Shadow JM35: MT G2 one one cell!!

It's $39 correct not $35?

you are totally right!

I corrected my mistyping - thank you!

Quoted from another JM35 thread:

M4D M4X, will you be getting a MT-G2 or XHP-50 version. Would be interested in the differences and exactly how this host/reflector handles the subtleties of each LED.

i.e. Black ‘X’ in middle of four-die XHP50 vs yellow spots of MTG2 - if I’ve researched correctly!

Maybe each JM35 emitter option also has other host differences based on production age:

Pictures of the MT-G2 version on CNQG/EDC-Light have a different tail-cap (with what looks like a flat metal trigger button).

Whilst pictures of the same light on BangGood have a tail-cap that looks like the JM30 style (with rubber boot button).

Do you know which style(s) BangGood carry in stock? Is their MT-G2 version host different at all from the XHP50 host as pictured above, or would they have the same tail-cap button style?

I really want to order this light, especially with your great $39 deals. But can’t commit to either option until we know which is best and any other differences…

Hirsh

Edc light also has it for$39! Let's keep. Why not support him as well.

Theirs is the MTG 2.

Need to ask him for the $10 discount coupon through PM.. see his thread

Who is Edc light? Could you post a link? I google EDC light and there was a lot of interesting stuff but didn’t see a webstore by that name. Also can’t find “his thread (Edc light)” on here.

Good Day beam0,

It's Ric's (CNQualityGoods) new venture , have a look at:

Deal Alert: New Arrivals from EDC-Light.com (Continue to update)

Best Regards,

George

Well apparently banggood’s “upgrade” version has the JM30 style tail switch for lock out. Ric hasn’t posted a reply to that on his thread yet.

Thanks George!

Just received my JM 35(mt-g2) today in the mail but its acting weird. It supposed to have low medium high and turbo but when I tighten the battery tube to start the flashlight it goes in to strobe mode only! I bought this flashlight from EDC light and today I sent out a email to Ric in regards to the problem and hopefully I will get a response soon from him. Do you guys having the same problems with your jm35? I already tried using diferent size batteries, even LIFEPO4 and still get the strobe mode only, please help me!!
:_(

did you try a unprotected high current capable cell?
banggood updated their product page not to use protected cells…

try to shorten the tailcapspring with a thick wire - i read in the german forum that the voltagedrop over the rear spring makes the light act funny…

i hope my samples arrive soon… :frowning:

M4D M4X you are awesome! let me say that again You are awesome! Just shorted the tailcapspring and it worked! I was really doubting that it would work but I had to give it a shot and then BAM! I had it up and running thanks to you dude! :smiley:

I too want to purchase this light but to recycle the reflector and driver for my 1D Mag build.

Does the Kai 4V~18V driver work with a single IMR 26650? I mean why not have it say 3V~18V; than I know for sure it would work.

Anybody have any feedback on drivers for this light or where this light can be had for less than $39 since I just want the parts.

Thanks,
BigC

Can someone share the runtime with 4200ma 26650? Also, any low level battery warning? Maybe beamprofile too?

Any idea yet if the BangGood version actually has that tailswitch they show in their pictures?

And with the XHP50 do you think the brightness would be noticeably better?

how is that MT-G2 tint?

I will be posting some pics tomorrow of the driver and wall pics and the driver as well from jm30 and jm35! but tomorrow :smiley:

I would be more than happy to do a runtime but don’t have a 4200ma 26650 on hand :frowning: ,I will do a low battery warning test with an 18650 tomorrow.

I believe someone said the JM35’s only have the sideswitch. Vendors are (presumably) just mixing up the various pictures for the 30/35.

Edit: It might have been Gearbest.

Edit 2: Yep, GB for SHADOW JM35 - MT-G2 or XHP-50 - only $37.90 now !!

Normally it’s a beautiful neutral white. MT-G2 is a super safe bet for tint.

[quote=unknown00101]

Hmm, but it appears from this picture that it has to be a JM35, since it’s the shorty version: