Shadow JM35 Upgrade CREE MT - G2 / XHP - 50 1900LM LED Flashlight 26650 - MT-G2 (5000K) or XHP-50 (6000K)?

In one of my other threads I was recommended Shadow JM35 (or JM30) as a good, but budget, flashlight.
But who to choose:
Shadow JM35 Upgrade CREE MT - G2 / XHP - 50 1900LM LED Flashlight 26650 - MT-G2 (5000K)
Shadow JM35 Upgrade CREE MT - G2 / XHP - 50 1900LM LED Flashlight 26650 - XHP-50 (6000K)

jm30 has better driver to mod

But since I’m not a person who wants to mod, which is the best off the shelf?

Hi sonntag. Could you elaborate a little more? What sort of mods are possible?
Thanks

IF its a similar driver to the JM30 which i reviewed/modded here
then a simple resistor mod does the job

btw: don´t buy for full price :wink:

Still, no reply on what will be the best option for me that will not mod my flashlight?
The JM35 has 1900Lumen, the JM30 has 1000Lumen.

i like the MT-G2 models much more due to the tint!

Why not jm26 with the xhp50 at 2100 lumens

all of the MT-G2 do around 2000 Lumens stock

I got the JM35 a couple of days ago (after waiting for nearly 40 days for it!).

I like the form factor, size, beam and tint. It’s a bit stubby with a short handle, but making it longer to hold would just make it bigger and less pocket friendly. So I like it’s size.

It isn’t perfect. There is a horrible pre-flash when you turn it on. I like that it’s 3 mode, but there seems to be no way to get MAX output from off or quickly. So it’s turn it on, click for mid, click for high.

Not the end of the world, but with an electronic switch it would be nice if you could have gone straight to high if you wanted too.

I was worried about PWM, but it isn’t an issue at all.

It’s a flooder though, despite the large head size. The reflector appears to be very shallow, this gives a HUGE spill beam.

It might be 2000 lumens, but due to it’s floody nature, you might not think it is. My FourSevens MMU is rated at 800 lumens (uses the large SST-90 LED). But has a brighter hot spot and spill beam than the JM35, although the spill beam is much smaller.

So JM35 is the flashlight I should buy? It’s only $41 now at GB.

36,26 at banggood :wink:

you might look into my signature …

I chose JM 30 over jm 35 due to better driver. More amps.
and longer handle works better and is better looking.
I also agree with those who prefer triple X-PL HI
over the MTG2.

Depends totally on what you want it for.

A larger light is less pocket friendly.

The MT-G2 also has superb tint and a lovely beam if you aren’t looking for a thrower. Would make for a nice torch to go walking with.

M4D’s code also works on the NEW JM35 (now comes with extension tube and dual-switches on side AND rear clicky. - just like everyone always wanted since it was first released!)

Regular price is now $44.99, but M4DM4X’s code reduces it to $39.59 (which is below the previous email newsletter promotion they were running, now ended.)

It is definitely worth the extra $3 or so for the latest version.

Details here:

Hope this is all useful info for you.
Good luck with the purchase and keep shining!
Hirshy

Actually scratch that mate; just saw Banggood published a new public code on their thread for the New JM35:

5902fe - Brings it down to $38!

Hirsh

MT-G2 then? Or XHP-50? Going to order now…

Got the MT-G2.

But now batteries, the only 26650 batteries I have on my way, is protected Shoshine 5500mAh.
Looking now, how is KeepPower batteries? Cheap ones on GB now…

Then I ordered 4 x VAPPOWER 26650 5200mAh from banggood.com and 4 x KeepPower 5200mAh from GB, both got around $40 with codes, and/or points.
That become a expensive flashlight. $40 for the flashlight, then $80 for batteries.

you can alway run 18650 in it

Yeah…why did I don’t think about that… with the other flashlights I got a plastic tube for using 18650 batteries….wasted some money on 8 x 26650 batteries there…