Rusty’s Starting Over Sale (30 Items Must Go)

With a very heavy heart, I’ve come to a conclusion as of late; it is time to start over in my illumination journey. I know too well that I’ll never be out of flashlights altogether, but I am going to have to batten down and make some changes, which will bring me to an eventual fresh start—although now, pragmatic concerns are at the forefront for me.

Before you’ve even read this post, I’ve plotted out how I’m going to gut my collection, leaving me with just 10 or 12 lights that I actually use. That number will grow again someday, yes, but not now. So the lights that have been given away or else sold to co-workers, friends, and family are already gone and not in this list. What remains I need to get rid of, so I am willing to sell the whole lot to one person if indeed someone wants it at a super discount, although I don’t expect that will work. After that, it’s a first-come-first-serve PM/PP delivery that determines who gets what.

Please understand, I don’t want any squabbling over who got what first. It’s just the nature of online selling that sometimes we aren’t the first ones to the punch. So what I’ll do is give preference for the first day to anyone who may want everything, and from there, go PM-to-PM and collecting payment before marking something as sold.

If you see some of the not-so-hot items, remember to make me an offer on several things as I’m anxious to get passed this. But whatever doesn’t sell will then be re-bundled so that everything will finally sell. These lights just aren’t getting the use they deserve, and so I’ve decided to give them new homes (all rates are CONUS).

So, here we go (right to left starting in the back and working up front)…

1) CLAIMED

2) Fandyfire X8: Can’t believe I’m getting rid of it. It’s still one of the brightest single emitter lights around, but I just don’t use it. Great condition. $20 shipped

3) CLAIMED

4) Trustfire TF-R2: This is the screw-in pill unit (but the stock R2 died, so it is just the host. Beware since I assumed like many did that any P60 pill can fit into these, but that is not the case. Many pills don’t screw in all the way, but also the tailcap spring came off, so that will need to be replaced. New, this is an expensive host and rather rare. $12 shipped

5) CLAIMED

6) CLAIMED

7) CLAIMED

8) Dorcy 2xAA 83 lumen torch: It’s beat to all hell and has a connection problem, but is designed to make a decent host. $1 shipped

9) CLAIMED

10) CLAIMED

11) UF C1 Host: In great condition, lightly used. Has the “strike bezel” which did a number on most pairs of pants I own and so I’m parting with it. $10 shipped

12) CLAIMED

13) Clone from Fasttech - TK21: 850 lumens (which is correct since it matches the genuine UF 980L step-for-step, but flickers a bit. Pretty throwy for a flooder, too, and a super-nice host. Large pill. Is just waiting to see some modder love. $17 shipped

14) CLAIMED

15) CLAIMED

16) CLAIMED

17) CLAIMED

18) CLAIMED

19) CLAIMED

20) CLAIMED

21) CLAIMED

22) CLAIMED

23) CLAIMED

24) CLAIMED

25) CLAIMED

26) CLAIMED

27) CLAIMED

28) 2 x Q5 XR-E drop-ins, new: Totally new. I just made sure they work. 5-modes, 230 lumens. The guy who ordered them never claimed them, so here they are. I believe they can handle 9 volts if memory serves. $10 for both shipped.

29) CLAIMED

30) CLAIMED

That’s enough for now. All items will ship within two to three days after purchase. If I am somehow late to respond, please do not worry. The new job requires a lot of me, and I am under a lot of stress still getting moved into the new place as expenses dauntingly rack up. And at the new location, I am a bit of a ways away from the “po-dunk” post office, but I’ll do my best to get them sent as quickly as possible and with tracking #’s.

One more thing…if you want to pay as a transaction instead of gift (I know PP doesn’t like it when we do it that way, but it’s your choice), please account for the fee they take out.

Thanx

Reserved.

$150 for the whole thing!

I’ll take the 5) Jacob A60: It speaks for itself. It’s damn hard to find a better thrower. $10 shipped

Price on SRK?

Joe I will take the trustfire 3xQ5 light and the 26650 charger. Send me your paypal address and will pay tonight. Thanks for the great deals and hope to see you stay active on the board.

Ill take #3,#10 and #17 = $38 shipped

Édit. Ill send pm for payment info and Hope you best of luck.

Wow nice collection. Sorry to see you have to sell them and hopefully it will be even better when you rebuild it. I’m interested in a light but don’t know which one. I’ll ship you a PM

i woudl have taken thwe jacobs, but noticed its already claimed. ( and wasnt sure if you included Canada as shipped option.

I’ll take #1, #23, and #30 please. PM sent.
—EDIT— If you can toss in #29 that would be great. Thanks.

I’ll take #19 the srk.

Pm me your PayPal!

I'll take the following;

7) Modded light: Small Sun C10: Stock, this unit is the furthest throwing aspheric in the budget realm. Out of the box, it will do 63,300cd. Modded by Tom E with 2 modes and a battery status mode, this one sports 86,700cd and is in super shape. I just don’t have a need for it. $20 shipped

15) Super Tactics Q5 XR-E thrower: This baby is BRIGHT! As bright or brighter than the Jacob A60! I don’t know why, but none of the others I’ve sold will match it! It is NEW, as in I’ve only tested it with a battery, but it has never been used. A guy nearly bought it, but decided he didn’t need it. So here it is. $11 shipped.

PM me your paypal email please.

I will take #6 (HD2010) and #25 (flashlight holder).

PM sent

I will take 9, 18 and 29 for $13

Pm sent

IE, spending my money already eh? thats only gone through three peoples hands tonight :wink:

nICE STUFF !!!

You know me... zero resistance to bright shiny things :p

If you still have it, I will take:

14) Shorted C12 XM-L2 U3 from Aliexpress: This one doesn’t come on when the tailcoat is screwed on all the way for some reason, but is bright when it can work. A great host nonetheless. $7 shipped

Will PM…

Wow, what a collection!
:open_mouth:

This site is like family. It really is. I can’t say enough about the many good people I’ve met here. For those who have asked, no, I’m not getting out of the hobby altogether. I know myself too well to ever attempt that, but there will be some dialing back for a while. I should be around all the same. Thanks so much for everyone’s concern.

I will take #19 as per my post.

PM sent.