Shadow JM07 PRO - T6 3C available

It has been a few weeks since I got this light and I'm actually surprised this light has fallen off the radar for the most part. It absolutely wonderful. After the adjustment to the switch boot, I've had a hard time finding anything else to complain about.

The most amazing part to me is how bright it is. For a XM-L on 2.4-2.5A and only a 40ish mm diameter head* this thing has a hotspot that has to be getting close to 20kcd (I am just guestimating, I haven't actually measured it but it looks to have a brighter hotspot that lights I've test at 15-17k). The heat transfers well and the output shows. The tint is just barely noticeably warm. It has great ergonomics (particularly for bigger hands) and nice knurling.

I charged a King Kong 26650, put it in the JM07 PRO, and ran it for 1:53 on high while tailstanding until the lo voltage warning kicked in. I picked it up a couple times and it was quite hot, but manageable if not holding onto the head/fins. It would be very possible to hold the light for the nearly 2 hours on high. :)

I wish I liked my new SC600w half as much as I like this light.

*The diameter of the head is not much bigger than the reflector. That sounds obvious, but proportionally to other lights, this one looks like they really made the most of the space they had.

im really hoping i can get my hands on the stone white after xmas. i dont think i have seen a shadow i dont like. glad to hear more positive review on them

Yeah, and the King Kongs are good. Hanks actually included another KK 26650 in the box for me, and it tested to 4533mAh at 1A (first one IIRC i got 4525mAh). I set 2.60V on IMAX B6, but UT-58E shows exactly 2.826V termination while discharging/loaded, which I have verified 4X (!!) and it cut at exactly 2.826V or 2.827V, exactly at the same spot. The voltage accuracy on the UT-58E should be pretty accurate.

Haven't tested the LV cut on the JM07, but i guess it's ~ 3.0V for this one (a little high and on the safe side but that's ok)

It's a pity that grey colour is not available anymore :( I ordered several days ago and I will get black one :(

cnqualitygoods still has grey right? And it's slightly cheaper if you wanna go by unregistered post. (pretty ok for my country)

As far as I can see on buying options you have either black or stone white to choose from?

I have a grey one on the way. I guess it was from the earlier batch? Hopefully it is free from any of the above mentioned problems.

Mitro, as I always tell people, the eyes can be pretty deceiving even with the hotspots side by side. As gcbryan would tell you, even with 2 hotspots directly side by side, the one which you are looking at would be dimmer than the other one beside it which is in your peripheral vision, because that hotspot is is striking cells which are more sensitive....in astronomy this is called averted vision. You can do a test, move your vision to that brighter hotspot and you will find that the other hotspot is the one looking brighter. This is very evident on a white wall. And this is why flashaholics need to buy a light meter which is even useful for reading comparisons on a relative scale - I mean if we folks here are talking about things to such accuracy like 2.2 amps vs 2.5 amps, and TF Flames are 2000mAh (piss poor), 2200mAh as poor and 2400mAh as average. Smile You cannot use your eyes, even though it might not make much of a diff in real life. (heck seriously it's not a day-and-night difference between my 1.2 million and 3.8 million cd searchlight).

I just measured mine (tail gets me 2.4 something amps). Throw is 12.3k cd raw figure, corrected would be around 14k thereabouts. Mine is T6 3C, but shouldn't be that far away from cold white as on a ceiling bounce i get good figures as compared to T6 1A/1C.

Where to buy unexpensive and good quality light meter?

2100: Somehow I missed your latest post until today. I don't recall now how I came to think that it had more lux than the other lights I was thinking of (my XM-L C88 and 980L) but I was clearly wrong. My C88 is ~17k and when I put the JM07 next to it there was no doubt the C88 hotspot was brighter. It wasn't a matter of my eyes playing tricks on me, just a case of me being not too bright. :p

No worries mitro.

My JM07 Pro Stone White arrived today after a entire month on the post.

But my 26650 was deep descharged (3.1V) and it's still sleeping on the WP2:

Does anyone have any beamshots of the JM07 Pro? I wanted to pick up the Stone White in the warmer tint but I cannot find a single beamshot anywhere for this light.

I've just added a few shots on my review for this flashlight at forolinternas:

http://www.forolinternas.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3067

Left: JM07 Low-Med-Hig Right: UF C3 -Balder SE-1 XM-L T6 (CW) - Modded EDI-T T29 With SMO reflector and XM-L U2 (CW) @2.6A

That shadow is bright, just don't like the stone white colour.

Thank you very much. Now I just have to figure out how to get it with the black switch boot that's shown in some of the pictures at int outdoor store instead of that green one that seems to come with it :)

Although it is 17mm, you can replace it with a standart 14mm black switch boot, it's easy.

If you're ordering this from intl outdoor, maybe they can do it for you. Ask Hank. They're really friendly sellers

UPz, I've sent you a PM

Anyone have idea how to remove driver? My NW JM07pro is only at 2.4A at tailcap, it is not much light, I would like to change it, but can't remove the driver...

Can’t wait , just ordered jm07 pro T6 1A in black . Too bad they discontinued gun metal:-(