Scam - Nitecore TM15 for $39 on Ebay?

I strongly disagree that we should mark this post as spam. For starters, it doesn’t actually qualify as spam according to the rules. More importantly, it’s useful knowledge into how these ebay scams work and how to protect yourself against them.

I wonder how many people on here ordered after seeing this post?

Cool coin, edc. I have one too...

I wonder which one the OP will get?

Well, honestly, I did order one for $27 :slight_smile:
It’s not that I’m that much of a flashaholic - I am happy with a tiny Ultraok in my pocket.
I made it out of interest what it will be - nothing, fake, rejects, coins, high quality chinese soil - make your bets.
One guy on fonarevka forum said he once got coins instead of a cheap WD drive.
Anyway, $27 is not a great loss.
I ordered it the day before yesterday, now it’s marked as shipped with tracking number RA516574884CN.

The guys from CPF will be the first to report about deliveries - it usually takes a month or more to get it in the country of balalaikas and bears.

UPD: congrats, Ebay reported the seller is not a registered user and listing is removed. Still there’s time to track what’s en route.

I can do you one better - I'll ship you a coin for only $19USD.

I prefer yuans lol

What are these coins?
is that the official Chinese currency?

PayPal don’t give you the money back immediately, they will wait until we have our coins.

I found another one: $16.98, free shipping :bigsmile:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nitecore-2450-Lumens-LED-Flashlight-Tiny-Monster-w-4-Batteries-Charger-TM15-/290852304342?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item43b825f5d6

Just saw that, for 17 bucks why not. LOL

Tnx I know that Paypal will refund anyway. I didn’t apply for the refund yet - that’s not fair game even if we know that. I want to see what’s in there. You may call it a lottery :slight_smile:

I have bought, seller is removed, and I don’t get money back immediately!
I have to wait, until this thing is clear.
Also is my package shipped and something is on the way to me. Departed last week.

Me too… Paypal is stalling a bit, perhaps based on the fact that the vendor has given a (probably fake) tracking number. It’s a little annoying that it’ll take a bit more time to settle, but I don’t really mind. I’m a little more annoyed that Paypal seems to be so inconsistent.

Why not?

Because it's 100% a scam, and it drives up the PP/eBay fees for all of us.

The tracking number is likely a fake. It is a “electronic notification” and ebay knows it. Some have received empty envelops from scammers. If you see tracking progress, you can video the opening of the package.

It is very simple: call ebay’s 800 number. Have your computer open when you do so you can give the proper numbers.

within a few minutes you will have your refund, especially when it says “no longer registered member”;

Ebay has had more than 1200 of these purchases in the past 2 weeks and have shut them the chinese scammers.

The 100% feedback they have is on generally small scale items (low priced) and they are betting that for $30-$40, the buyer scammed will not make the effort to call ebay and see it through.

Don’t let them win. Call. If you don’t have your money refunded immediately, ask for a supervisor.

And again the tracking number is no fake, there is a real package on its way and because of that we have to wait…
Could be that you had another seller who hasn’t sent a package but the here posted seller has it made like I say.

quote Ebay
If you already paid for the item, we recommend that you wait 10 days from the expected delivery date to see if the item arrives.
unquote

So let’s just wait and see

It’s your money.

I am aware of ebay’s response, but if you actually call, you will see how cooperative they are. I had the same 10 day wait reply but I didn’t wait.

My tracking number actually had delivery!

Instead of a flashlight for $39, I got a “Miami Heat” livestrong rubber bracelet!

I had gotten the refund, immediately, over the phone, weeks ago. (I thought that the $39 flashlight was going to be a knock off of the Tiny Monster and knew that with paypal I could get a refund if not satisfied. )

But don’t wait; call the ebay customer service line. They were great.

If you wait for delay, I suggest you video tape (iPhone) the package opening, so you have proof. The package sent to me was tiny, and about the lightest imaginable, to save the scammers money.

Rather than lose any money, it is the scammer who lost money since scammer paid to send over tiny envelop with rubber bracelet.

Mwahaha, let’s see what we’ll get :slight_smile:

Look why these guys registered pretty long time ago and have good feedback and now they add a scam item knowing they will be banned? I don’t understand the point.

I think these scammers can still make money as not so many people are so informed to make paypal dispute and also have no ideas what is in for the buyer