S2+ 18350/16340 version and CR123 version

You really want me to be single, don’t you :stuck_out_tongue:

I also bought a couple. I hope a ring of 1 mm shiny copper wire between the head and the tube will do the trick.

You won’t need the wire. There’s a large unanodized section of threading at the head, so just back the tube out a turn or two and a protected 900 mAh KeepPower will work in an S2+ with a shorty tube, assuming it’ll fit the width. I’ve got one shorty that will, one that won’t. It’s not much though, could probably rewrap the cell and/or hone out the tube a bit. Watch your waterproofing though. Back it out too far and your oring may not fully seal. If thats a concern you can replace your driver spring with a brass button as was suggested a few comments ago.

Yes, but I prefer a nice shiny (more or less waterproof) ring instead of a gap. I also get a better electrical contact by tightening the assembly.

1. Can you put the S2 head on S2+short body? and if you can not,
2. Can you put the reflector and pill of S2 into head of S2+shorty?

the reflector of S2 is higher(deeper) than the reflector of S2+shorty, but pill of S2 i shorter than the pill of S2+shorty. More or less for a couple of milimeters you get the same height between reflector+pill of S2 and reflector+pill of S2+shorty. can someone please answer my question? i want to buy EDC flashlight for me and my friends, i love the size of S2+shorty but i want a “throw” of smooth deeper reflector of S2. Thank you for your answers!

Has anyone tried the short 18350 battery tube of the S2+ on any other flashlight (maybe the Uniquefire UF2100)? The blue 18350 tube on a black flashlight should looks really nice :)

Check and add info to the thread titled What Legoes with What?

Thank you hank. I played Lego only with Solarforce until now :)

wonderfull

Hi, just wondering if either of you have figured out an easy solution to fitting an 18500 into this shorty tube. (By “easy”, I mean using existing parts with minimal cutting/filing/machining.)
This is the best thread I’ve found on it so far, and I’m tempted to give this a go, but the mods are fairly extensive. It’d be nice if an S2 pill in the S2+ body would simplify things.
Here’s another - not a shorty mod, but adding a triple emitter and optic, which could be part of the shortening process.
One more mention on a nice-looking light, but very little detail of the process.

I don’t even have an S2+ yet, but my S1 is in the mail. :slight_smile: I figure I’ll play with carry that one (with short tube) for a while, see how I like it, and then maybe order up a shorty S2+ if I’m pretty confident I can mod it to fit an 18500.

TIA!

Since Simon’s Aliexpress store is down, I’m looking at the s2+ 18350 tubes from Banggood. Can I simply buy the red/blue middle tubes from Banggood and use them on a normal s2+ (18650/AMC7135*3) red/blue head and tail?

A post on page 7 mentioned some issues, but thats from Jan 2015.

AFAIK, it doesn’t matter whether you order the 18350 tubes from Simon or from Banggood. They all come from the same source: Convoy (aka Simon or AliExpress).

Richard at ME also has the red and blue tubes.

I’ve been debating whether to go this route or not on one of my S2+ lights. I like the idea of a shorter light for pocket carry but I’m trying to justify giving up so much capacity in the battery. I have an Nitecore SRT3 that I bought from Racer that has the tube that allows for a combination of choices (CR123, AA, 16340 or 14500) but the capacities are all in the same neighborhood either way. Doing it to an S2+ is a substantial difference.

For those that have this shorter S2+, how do you like it? Is it worth the trade off for you? If so, why? Thanks for your input.

:slight_smile:

I like the smaller light very much… Thing is, if I were to be using the light for two + hours a day, I would suck it up and carry the 18650 size… As it is, with 18350’s, I can make it easily all day at work, I use the light for about 1.5 hours a day at most…

The ease of carry makes up for the loss in capacity IMHO, not that the 18650 is a giant light anyway… With Simons new clip, you can reverse it and use the 18350 on a hat brim, 18650 is a bit unwieldy in that form…

It also takes 16340 batteries if that is all you have to try it with, so you do not need an 18350 to just try it out if you have any 16340 lights… For the money, give it a spin…

Thank you.

I do have 16340 for use in my SRT3 and a couple of other lights. I’ve never used 18350 before, what is the difference between that and the 16340? Any advantage one has over the other?

Thank you again.

The 18350 can have more capacity over the 16340, not a lot, but a couple of hundred ma is still better.

That’s about it…

Thank you :slight_smile:

i like it a lot. though it is not that small, atleast it can give me a (more than) 1000 lumens compared to my other single celled 18650 flashlight.
i edc it together with the sc62w and blf348.

Thank you :slight_smile:

thanks. The short red and blue 18350 tubes from Banggood have arrived. Each short tube comes with its own unlubed O-rings. No need to use the O-rings from long tubes.

Unfortunately, my blue and red S2+ are not here yet. Short tubes fit fine on a black S2+.