to put the plastic butt plate on it for the picture.

[quote=duro]

yeah, I like my ruger 10/22. I got the composite stock and am still a little pissed that there are no sling mounts, or the ability to install any.

[/quote]

Composite stock? You mean synthetic or laminate? In any case you should be able to install sling swivel studs on your rifle. On the laminate stock you just carefully drill two holes into the stock and screw on a pair of studs. With the synthetic stock you pretty much do the same except that on the front you use the studs that attach with a nut in the hollow fore-end or use one of those front barrel bands with a sling swivel stud attached. If you have an early synthetic stock with "Ruger" emblazoned on the butt then I would not drill any holes in it as they're worth some money these days. I have a newer factory synthetic stock and I have no problems with drilling holes into it, but, I would not do it on an early one.

Finally looked at the vid… I’d almost rather take my ar than a 10/22 break down. So many options on an ar. They even have a pcp air gun upper crossman made recently, not to mention 9mm, 22, and much more. But I still got love for the 10/22, my build estimate is around 800 to 1000 as planned right now. Kidd threaded ss fluted barrel, around 260. Tactical inovations rear charging upper ran me 220 after transfer charge. Kidd 2 stage trigger is a little over 200 if I remember right. Then the stock, not sure exactly the one I want, but that’s running 160 up to over 400… Going for 160 if the place ever gets them back in stock… Oh yeah can’t forget the bolt… That’s over 100 easy. As I’m typing this I’m almost regretting starting this build. But Damn, over 10 years I’ve wanted to do a build on the 10/22… Only thing ruger… The clip

BTW guys, my great pyrenees was named 'Rembrandt' when I met him at the animal shelter.

Now he's named Ruger lol

Heres my old 10/22

My best guess is an ”Over All Lengh” issue with the 16” barrel on some state or fed level. Back in the day the Mini-Uzi sported a 20” barrel to meet Fed regs with stock folded. Standard Uzi had a 16” & maintained the old OAL requirement with stock folded. Possible CRS but a shotgun with an 18” barrel still must meet an OAL of 26”. Disclamer... I aint an attorney or legal beagle so do your own law studies.

yeah, when I checked, before cutting down my shotgun, it was 18 and 26 (so I made it 19 and 27)

I think like you. Figure that some LEO can't read a tape measure. Just think by putting on a badge can make one an instant firearms expert. Get this..... Had to show a Houston police officer how to unload my own lever action BL22 once so he could make sure I wasn't in possession of a loaded firearm to secure crime scene.

i'm more of a pessimist...and figured some of them might have a measuring stick that's a little short

Most Cops are just doing their best. The man I respected most was a LEO. My deceased father.

This is the same picture as above:

This is the same stock after a few coats of oil and the butt plate has been installed. I couldn't locate the scope for the picture.

keyword - most ;) I'm not worried about those ones. Most - actually all - have treated me very well. in fact they've let some pretty big stuff slide (probably because I always mention army service?) - but some of them aren't like 'most' of them...

nice job on the stock, although I really liked the greyish look w/ stainless. of course, I always like anything that's a bit different.

Wow! I like it!

I recently heard about the TD. Looks pretty cool. Will probably get the Marlin Papoose a run for it's money.

I have shot so many rounds through a 10/22. A 410 and a 10/22 were my first long guns. Funny, I haven't thought about a 10/22 in years . . .

nostalgiaFoy

Picked up an old Remington 550 from a pawn shop a while back for $85 out the door. A regular diamond in the rough that was filthy, appeared not cleaned since made in 1957 (also have 552 same year). This rifle has a unique feature, a floating chamber. It also is the only rifle I have ever seen to reliably cycle 22CB Shorts in semiauto. Pretty dang quiet. Not as quiet as Aguila Colibri but those won’t cycle. Own a couple of 10/22s over the years but they seem to almost disappear as someone wants them. There are more accessories for 10/22s than my wife has shoes and jewelry. Have a Rem 597 that looks similar but it ain’t a 10/22. It sure doesn’t shoot as well. Built like a M3 grease gun on the inside with the bolt riding on rods.

I live on Ruger Av. I could name my dog Ruger but shes a girl and only weighs three pounds.

what kind of dog weighs 3 pounds?! I thought 5 or 6 was the tiniest. Ruger's friend Franklin, and italian greyhound weighs ~12. What a riot to watch them play.