Search and Rescue Torch

I gave the Bushnells a look once upon a time. Turns out they aren’t really 30mm. The 30mm is just a piece of plain glass on the front. Inside there is a 22mm objective lens. So less than optimum light gathering.
The deal killer for me was the “auto focus”. Which means there is no focus adjustment. Could not get my eyes to work with them.

Hadn’t seen those Orion glasses before. Like that they focus. I have used a 2X teli-converter that some stargazers have recommended on their forums to make basically the same sort of thing. Really pulls in the light, but a little low powered for what I was thinking about.

Just raided my binoc cupboard and came up with pair of 6x32 and a 7x50. Strapped on a C8. Think this might actually be a useful thing if a better mounting system could be arranged.
All the Best,
Jeff

Perhaps a better option would be a SBT 90.2 thrower with a flip up diffuser for close work?

Might want to look at the Manker mk37

Ooh, Orions? Really nice. Got an old pair of 10×50s that are crystal clear, like having the whatever sitting 5’ in front of you.

7mm exit pupil really only matters for younger users, like under 25 from what I understand. As we get older our pupils get smaller.

is it time to start a binoc thread?
i have too many of those, too.
it is only money.