Samsung LH351D 5000k 90CRI LED $0.74 with Free Overnight Shipping

Just checked, Yelp deal is over.
I do see that some of the LH351C’s are around $1.40 but I don’t know what they originally were priced.

Wow, good catch. I threw 4 of these in a S41S last night and really, really like them. Quite bright and seem to run cooler. I was in a rush because it was late. So take my observations with a grain of salt. Also, I’m not a good judge of tint and cri. There was just the slightest hit of green in the corona, but I need a white wall and have to pay attention to see it. Too faint to bother most folks IMHO. Nothing like the LH351K 4K tint at low levels. To me the color rendition and tint are better than the 219C 90CRI that came stock with the S41S. This might become my new favorite emitter. I wish I had bought a bunch now at 34 cents. I may have to by more at 80 cents for 25 pieces.

Why are these cheaper than the LH351D 5K 90CRI? I must be missing something.

Thanks for the alert eas. And again, thank you moderator007 for the initial alert.

>https://www.arrow.com/en/products/sphwhtl3d50ge4rtmf/samsung-electronics
[/quote]

They were .34 cents.

Yep. That’s the original price of their LH351D 90 CRI stocks that I have been seeing for weeks. I bet Arrow noticed the sudden spike in sales of their LH351s these last few days. Thanks to the good people of BLF. Haha

I’ve just got an email from Arrow Electronics. They want me to sign some documents and send it back within the nearest 30 days.

I just wonder if anybody had already signed similar documents and/or if it help if I call and confirm that I’m just a regular buyer and not an owner/worker/representative of any related company/business.

Haven’t been paying attention lately; how do these compare to the Cree and Nichia offerings?

WhitedragonBC - It’s hard to compare directly, but based on minimal lumen output values from Samsung data sheet:

LH351C 5000K CRI90
SPHWHTL3D50GE4RTMF
250-310 lumens @ [700mA, 85℃]

Means, that in worst case scenario you have a led similar to Cree XP-G2 bin R3.

Following this thread days ago, doubtately missed the sale.

Ended up ordering 3x SPHWHTL3D50GE4RTMF LH351C emitters plus an XPGDRY-L1-0000-00501 royal blue XP-G3 special request for a friend.

Hope those LH351C emitters do dedome and throw well.

Cheers ^:)

The free shipping looks like it is still available.

Not real sure what that’s all about. I did have a electronic supplier contact me one time saying they would not fill my order until I called and verified who I was. I was like “what”, I think it was some kind of terrorist watch. I called them and they said they had to make sure of my name and location as they had a name that was similar on a watch list. That’s all the info they would give me, but they did ship my order and haven’t had it happen again. I guess to build some of these devices they (you know who) look to see who’s buying stuff at electronic suppliers. :zipper_mouth_face:

This is the LH351C in a C8 beside a BLF-348. It’s well… green. Noticeably green beside a stock BLF Q8 too. Output is slightly higher than the 4000K LH351D it replaced (665 vs. 650 turn-on lumens with VTC6).

Well, that looks pretty green indeed. Well, for that price it was well worth the gamble :slight_smile:

LH351D also looks bad (big green corona) with a large SMO reflector like the one from the C8. Maybe better results with optics and possibly minus green filter?

Is that the SPHWHTL3D50GE4RTMF or the SPHWHTL3D50GE4RTKF?

^

In my case, the "...MF". I haven't tried one in a reflector, but the green tint in the corona of a S41S was very faint. Now, I think I'm partially color blind because I do poorly on those color sorting tests. So I'm looking forward to what others find.

PS: I should note that I replaced the AR coated lens with an uncoated lens when I did the swap.

They’re SPHWHTL3D50GE4RTMF, the higher binned ones that were on sale for $0.34, so not a huge loss really. I’m curious to see how everyone else gets on with them and the results of any testing maukka does.

These came from the EU warehouse.

Unboxing:

That is some… safe packaging. :open_mouth:

Holy God… That’s like something out of a Bugs Bunny car2n.

Get them from The Usual Places and they’s just be mummified in bubble-wrap and packing-tape and stuffed into a small plastic envelope.

My box was only 1'x1'x5"