Selfbuilt's Emisar D1 review

It’s been a few months since my last review - life got busy. :slight_smile: But I’m back, with a long overdue review of Hank’s Emisar D1 pocket thrower.

Emisar D1 review

The D1 is a high-quality light built as a compact thrower, and running on a single 18650/18500/18350 battery. Features a wide range of customizable options, and uses the sophisticated Anduril user interface.

Although the Osram W1 emitter I selected (for max throw) is not as efficient as many of the other other options available, it is an outstanding thrower.

Check out the full review for details.

6 Thanks

Nice review.

Is this an old light or a new one.

I bought it last summer. This configuration is still readily available on Hank’s site.

You have the best reviews I have seen. You put a lot of work into it.

Sorry if I missed it but which driver is this?

Thank you for review!!
Cheers

1 Thank

5A linear

Thanks for that. I’ve been thinking these reviews are getting too long, but it was a super nice light to test (and use!). It’s one of my new favourites.

1 Thank

I don’t have the specifics, but I know its a linear driver with this emitter (and most of the others). Hank would substitute a boost driver if you went for one of the high output/high voltage emitters (not sure why people would select that in this build, but it is an option).

Great review, many thanks!

My D1 V1 with 4000K XPL-Hi is still one of my most used lights, the form factor is really good, I’m pleased Hank still sells these lights.

1 Thank