Shadow JM07 - The Perfect Cycling Light?

Thanks for that update on mounting the big lights. When you say bigger light, you are talking about the stubby type that hold 3 (18650s) and/or 3 (26650s)???

It should hold a single cell 26650 light without bouncing.

Also, on the modding the two fish, you mean adding another one??

As you can see, I am eating this up!! Wink

p60 host with extension tube (2x18650) did bounce in terrain (in the woods)

single 26650 light should be fine, just mount it right after the head in the balance point of the light

by modding I meant strapping the velcro not inside the holes in the mount but around it to keep the rubber squeezed all the time

if you need better explanation, I will make a video tutorial and make a separate thread :)

I got all of that!! Wink

For right now, the biggest I will be mounting on my bikes will be single 26650 lights. I even got one of those cheapo 3x cree single 26650 lights ordered. As far as the DRY types flashlights, I want one bad.. Wink But, might be a little tough mounting it on a road bike, and STILL keep the cool looks.. Also, for the moment, I am not into the multi-cell lights as they would be too long to mount on my bikes, and they would look too long too.

Big thanks for the feedback,

HI, We Ask the help. Test or review Shadow VG10 vs N-light ST50 vs Shadow JM07 and Beamshots.

I want to buy Shadow VG10, I not find his(its) review. want to see comparative photo beamshots.

as you consider good flashlight Shadow VG10 ? compatible Panasonic 18650 Protected ? or only UnProtected ?

Excuse me for my english.

I am thanked you for help.

Your English is perfectly understandable, larts.

Welcome to the club!

Hi, larts and welcome to BLF. Your English is just fine, I get the gist of what you are asking for. I have not seen any reviews or even heard of anyone that has purchased the Shadow VG10, although it looks like a nice light. Dimensions are just about exactly the same as a Solarforce L2P, but with an Orange Peel reflector. It looks to be a mini version of the JM07 with corresponding lower rated lumens and no doubt shorter run time and throw.

A comparison of the three lights? Can't help you with the VG10 but they all seem pretty much different and unique. JM07 is a work horse for me. Nice wall of light, good throw, long run time, but it's heavy. It is noticeably brighter than the ST50 when viewed together. ST50 is a much smaller form and would be more suited for every day carry, or putting in a pocket or using as a helmet light. I can at least post indoor beam shots for the JM07 and ST50 sometime this weekend.

As for batteries, I prefer protected 18650 batteries. My favorites are Xtar 2600mAh, Hi-Max 2600mAh or Solarforce 2400mAh. I also have Trustfire 3000mAh and a set of Callie's Kustoms 3100mAh. The Xtar's do not fit in the ST50 (too long), however, all other batteries fit fine.

For 26650, I have King Kong ICR4000mAh unprotected cells. Good recap of 26650 batteries here. If you go protected, just make sure they are going to fit and flat tops will require some kind of contact spacer like a magnet.

Thank you. Yes, I understand that in a complicated way to find the person beside which there is all three flash-lights. I wanted to see at least photo of the light made on street by means of Shadow VG10. All photo that I saw were made by shop and can be not valued adequately. The Photo from seller more looks like advertisment. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=10704075426&tracelog=n_eshop_goods_pop_taobao&templateid=9b4d691f02 BetweenRides, shall pleased if you will be able to show what or photo in comparison JM07 and ST50.
I all much want Shadow VG10 faith that who that will be able to do the photo of his(its) light on background other flash-light. The Seller has said that ST50 on quality exceeds Shadow VG10 but I in the same way interest your opinion. BetweenRides, Say Beam distance N-light ST50 vs Shadow JM07 ? N-light ST50 = 620lumens Real?; Shadow XM-L JM07 Brightness: 800 lumens Real? possible if Shadow XM-L JM07 = Brightness: 800 lumens Real? possible and Shadow VG10 real Brightness: 686 lumens ?

Thank you for help.

I'll try to answer your questions one at a time:

"All photo that I saw were made by shop and can be not valued adequately. The Photo from seller more looks like advertisment. http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?"

- I agree and am always leery of vendor photos. That's why we do reviews... Smile

"The Seller has said that ST50 on quality exceeds Shadow VG10 but I in the same way interest your opinion."

- Both are nice quality lights, but I would give the edge to the ST50, particularly on finish and also it is a much heavier (for it's size) and thicker materials, quality of threads, switch, etc. Hikelite also has this light and the N-Light ST60 - Perhaps he will weigh in on quality. I would put the quality up there with some of the best Solarforce lights I own.

