Shadow JM26 Driver (Place for more AMC7135)

It is an electronic switch mounted on the driver board, but I’ve no idea how it works or if it sees much current or not.

Cheers
Matt

Yeah, I couldn’t resist trying to make it brighter.
If your happy with unscrewing the head a quarter turn, and only using high, it seems worthwhile :slight_smile:

It still steps down after a certain amount of time to a lower high.

I bet you can get it sorted out.

One (slow and laborious) option would be to pull 1 chip at a time and re-test

The thought of taking chips off would make me cry :smiley:

I need to get some tips on soldering these chips. Getting the solder to stick and spread where i wanted it was hit and miss.

did you use flux? it is essential for how I do it (the tiniest amount I can apply), but others say they don’t use it.

next time I do some I’ll do a video, but it might be awhile

Yeah, I tried with and without flux, and also tried solder paste.
I have a gas soldering iron, and the tips only last a few hours, so that might not have helped. I think I need sn electric iron as the temp on a gas one is hard to control.

Soldering is really easy with a soldering station.. so I suggest you get yourself one. I dont use flux, but I use solder with some flux in it. Thats usually enough.

Ok thanks, ill look into getting one.

I noticed that they (whoever produced that driver for Shadow) used Microchip PIC MCU,
did someone tried to probe that mcu and see if it can be replaced with attiny13a?

I still have the JM26 and I have a question, is the number of AMC’s the only thing that differs the SL3 and JM26? I’m asking because I’ve bought the reflector and MCPCB from the SL3 to transform the JM26 into SL3. Possible?

does anyone knows how to tell the difference between two versions of jm26 (i read on cpf that there is revised driver that can work with two cells…)

This? —> Review: SHADOW JM26 Compact XM-L Thrower (1 x 18/26650)
(I don’t know any other driver than that for the JM26)

yea, that puts me back from buying one and not knowing what driver is inside…i want one with 7135 based driver…

For my JM26 I ordered SL3 driver from RIC (cnq) unfortunately everything else that I ordered vas in the package except the driver (which was the main thing that I waited) so he promised he will send me drive again and I am waiting further…

So, I received that driver and now I am gathering courage to implant it in JM26 :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a real pretty piece of hardware there.

what happened to the testing and beamshots that were promised in this thread. this is a nice light with those deep triple reflectors

edit
and is this the same driver that is in the JM30 ?
thx

Hi,
What is MCPCB diamerter for Shadow JM26?
I’m planning to put XHP in it… J)

See vestureofblood’s thread:

32mm, but it looks like the copper boards aren’t quite thick enough.

Thx WillyD!
Now i just need to find 32mm copper board for XHP70. :~