SFT-40 3000k Warm White released. Tests??

The SFT-40 looks pretty neutral to me! At least when comparing to the greenish LH351D.
I’m sold! Thank you

2 Thanks

Yeah it definitely is pleasant. Imo it plays the “you thought this was a super bright incandescent? NOPE” role pretty well lol

Maybe I missed it, but are there any tests of a neutral SFT40… something in the 5000k range?

FB

2 Thanks

dual channel tint ramping SFT40 when?

Lol, I’m personally not aware of anything in that range

:point_up:🫨

The NiWalker ES3 with one of the SFT 40 modules swapped to to a 3000k SFT40 would be a tint ramping dual SFT40 available now.

https://www.niwalkerlight.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=95

I’m tempted to order a second SFT40 module for mine and try it (if I could find 3000k SFT40 in stock anywhere to buy that is…)

1 Thank

They are in stock at KD, restocked a couple hours ago.

Already out of stock, someone must be keen!

Yeah, people go FOMO on these. Reddit buys them a dozen lol. Check out This post.

I bet somebody bought like 500

3 Thanks

519A next to LH351D is so drastic, LH351D looks piss yellow here, SST20 would have to have some minus green filtering to make it look less green… Sofirn is using the worst bins of LH315D lately.

It’s hard to judge the tint given the SFT40 is not using the same type of reflector, it looks better than LH351D at least.

1 Thank

I’ve been lucky with the LEDs I’ve gotten lately in my lights.

2 lh351ds in sp10pro and sc21miniboth have a nice tint.

I also got sst20 6500k that I had really low expectations about, but that actually looks just white and surprisingly good. Cooler white than I really like, but not blue, and not green, just white.

Ditto for an sst40 in a td02 I was sent to review. I was expecting green horror like the few previous sst40s I’ve seen, but it was actually pretty good and again mostly just white. A hint of green in the spill but really mild with the tir I think.

It was a pleasant surprise to get decent tint in those LEDs

On 4th October there were some of these in stock again. I bought some of them on this day. Some days after my order the product listing disappeared completely.

I’m waiting for my KD order. It just left China after bouncing around for about a week. So I expect to see them in another week.

I’ve been really wanting a proper warm thrower, I put a 519a 2700K DD in a C8 but for me it just didn’t have enough punch to use as for throw.

Test is here!

3 Thanks

Awesome! Thanks!!

Available again at KD

Link

1 Thank

Shows “only 0 left”. Guess they’re all gone again already!

Then the listing will probably be gone very soon…

I’ve managed to snatch a couple. Now the long waiting game begins.