"BetweenRides, Say Beam distance N-light ST50 vs Shadow JM07 ? N-light ST50 = 620lumens Real?; Shadow XM-L JM07 Brightness: 800 lumens Real? possible if Shadow XM-L JM07 = Brightness: 800 lumens Real? possible and Shadow VG10 real Brightness: 686 lumens ?"

- JM07 just slightly out-throws the ST50, mainly because it is brighter and has a wider and deeper reflector, even though it is Orange Peel. The smooth reflector in the ST50 is fairly small, but does a good job for it's size. As far as lumens, go, my opinions are based on comparisons with other lights and what I have read in reviews, not in actual measurements, so take them for what they are worth. 620 lumens for the ST50 is accurate on turbo mode, as is the 500 lumens in high. I believe the 800 lumens rating on the JM07 is also real - this is a very bright light indeed and as I mentioned, you can perceive the difference compared to the ST50 in turbo mode and especially on high. I would say based on the larger reflector size of the VG10, 686 lumens is very possible and I would not call that an exaggeration.

BetweenRides, Thank you for your answer. Much in a complicated way take for itself decision not having nor torches nor photography with information as they dawn. I hope that me to manage to collect more to information.

Welcome, and English Very Good!! Wink

That is a good list of 26650 lights, all of them good. I would like to see my favorite added to that list, and how my favorite stacks up against the Shadow VG10 vs N-light ST50 vs Shadow JM07!

My favorite is the Keygos M10, IMO it is right there with those above, and wins on price hands down. Now, as far as performance, I don't have the other lights. Hoping to see a comparison on all those, included the M10..

Luck to you,

id also like to know how easy it is

Larts, I have the VG-10. I'll post a mini review soon.

Can't wait - those lights are beauties, FT.

Flashlight Turtle Thank you.

Hi guys, another newby to the forum. Since I've recently started cycling and nightriding I've become a new flashlight addict and been keenly following this forum for the last couple of weeks. The central Highlands of Vietnam is a pretty cool place for it.

Unfortunately I can't share in the joy of this Shadow JM07. The first day I ordered 1 it failed after maybe an hour of intermittent use. After getting a replacement (which I'm sure is just the same one that has been fixed) I pretty much had the same problem, although I at least got 1 cool hour of night riding out of it.

The problem happens when I replace the battery with a newly charged Sanyo 26650 fresh of the charger:

http://www.shadow.vn/pin-sac/pin-sac-sanyo-26650-4000mah-431048.html

At first the light has problems changing modes, refusing to go into low or any flashing modes. Then it would just fail to work.

I've taken the following precautions:

Not overcharging the batteries (been checking every 20 minutes, although probably not necessary)

Making sure it wasn't left on high mode too long (unless cycling)

During cycling checking the light wasn't getting too hot, at worst it was luke warm.

Making sure everything is screwed on firmly, no lose connections etc.

Just wondering if anyone has had similar issues or has any advice. Bare in mind I'm a newby that's still trying to get his head around all the technical jargon. Of course this only makes it harder when communicating to the dealer, in particular as my Vietnamese and his English is like talking 3-year-olds!! (oh yes.. translators are crap for technical talk)

Hi and welcome to BLF, Dallas Fan! I'm sorry to hear you have 2x issues with your JM07. It sounds like you've done everything right to check it. I hope you can work something out with the dealer you bought it from. Mine has performed flawlessly so far on maybe 8 rides. I'm now looking at a cheaper alternative clone with a SMO reflector

It's good to have you here, whokilledJR!

Thanks BetweenRides and raccoon city, looks like I got a lemon. For what it's worth that hours worth of night cycling I tested the JM07 against my Gemini Titan P7 and an Ultrafire XML-T6 C8. It certainly outperformed the C8, providing more flood while the OP hotspot was much larger and handier. Good for spotting all those potholes from a distance of about 20-25m that are typical on Vietnamese roads.

The Gemini Titan P7 provides a wider flood, although seemed rather pale and just doesn't provide the Lumens that the JM07 produced.

And I'm really kicking myself I didn't at least get the XML version of the Gemini Titan, I only discovered this forum about a week after I ordered it and didn't know the difference between XML and P7

Aloha and welcome to BLF whokilledJR!

Just looking to equip a family member who’s become a bicycle commuter.
It’s going to be paved streets and sidewalks with a fair amount of evening/early AM street lighting.

I’m putting the best flashlights I have handy on her bicycle to start with but that’s Solarforces, 18650s and floody lenses.

Obviously want a better light — one without the next mode memory and a selectable strobe not one you drop into every time you click something.

Is this JM07 still the best bet? I see “Pro” and “Upgraded” and other things in descriptions.

Which of the various places advertising them have the real thing, or a “same as/good as” light, rather than a lottery copy?