S2+ 18350/16340 version and CR123 version

Is this available with a full size nanjg with 8x7135?

i’m sure simon can, but you are only talking like 15-17 minutes on high before the battery needs to be recharged. 18350’s are only about 800mah. plus, it will probably get HOT to the touch as its’ such a small light.

Robby

http://m.banggood.com/Convoy-S2-1835016340-Version-71358-5-Mode-LED-Flashlight-p-966031.html

Yea, I would much rather buy from simon then bangbad.
Costs a couple dollars less from Simon too.

agreed. plus he’ll mod it an ship it as advertised.

Robby

Likely just a temporary issue. Simon has run into issues with aliexpress before. Email him. He also takes paypal orders by email.

Mail call!

Got my second convoy s2+ 18350 mini light. This one is my “Goldilocks” light. My first one is a t6-4c 7135*4 nang driver. Super chill, slightly warm neutral light. Really groovy out in nature. Perhaps a bit too warm for indoors.

Just got the same light with a t6-3b tint and a 7135*5 driver, 3 mode (ditched the strobe and sos). It’s glorious! Totally dig it. You can’t even get a beat on the tint until you shine a u2-1a next to it and then your like” blech!“. Neutral white all day long!

any luck about the battery tube ?

i’m pretty sure i have this sorted out. i was playing around with both my versions of this light (7135*4, T64C and 7135, T6-3B)… and i got the tail caps mixed up!

pretty sure the one with the thicker battery spring goes with the 7135*5 light. simon just removed once of the chips out of a 7135*6, so it’s the 105c driver with the short pill spring, not the “enclosed” 101 driver with the bigger spring, like with my 7135*4 light… so i’m assuming the 7135*5 light uses a thicker tail spring to make up for smaller spring on the pill?

the light worked either way.

Robby

Is the short tube also fitting in the former S-line lights?
I have an “old” s2 and S8 which have interchangeable parts, a short tube would be a cool thing to play with…

Does this only exists in grey or have I overseen other colors?

no it dont fit,nether the button part or the head.you just can use the old pill in the shortie.

Thanks for the clarification.
I wondered why I don’t already have a shorty tube, but that seems to be the reason…

I have one…it was my EDC until I got the new BLF A6….might need to make me some of the Wight FET 1 drivers and flash TK’s firmware to it….I REAAAAALY like that new custom firmware and driver…and the small S2 fit PERFECTLY in my pocket and worked INCREDIBLY well!

Found out Keeppower 900 protected 18350 does not fit into my s2+. So now I’m either ending up with extra host or extra battery …lol

Does the driver you’re using have low voltage/discharge protection, so you can use an unprotected cell in it?

I was asking myself :
If I buy a short S2+, but replace the pill with an S2 pill (shorter) do you think that a 18500 battery could be used ?
If so, you have the best of the 2 worlds, shorty S2+ with higher capacity (18350 vs 18500)

thats a bummer. bought 4 of those. :frowning:

Can't let batteries go to waste...now have to buy flashlight(s) that can use them :)

The springs do not compress flat, so try something like this:

I’ve looked at using a S2 pill in an S2+ for similar reasons. My S2+ pill is about 13mm. I found what I believe is an S2 compatible pill on KD that is listed at 8.5mm. The difference isn’t nearly enough to account for the difference in those batterie’s lengths. But that made me wonder if it might work for a triple — without the spacer. But after looking at the specific lengths involved, it looks like that won’t add enough room either.

Note, I’m assuming the short S2+ uses the same pill as the regular S2+