Sanrenmu Ming Ren 910 plus

Well……. :~ Glad I was able to watch this.

That Ming Ren is so not worth the money. Maybe not worth $10!
I do love my EL-02 as much as Joben.

And I wanted it bad to ! Now I want one of those fake Striders on Alliexpress!

link?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/FREE-shipping-CNC-Carving-G-10-Handle-Strider-SMF-Folding-Pocket-Knife-ST44/708072643.html

they dont even dance around it, just blatant bootleg haha
does look pretty decent though. have you found any reviews?

Just the ones on Alli . I am going to gamble some day.

OK. Looks there’s a few on there for 16.99 and up. No way of knowing consistency…

That is a less painful gamble than $35 for the MingRen 910.

One has 30 reviews!

How many are legit? I have to wonder

I am thinking that the real striders are made in USA, but I cannot find that written anywhere?Humm . just that they are an american owned company.

Here:

This is my modified Opinel No. 10 :)

No no no…. I meant legit reviews haha

Real stryders are definitely made in USA. They were mil issue for a time.

Might be some on youtube.

I like the knife reviewers that take these Chinese knives and "Review" them till they break and then state how dangerous they are to use. "I only had to stab this rock this rock three times in order to break this blade" "the lock will fail if you slam the back of the blade over and over again" "that would cut all of your fingers"

I wouldn’t bother with one of those knock off striders mate, they sometimes get confiscated depending what part of the world they’er sent to because they are named as a strider, the customs offices get notified about counterfeit goods so you lose your money that way when they seize them. But the SRM knives have been getting more and more decent quality and the Bee / ganzo and Enlans are just as good. I have a Ganzo G704, which when i got it was more than surprised by the build quality and i use an SRM 962 original and have done for a few years now, i made it into a blended secondary edge convex with flat bevels quite a while ago and it made a world of difference. I would say though the blades are really hard to keep sharp until you get about a half mm back from the edge they come with, but once done they are great a keeping an edge that’s why i convexed the edge on my 962.

I’ve got couple of those fake ~$18 Striders folders, the ones without the lock bar stop. There seems to be two variations of the blade and the handles have different texturing/colors. I’ve never held a Strider so the following are just my impressions from this knife.

I don’t notice any blade play in the ones I got. They were fairly sharp out of the box. Sliced paper with it just fine (touched it up a bit with a strop and it’s much better). Pivot was fairly tight, but it’s loosened up to be smoothly working over time. Blade is slighltly off center. They are heavy and because of that they also feel very solid. I haven’t really used it hard for anything; basically a package opener and cardboard cutter use is my daily. I more or less just picked it up for the looks.

The only thing I didn’t like about it is that if you clipped it to your pocket, it was very hard to pull it out. It’s because the lock bar indent catches the raised portion of the seam at the opening of your pocket. The pocket clip is very strong and it’s a fight to get the knife unclipped. You’ll end up wearing out your pocket quite quickly. I fixed mine by grinding down a portion of the lock bar where it catches. Easy fix if you have a Dremel.

I don’t know which model of Strider that this is copy of. Maybe it’s a copy of an earlier model SNG? The more expensive fakes have that lock bar stop, while this one doesn’t. Overall I’m quite content with this knife for $18.

I bought the two variations below (I didn’t purchase from these vendors, I’m only using these links to show the pictures).

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/FREE-shipping-New-8-CNC-Black-G-10-Handle-Strider-SMF-SNG-Folding-Pocket-Knife-ST22ST22/424395900.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/FREE-shipping-New-8-CNC-Black-G-10-Handle-Strider-SMF-SNG-Folding-Pocket-Knife-FD02/805986912.html#

Thanks. I don't need another knife but ....you know how that goes.

BTW if anyone wants a kick-ass folder? I recommend the Ontario RAT I and II. Great knives for the money!

yeah don’t you love the over the top torture tests? makes for entertaining viewing, but I don’t know how useful they really are. I don’t intend to use a folder when I should use a fixed blade or a pry bar! :stuck_out_tongue:

thanks for the input on the stryders all. that would suck if customs nabbed them! for less than $20 I guess it’s not a huge risk…. but I might just go with a RAT II like you said - they are awesome for the money.

I think you must see this video (fake strider)

From the thread: Somebody has tested a fixed knife from fasttech that worth the money?