SC53c N: Dedomed measurements vs Original

So I dedomed a SC53c N with the 519a emitter. Here are the measurements I got:

The CCT is compared to the original one:

So I imagine a lot of people will consider this to be too warm and prefer the stock version. I would be curious to see how the results of slicing go, although that is considerably more difficult that demoing on the 519a. The initial testing with 14500 that another poster is positive and seems to work just fine and I am also curious about runtimes and heat. The output seems to increase a lot more than with the sc5c MKII LE.

1 Thank

thanks for sharing info…
Im confused by the links… can you summarize for me:

what was the cct and tint duv?
before and after dedoming the 519a 4000K

2 Thanks

Nice, thanks man !

1 Thank

Sure here’s the data:

Domed:
1677 lux, 3627 CCT, 97.1ra, -.002
1333 Lux, 3611 CCT, 97.2ra, -.0021
18 Lux, 3608 CCT, 97.2ra, -.003

Dedomed:
4691 Lux, 2815 CCT, 96.5ra, -.0068
469 Lux, 2755 CCT, 95.9ra, -.0073

I can take specific measurements of dedomed if you want but can’t put the cap back on again ;). I trust my Opple in that if a tint looks above the BBL, it measures that way and vice versa. Someone else measured a stock one today and it was slightly above BBL. I think dedomed cleans up the corona and adds some throw like most of the other lights. It had a yellowish corona like all the other Zebralights and now it has a nicer spot.

I think you’ll find this light getting into your rotation Jon, it seems right up you alley. Early reports say that 14500 are just fine as long as the button height is ok.

1 Thank

thanks, thats a nice duv range
congrats on your new zebra

1 Thank

there might not be any LVP…
more details here

new info: protected 14500 fit

Comment about putting the dome back on…

I’ve successfully used silicone caulking to add back a partial dome and “tune” the CCT. Basically, if you add silicone, it acts like a sliced dome. I used mineral spirits to thin the caulking so it could be spread evenly and smoothly. I’ve used it on a 519A dedome and for adding height back to a sliced dome.

When doing my slicing and dedoming tests, if the dedome was a little too warm when I was done testing, I added silicone back to bring the CCT up. Also, the beams in the hosts I used for testing preferred a little more dome (height) for optimal focus.

The stuff I used is GE Clear Silicone Caulk. It is rated to 400F once dried. I tried it with up to 3A drive with no discoloration. Give it a try. It is easy to remove if you don’t like the result.

FB