SFN55.2, SFQ55, SFN60, SFQ60, SFS80 and SFH55 LED info

Something big arrived via mail today

Who makes these LEDs?

san’an optoelectronic allegedly

That big one is the SFP55 it’s in the Lumintop Rattlesnake light. Need a lot of power to run it!

I asked Lumintop if I could buy one and they said yes :innocent:

Planning on putting it into a modded 4x18a

Trying to figure out if it’s 3v or 6v or 12v LED. That would determine the driver. I’m sure you could direct drive it at either 3 or 6 volts though, but with huge power draw.

It’s 3V and it’s rated to 68A of current draw

I am curious how much they charged for it. I have found a taobao seller (Fujian Changda Optoelectronics Co. Ltd) that has all these relatively mysterious LEDs available in multiple variants (even 3000k 80cri) and the prices are pretty cheap (pretty much all these ultra high power LEDs are around $5).

I bought an SFH55 from their store for a future project 3x21A, hopefully it shows up.

19$ shipped
So I don’t really feel ripped off

Sounds reasonable for a single special order LED. Were you able to try installing it on a light?

Not yet
The very thick MCPCB makes it very difficult, additionally the 4x18a does have a cut out for a different MCPCB size.

So I kinda need to grind the SFP55 MCPCB down a bit and shorten the reflector a tiny bit and enlarge it’s opening at the bottom

I wonder if the SFP55 can fit the SBT90 footprint, they’re only slightly different, it could make the swap much easier.

I was going to do an SFH55 3x21A hotrod but that is on hold, as there is no suitable high-current Anduril driver for it, but at least the LED should work with all the original light’s components.

Do you have any datasheet for the SFP55 that shows the footprints?

I’m also a bit scared since the Sa’an LED’s feel a bit fragile due to their soft silicone covering

It is an 11x11 footprint, I don’t have the datasheet but I have an image from the taobao listing.

Doesn’t fit SBT90.2 MCPCBs.

The thermal pad of the SFP55 is longer than the distance between the cathode and anode pad of the SBT90.2

1 Thank

Has anyone seen a SFH55 with yellow substrate instead of the regular white one before?

1 Thank

I have a few of the SFH55.2 but have yet to achieve more than 34.4A to one. Thinking about trying one in a very large reflector (slightly larger than a GT, scratch built light) but am not in a position to dedicate that level of effort. Previous jobs taking the little remaining time before hip surgery.

An interesting emitter for sure. Who knew an 25S 18650 could push 34A? And in a small X6 no less! :slight_smile:

Did it come inside a light? It might be different depending on the CCT.

mateminco pd90s

1 Thank

How is the tint on it? Thinking of ordering a PD90S myself, but the new revision LED means the reviews aren’t going to be accurate.